Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Ff div iv 2018

Count me in...got to defend winning last year

Given this thread a bump, as we'll be watching preseason games next month... trying to figure out our draft picks. The regular season will be here before we know it. Thank you to those of you who whose names are bolded, as you have already checked in! I know not everyone's on the boards before the season arrives, but for those who haven't checked by the last week of July - I'll be sending a PM to see who's returning. Have a blast playing with you all!

Sophia - Shutdown Corner
    MarkB - Demaryius Targaryen
    BroncosDivision - Show Me Your TDs
    Blondie79 - sacks in the city
    Beastlyskronk - Check back next week
    Baph - Donkey Death Bringers
    Elway421 - Beyond Driven
    BrianMcfarlane - The Mighty Rockies
    Taz1458 - Mile High Salute
    BroncosFaninPA - 58ItsMillerTime
    Lumiere - Six Demon Bag
    CanDB - True North[/QUOTE]
    Last edited by Sophia23; 07-18-2018 at 05:27 PM.

Adopted Bronco - 2016/17 - Trevor Siemian
    Adopted Bronco - 2017/18 - Chris Harris Jr. # 25 to every player he covers
    Adopted Bronco - 2018/19 - Derek Wolfe
    Adopted Bronco - 2019/20 - Shelby Harris

Hey Commish...I know I've passed this by you (privately), but if there are only 2 divisions ahead of us, I prefer we are Division 3. This is a strong group, based on my experience, and I don't think 4 is indicative of our talent, given one group ahead is both Div. II and III. If we changed to 3, I don't think it would be too confusing.

Not a biggee….maybe others will agree or disagree with this.

Have a great summer gang!!

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    Hey Commish...I know I've passed this by you (privately), but if there are only 2 divisions ahead of us, I prefer we are Division 3. This is a strong group, based on my experience, and I don't think 4 is indicative of our talent, given one group ahead is both Div. II and III. If we changed to 3, I don't think it would be too confusing.

Not a biggee….maybe others will agree or disagree with this.

Have a great summer gang!!
    It's not indicative of our talent, just of how many divisions there were when this league joined the others. If others have some input on it, let me know.... Hope your enjoying your summer, CanDB!

Quote Originally Posted by Sophia23 View Post
    It's not indicative of our talent, just of how many divisions there were when this league joined the others. If others have some input on it, let me know.... Hope your enjoying your summer, CanDB!
    You were happy with 4 right? We have embraced 2/3 .... if you want to change of course because it makes sense... but I like us all as we are..
    http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

Adopted Bronco: Andy Janovich

Given this thread a bump, as we'll be watching preseason games next month... trying to figure out our draft picks. The regular season will be here before we know it. Thank you to those of you who whose names are bolded, as you have already checked in! I know not everyone's on the boards before the season arrives, but for those who haven't checked by the last week of July - I'll be sending a PM to see who's returning. Have a blast playing with you all!

Sophia - Shutdown Corner
    MarkB - Demaryius Targaryen
    BroncosDivision - Show Me Your TDs
    Blondie79 - sacks in the city
    Beastlyskronk - Check back next week
    Baph - Donkey Death Bringers
    Elway421 - Beyond Driven
    BrianMcfarlane - The Mighty Rockies
    Taz1458 - Mile High Salute
    BroncosFaninPA - 58ItsMillerTime
    Lumiere - Six Demon Bag
    CanDB - True North
    [/QUOTE]

I will play again this year as the Mighty Rockies.

This.

Proof? I'm in DIV 1.
    Administrator

#LupusAwareness

Adopted Bronco: Derek Wolfe --- I adopted: Everyone!

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Quote Originally Posted by Peanut View Post
    This.

Proof? I'm in DIV 1.
    lol - I use think I was good at FF until I started playing with these guys ....

I will play again this year as the Mighty Rockies.[/QUOTE]

@brianmcfarlane

Quote Originally Posted by EddieMac View Post
    You were happy with 4 right? We have embraced 2/3 .... if you want to change of course because it makes sense... but I like us all as we are..
    Yes, I am an odd one, 4 belongs to me. You ran 3, You ran 2, now they are 1 - 2/3. I understand it would make sense not to be that way, but I'm happy with it as is. If enough people complain and I see there is an error in my ways, I may request a change in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by EddieMac View Post
    This.

Proof? I'm in DIV 1.
    I was simply asking our commish and our group what they thought. I know it has nothing to do with talent. Our Division is top notch, maybe as good as any. Just passing this by our group for discussion, if they so choose. Nothing more. The reference to talent level is about the perception of those who do not know, like new folks. After all, the rule of moving up and down each year (based on who finished first/last) is very definitely one of talent distinction. But based on my limited experience here, Group IV is very good. Not the bottom.

Again, simple question to my commish and those in our division.
    Last edited by CanDB; 07-18-2018 at 06:37 PM.

I think the divisions use to matter when the was movement but I think we went away from that due to think division 4 always losing so many people and not always being able to fill the gaps.

Adopted Broncos:
    (2011-2013) Eric Decker
    (2014-current) Bradley Roby
    Adopted posters:
    Everyone

Quote Originally Posted by #87Birdman View Post
    I think the divisions use to matter when the was movement but I think we went away from that due to think division 4 always losing so many people and not always being able to fill the gaps.
    So no more moving up and down?

I am sorry if I was not to discuss this in our thread. I thought it was a thread that served the purpose of our group, under your leadership....to be conveyed to others if necessary. Because I had mentioned this to you before, I did not see this as a big deal. It is, after all, simply a division name. I just think it kind of different that we have a division with 2 names, and a 4th division that is actually the 3rd division.

And though you and I know it has little to do with talent (although some folks in other divisions may want to dispute), I do not see the problem with moving up in that regard.

But that's my last word on this topic, unless I feel the need to engage as a result of similar discussion.

Carry on...….see you all at the draft.

So no more moving up and down?
    I think we stopped that last year.

I am sorry if I was not to discuss this in our thread. I thought it was a thread that served the purpose of our group, under your leadership....to be conveyed to others if necessary. Because I had mentioned this to you before, I did not see this as a big deal. It is, after all, simply a division name. I just think it kind of different that we have a division with 2 names, and a 4th division that is actually the 3rd division.

And though you and I know it has little to do with talent (although some folks in other divisions may want to dispute), I do not see the problem with moving up in that regard.

But that's my last word on this topic, unless I feel the need to engage as a result of similar discussion.

Carry on...….see you all at the draft.
    The bolded. When I see someone from another division saying that they are the best, I take it as smack. We do it within the division and I think we do it with other divisions. I never take it as being serious. It's all in good fun.

I think most people know that division numbers does not mean that the best players are in #1 and the bad players are in #4.
    Administrator

#LupusAwareness

Adopted Bronco: Derek Wolfe --- I adopted: Everyone!

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

I think we stopped that last year.

The bolded. When I see someone from another division saying that they are the best, I take it as smack. We do it within the division and I think we do it with other divisions. I never take it as being serious. It's all in good fun.

I think most people know that division numbers does not mean that the best players are in #1 and the bad players are in #4.
    Here's a thought....if not based on competitiveness why not rename divisions like team names, or something more in the line of fun.

I've said too much already...….

Next.

How about adding a "Legends" Division? Past winners only are invited...
    *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
    *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
    *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*