Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Ff div iv 2018

Having a keep isnt always an advantage. If you win you probably had a stud player. But now you pick last in round one that already has a depleted talent pool.

It is actually a pretty good system
    http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

Adopted Broncos: Garett Bolles

there is no way to do a keeper considering we never have the same people come back the following year. i'm not opposed to ppr or 6 pt per passing TD as my other FF league uses that format and it's fun, just as long as we all agree before the draft and we don't change much more than that.

Welcome Back! #85

Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    Anytime Saturday is fine by me, I can adjust to you guys. Any other day and itíll likely be during my lunch break (your time) and thatís daddy/daughter time

Definitely don't won't to interrupt daddy/daughter time ... lets see what we can work out, sounds like Sunday is out for you, but I see some can do Saturday night ... I'll come up with some different times and we'll see what works for the majority. Like to make it work for as many as possible

Adopted Bronco - 2016/17 - Trevor Siemian
    Adopted Bronco - 2017/18 - Chris Harris Jr. # 25 to every player he covers
    Adopted Bronco - 2018/19 - Derek Wolfe

Quote Originally Posted by Danzler88 View Post
    "Also we've always done the standard rules in this league in the past, but always open to change if you all want to switch anything up. Just let me know and we'll put it to vote mid-august."
    I'm new so I'm not caught up on the league history but has there already been a discussion about switching to PPR or 6 pts. per passing td, or maybe start using keepers?
    Appreciate the input, Danzler88! I'm all for the the PPR of 6 pts have had that in other leagues and like it. I haven't played in one with keepers before, I do know there is usually about 1 to 2 new members a year to this league, because not everyone always returns. Will put a vote to both of them...

that being said... kinda bummed. Have enjoyed playing with BD from the start, but can see he's been on the boards and still hasn't checked in ... so will fill his spot, so we can move forward.

looks like there's been some changes in team names, let me know if you changed your name. @ Baph

Quote Originally Posted by Sophia23 View Post
    let me know if you changed your name. @ Baph
    i'll change it soon and like always you will know its me

Welcome Back! #85

okay, changed my name, gotta stick with the same theme every year!

Welcome Back! #85

Quote Originally Posted by EddieMac View Post
    Having a keep isnt always an advantage. If you win you probably had a stud player. But now you pick last in round one that already has a depleted talent pool.

It is actually a pretty good system
    What do you mean, you pick last? Our winner does not pick last, and I am fine with it. Unless I am misinterpreting, one rule can be unrelated to another. Can you not have leagues with a keeper, who employ random drafts every year?

Bottom line, I prefer no keeper based on the little I know, because I still believe it hurts the lower ranked teams on average. If you finish near the bottom, you may not have a stud on your team. Whereas if you win, I have a pretty good hunch that you have at least one stud. Why carry this advantage over to another year?

Further, picking last in a depleted pool might be a source of help for a low ranked team, but that's more true if you do not use a "snake" system.

Truth is, I prefer we start fresh every year....and in random format. It makes for a much more exciting draft. And drafts are meant to be highly exciting. And to conclude on "keepers", as has been mentioned, it does not make sense to me, if you have a league that undergoes change each year.

Alright all, welcome Johntbronco to our division! I'll update his team name when I see it.

When we pick the draft time, I'd also like to take a vote on a couple other items so we can get everyones take on:

1.) 6 points per passing td
    2.) PPR
    3.) keepers

I'll throw my take in here - I'm a yes for #1. No on 2 for me, when I think about it I kinda like the standard scoring on this one. No for me on 3. My yes and no's mean nothing, other than to be included with what the rest of you decide to tally a vote.

As for draft times would like to include as many as possible in the draft. If we do Saturday eve 9/1/18 would you all be able to do 9PM EDT or 930 PM EDT. If too many people can't do Saturday, we would probably be looking at early eve on Sunday around 600 pm EDT or 930 pm EDT. If we move to a weekday I can only do in the evenings which would be about 9pm EDT or later.

Let me know your thoughts.

Sophia - Shutdown Corner
    MarkB - Demaryius Targaryen
    Johntbronco - ?
    Blondie79 - sacks in the city
    Beastlyskronk - Check back next week
    Baph - Donkey Decapitators
    Elway421 - Beyond Driven
    BrianMcfarlane - The Mighty Rockies
    Taz1458 - Mile High Salute
    BroncosFaninPA - 58ItsMillerTime
    Danzler88 - Bodega Belichick
    CanDB - True North
    Last edited by Sophia23; 08-13-2018 at 06:46 PM.

I can make every one of those times.

Quote Originally Posted by Sophia23 View Post
    Alright all, welcome Johntbronco to our division! I'll update his team name when I see it.

When we pick the draft time, I'd also like to take a vote on a couple other items so we can get everyones take on:

1.) 6 points per passing td
    2.) PPR
    3.) keepers

I'll throw my take in here - I'm a yes for #1. No on 2 for me, when I think about it I kinda like the standard scoring on this one. No for me on 3. My yes and no's mean nothing, other than to be included with what the rest of you decide to tally a vote.

As for draft times would like to include as many as possible in the draft. If we do Saturday eve 9/1/18 would you all be able to do 9PM EDT or 930 PM EDT. If too many people can't do Saturday, we would probably be looking at early eve on Sunday around 600 pm EDT or 930 pm EDT. If we move to a weekday I can only do in the evenings which would be about 9pm EDT or later.

Let me know your thoughts.

Sophia - Shutdown Corner
    MarkB - Demaryius Targaryen
    Johntbronco - ?
    Blondie79 - sacks in the city
    Beastlyskronk - Check back next week
    Baph - Donkey Decapitators
    Elway421 - Beyond Driven
    BrianMcfarlane - The Mighty Rockies
    Taz1458 - Mile High Salute
    BroncosFaninPA - 58ItsMillerTime
    Danzler88 - Bodega Belichick
    CanDB - True North
    I like however we had it last year but I'm fine with whatever anyone wants. I should be able to make anytime work that you guys choose

2018 Adopted Bronco: Phillip Lindsay
    2013 Adopt-a-poster: #87Birdman, AZ Snake Fan,
    BSD, Housh, Humcalc and Sophia

I am not for #1 but I am not really that concerned about it. I am agnostic on #2 but lean towards it. I don't favor keepers.
    Overall, I like the league the way it is but I am not against some change.

EDIT... I actually meant ambivalent not agnostic
    Last edited by brianmcfarlane; 08-16-2018 at 07:37 PM. Reason: Not accurate word

I would prefer the draft to be sunday as saturday may not work for me & i'm good with whatever rules are in place

I prefer to keep the rules as is....no 6 point TD, definitely no PPR, and no keeper. I like standard rules, and as for #1, it would be like having a little twist that really doesn't add value to me, if we are playing standard rules. I've seen other leagues that have several "twists" and for me, it's sort of like someone got bored when they made the changes. Some twists can essentially change the entire way you approach the draft. Hey, cool if you like change.

As for the draft date/time.....I am good with Saturday or Sunday, but as long as you keep Saturday at the later times you mention. I can not do earlier than 9 pm ET.

I'm cool with 1 or 2 if that's the consensus but strongly opposed to keepers.

I can fit in any draft times on the weekend.

Saturday is perfect for me.