Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    I've always been told the highest % shot for a kicker is the top corner post. Sure it's risky because you could hit the post or sail over but most people I've heard say it's the most likely unstoppable shot for a goalie to deflect. Too far of a leap and if the kicker hits it with enough power it will travel too fast. The only way a goalie would be able to block it is if they dove early and the kicker didn't adjust mid kick.

Up the middle is extremely unexpected sure. But I don't think it's as high of a % as you think. In fact I forget which shootout it was this World cup. But one of them had two kickers both kick mostly up the middle and the goalies had dove but kept their legs stretched out behind them as they dove left or right. And both were able to deflect a shot up the middle with their shins by doing so. Granted that's two shots out of a large historical sample size. But I've always been taught best not to test a goalie by going for the middle of the net.
    Listen, I'd never go up the middle. Just saying how crazy it seems. Italy's crafty Pirlo pulled it off in a World Cup shootout.

As a right footed kicker, my favs are top right or lower left (from my perspective). If you hook a ball inward from the post, with some speed, top right, it is impossible to stop. Bottom left, hooking towards the corner (again, with some speed) makes a goalie have to guess right and have to dive low for the ball. Top left is good too, but a goalie could get their hand on it.

Good game so far! Kind of wish England did not get such a close free kick....in a very scorable spot. I am not against England, but I want the goals to be well earned. But no doubt the kick was perfect!

Love how 8 of Croatia's starters have names ending in "ic", and the HC would make it 9! Makes for an interesting play by play.

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    Love how 8 of Croatia's starters have names ending in "ic", and the HC would make it 9! Makes for an interesting play by play.
    LOL, it's a slavic thing.

Is it me or does Kieran Trippier have the straightest line of hair on his forehead or what?

OT.....crazy game. England led the 1st half but Croatia was better in the 2nd. Fitting that we go extra time.

Soccer would be SO much more entertaining if there wasn't flopping. It is maddening every time it happens.

YES! So glad England loss.

Good on Croatia....they turned this game around, and were not be denied. Quite a big deal, reaching the final!

Not the final I was expecting. Congrats to Croatia.

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    Good on Croatia....they turned this game around, and were not be denied. Quite a big deal, reaching the final!
    It's so nice seeing Rakatic make it this far. *Barca fan*
    And Modric, his story is interesting.

Will be a fun final. The defense of Croatia with its beyond talented midfield v the Offense of France with its talented midfield.

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post
    YES! So glad England loss.
    Boo!

Still, props to the Croats!

Go Croatia...put a new name on the cup.

Quote Originally Posted by Rastic View Post
    Boo!

Still, props to the Croats!
    Croatia has Rakitic, and even though England has some Man U players...I'm a Barca fan before I'm a Man U supporter. Lol

On the bridge side, England has a lot of young talent, barely injuries they will be competing in tournaments at this level in the future.(as in quarterfinals, semifinals)

Rashford is a beast, he just needs to stop tryna solo so often, same for Jesse.

Looks like France beat the better team in the semis...based on today's result. I'll still pull for Croatia though.