Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Germany saved their tournament by pulling one out of their rear ends

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    Germany saved their tournament by pulling one out of their rear ends
    Sweeden didn't get that call early in the game, may have been a game changer.

2013 Adopted Bronco - Duke Ihenacho

Think the biggest takeaway thus far is nobody wants to us VAR even though it's an option. I think the VAR people are scared to change a decision because how it might make the refs look. Then the refs dont wanna call for it because they feel like they have a control on the games.....

They dont. All these games have been crazy and out of control because refs are holding onto their cards.

Germany's play style almost cost them today's game. I think Ter Stegen would be a better option than Neur.

Wake up call for the host country today.

Spain nearly toiled around with not qualifying today.

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    Spain nearly toiled around with not qualifying today.
    Iran v Portugal was a bit crazy!

Adopted Bronco - Emmanuel Sanders

Welp after all that early cup drama the major players are still moving on. Argentina barely by the skin of their teeth today.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaws View Post
    Iran v Portugal was a bit crazy!
    After today, I think all the third games are crazy. Fun to watch.

Argentina gonna need to get their house in order when they play France. France got a lot of star attackers, something Argentina's group lacked but on the other side, that group was all defense and set out to making sure Messi couldn't get open. Hell in the Croatia match, everytime he had the ball, there was 7 Croatians around him.

France doesn't have the defensive talent to copy that but Argentina doesn't have the defense to stop stop Mbappe, Anto, Pogba, etc. One of them gonna go off.

My thoughts, on Argentina's best chance in that match up, figure out how to make Dybala and Messi work, because for whatever reason Dybala is incapable of flourishing when playing with Messi. Which is why we've only seen Dybala like once in the group stages.

15 minutes away from seeing the holders go out!

I did not expect this sudden turn of events with Sweden routing Mexico who seemed like the class of group F. As it stands Germany is out. But if they can somehow come up with a goal in the next 15+ minutes it would be a stunning upset for Mexico to be eliminated.

Wow, just wow!

South Korea does the unthinkable!!! Germany has never been stopped in the first round before!!!

This is a wild and whacky tournament!!!

What a stunning turn of events. Never did I think Germany would lose to South Korea by allowing not one but 2 stoppage time goals. Or be shutout.

The offense that was one of the most well oiled efficient machines we have seen on the world stage 4 years ago was a complete no show at the 2018 tournament. 2 goals in 3 games. I'm sure heads will roll.

Out of all the tournaments this is the one USMNT chose not to be good enough for. SMH.

Germany currently has the same issue team US had...too many old players. Ozil, Muller, those 2 are key players that didnt show up. Kroos arguably costed the Germans 2 games, including this one today. Nothing about Germany was good during these group stages.