Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    I don't really care for soccer but that being said, it's a shame Germany didn't advance to the round of 16.
    Adopted Poster
    AZ Snake Fan

Quote Originally Posted by BroncosDivision View Post
    I don't really care for soccer but that being said, it's a shame Germany didn't advance to the round of 16.
    Who'd a thunk it......no Italy, no Netherlands....now no Germany. And others hanging in, like Argentina. I agree to a point, that I prefer having all the big dogs in the competition, but then again, you are your record and your performance. But I still scratch my head over Germany's struggles.

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    Who'd a thunk it......no Italy, no Netherlands....now no Germany. And others hanging in, like Argentina. I agree to a point, that I prefer having all the big dogs in the competition, but then again, you are your record and your performance. But I still scratch my head over Germany's struggles.
    Germany is the only shocker though. The Dutch and Italy are meh, with Italy's history and name being the only big thing about them. They have a future but they didnt have a present.

Yea its such a shame, my heart is breaking

Quote Originally Posted by bronx_2003 View Post
    Yea its such a shame, my heart is breaking
    You sound like everyone I've talked to in the past few days. People say they have a way of "lucking out". Germany has had great teams over the years, no doubt, especially in the 70s but to me, one thing sticks out the most, their mentality. That's why they're almost always in the dance. They keep pushing till the very last second and are relentless in their football philosophy (up until now at least). Unlike any other nation in soccer. People get fatigue from other people's continued success, well, I salute it. Unpopular opinion, I know.

I hope they sort out the mess and get back to their winning ways in 2020.
    Last edited by BroncosDivision; 06-28-2018 at 03:01 AM.
    Adopted Poster
    AZ Snake Fan

You sound like everyone I've talked to in the past few days. People say they have a way of "lucking out". Germany has had great teams over the years, no doubt, especially in the 70s but to me, one thing sticks out the most, their mentality. That's why they're almost always in the dance. They keep pushing till the very last second and are relentless in their football philosophy (up until now at least). Unlike any other nation in soccer. People get fatigue from other people's continued success, well, I salute it. Unpopular opinion, I know.

I hope they sort out the mess and get back to their winning ways in 2020.
    I just like to see the underdogs do well, the team I have been really impressed with so far is Croatia. Not sure how far they will go but they have a really well put together team, system and experience

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post
    Germany is the only shocker though. The Dutch and Italy are meh, with Italy's history and name being the only big thing about them. They have a future but they didnt have a present.
    Maybe so, but when we talk Italy, we are referring to a 4 time champion who has not missed the cup for 60 years. Hey, I may be biased, but I've seen them win 2 cups, and that's better than most countries.

Quote Originally Posted by bronx_2003 View Post
    I just like to see the underdogs do well, the team I have been really impressed with so far is Croatia. Not sure how far they will go but they have a really well put together team, system and experience
    We're going to have our hands full with that team, for sure, especially with the way we've played as of late. Granted, we haven't lost a match in 15 or 16 games but I'm not thrilled with the way we're playing. Boring, uninspired and way, way too defensive for my taste (I'm easily bored watching soccer lol). What happened to the creativity and attacking down the field that got us to the World Cup? Why are we suddenly playing scared? If Eriksen is so good (and he's not imo), he needs to step up and elevate the team. Much like Messi needs to do for Argentina.

If this is how our coach wants the team to play, I'd rather we lose.
    Adopted Poster
    AZ Snake Fan

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    Maybe so, but when we talk Italy, we are referring to a 4 time champion who has not missed the cup for 60 years. Hey, I may be biased, but I've seen them win 2 cups, and that's better than most countries.
    I mean that goes into what I said about their history. Their present is just like the US they arent that good. They arent like a team like Chile whom should be in the world cup but only so many South American teams are allowed to take part. Italy just is in that transition phase. Next time around Buffon wont be in net, but Donnarumma, whom is viewed by many to be a future star, a potential best in the game keeper, will be.

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post
    I mean that goes into what I said about their history. Their present is just like the US they arent that good. They arent like a team like Chile whom should be in the world cup but only so many South American teams are allowed to take part. Italy just is in that transition phase. Next time around Buffon wont be in net, but Donnarumma, whom is viewed by many to be a future star, a potential best in the game keeper, will be.
    Good insight IB.....

Argentina has adjusted perfectly from the first 20 minutes struggles win France speed. They have completely owned the second 20 minutes of the first half. And France choosing to play so soft and only counter finally cost them.

This game is on fire

Wow this one changed all momentum the second Argentina went up 2-1.

This one got away from Argentina fast

Absolute joke by the refs. 5 second half goals and then only add 4 minutes of stoppage? And then after a big scuffle delay and a stoppage time goal they still only allow 5 minutes if total stoppage? What an absolute joke.

I mean Germany got 8 minutes of stoppage against South Korea in a group stage game trying to save their tournament. If I was an Argentina fan I would be outraged right now.