Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich_C View Post
    Right but the real question is how much longer can CHJ play like he is? Then you have to ask is Roby really good enough to be "THAT GUY". I am not so sure he is. I really want him to prove me wrong. Then it stands to reason that one of Langley & Yiadom will likely not pan out or will get hurt. So now the question is is BEAL better than a guy we think will make it into the 3rd round next year? I am not so sure so if that is the case I say take him round 3 or 4.
    i don't get the hate roby has got on this forum. he is a really good CB. and is still probably one of the better CBs in the nfl

oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoooJohnson View Post
    NFLDraftScout.com didnít do their homework if they had him at 30.
    It's an information they should have not released, especially with the NCAA season and the 2019 Draft sp far away.

Rob Rang, who works for NFL Draft Scout, said Beal "might have warranted first-round consideration in the 2019 draft" with a strong senior season and gave him a 2nd-round grade:

https://www.themaven.net/nfldraftsco...kufOiSoYSTFVQ/

Scouts say Beal has no known off-field issues. He started 23 of 25 games for the Broncos the past two seasons for a Western Michigan program that has quietly churned out seven NFL draft picks the past three years, including playmaking wideout Corey Davis, who battled daily against Beal for two years and was selected No. 5 overall by the Tennessee Titans in 2017.

Beal's suspension from Western Michigan (and reason for jumping into the supplemental draft) was due to "academic credit shortcomings," head coach Tim Lester explained to Pete Thamel of Yahoo Sports.
    Beal's gifts are obvious. With a strong senior campaign, he might have warranted first-round consideration in the 2019 draft.
    Taking all of these factors into consideration, I'm stamping a second-round grade on Beal, projecting him to be selected somewhere in this or the third round of the July 11 email-only supplemental draft. The winning team forfeits its same-round pick for the 2019 draft.
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_C View Post
    Right but the real question is how much longer can CHJ play like he is? Then you have to ask is Roby really good enough to be "THAT GUY". I am not so sure he is. I really want him to prove me wrong. Then it stands to reason that one of Langley & Yiadom will likely not pan out or will get hurt. So now the question is is BEAL better than a guy we think will make it into the 3rd round next year? I am not so sure so if that is the case I say take him round 3 or 4.
    I havenít looked too deep into the CBs for next season but with the dline looking fairly deep with a good bit of impressive high end talent we could see some guys with 2nd round grades in the 3rd. Probably not at CB since itís such a coveted position but maybe at another area on the team that needs to be addressed.

CHJ is only 28 years old. He has at least 4 years of peak production left. Maybe as many as 6.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonny_Quest View Post
    CHJ is only 28 years old. He has at least 4 years of peak production left. Maybe as many as 6.
    Itís possible, but CB is a position where you can fall off a cliff production wise any year

Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    Itís possible, but CB is a position where you can fall off a cliff production wise any year
    I agree and just look at Champ Bailey heís a prime example. For ten years he was so good and suddenly he couldnít do anything!

Quote Originally Posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
    i don't get the hate roby has got on this forum. he is a really good CB. and is still probably one of the better CBs in the nfl
    Nobody said they hate him, nobody has even discredited him but nonetheless he will command top dollar so we are speculative on other options, life without Roby just in case. It does not translate to hate and that is what you need to get.

He got beat pretty bad sometimes last season. Not sure if it was miscommunication with the safeties or if heís taking too many risks. We should find out for sure this season. Seems a bit like Janoris Jenkins in St. Louis to me though
    Last edited by beastlyskronk; 06-18-2018 at 09:13 PM.

Above average to good, yes. He does get beat, while Talib and Harris barely ever got beat the last few years. I recall Miami torching him repeatedly.
    Fightin' Texas Aggie c/o '16

Above average to good, yes. He does get beat, while Talib and Harris barely ever got beat the last few years. I recall Miami torching him repeatedly.
    The random slot WR on Cincy that burned or an out and up on 3rd and short. When I see him getting burned itís always him being super aggressive on short routes. Teams have started to manipulate him a bit

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    Nobody said they hate him, nobody has even discredited him but nonetheless he will command top dollar so we are speculative on other options, life without Roby just in case. It does not translate to hate and that is what you need to get.
    he has played at a top 10-15 level for the last 2-3 years. he has 6 int and 2 tds in sense he was a rookie playing as the number 3 CB. he has looked really good and still has room to grow. he is a special talent with great speed and recovers wells. he needs to not rely on it as much but he still is a really good CB and worth the top dollar. i expect him to be establish him self as a top 10 Cb this season.

oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

https://www.denverbroncos.com/news/h...miami-19933163

3 PDs and a FF. He had a pretty good game in Miami from what I remember. He was the only one who actually showed up.

he has played at a top 10-15 level for the last 2-3 years. he has 6 int and 2 tds in sense he was a rookie playing as the number 3 CB. he has looked really good and still has room to grow. he is a special talent with great speed and recovers wells. he needs to not rely on it as much but he still is a really good CB and worth the top dollar. i expect him to be establish him self as a top 10 Cb this season.
    Have to agree to disagree on this one. He has been a good #3 CORNER for sure. But he has been torched when asked to cover #1 receivers. AJ Green just made him look silly last year , again and again. I don't hate Roby at all. I like him. He has played well for us when asked to play the #3 spot. Hoping he will be good for us again this year. But I do not think he should be covering the #1 spot at all. He might be a top #3 corner in the league. But no way at this point is he a top #10 over all corner. He has been in the league a while too. We shall see how he does this year. I expect to see improvement, but I will be very pleasantly surprised if he turns into what you are talking about and becomes top 10 overall . I don't see him doing it nor being worth top 10 money imo. I think he will be good and want to keep him, but we shall see what the price tag will be.
    Last edited by FL BRONCO; 06-20-2018 at 10:54 AM.
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep, to gain what he cannot lose." ĖJim Elliot

Well, the supplemental draft is tomorrow. I would not be surprised if Sam Beal goes to a division rival, since the Chiefs and Raiders could use some help at cornerback.

EDIT: Beal drafted by the Giants.

Last edited by -Rod-; 07-11-2018 at 10:33 AM.
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607

I really hope so because if he does that then we really didnt lose a whole lot by trading Talib but have in fact gotten more talented in the secondary with the addition of Sua Cravens and Issac Yiadom!