Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

CB Sam Beal declares for the supplemental draft

I cannot find anything that indicates any red flags behind the reasoning. He has been considered a top 2019 corner, and now he will be playing this fall. It is widely believed that he will push for a top 3 round pick, with a first rounder being in the realm of possibility.

Depending on how our young guys are looking, I wouldn’t mind surrendering a second rounder for a starting quality corner with size.
    Fightin' Texas Aggie c/o '16

In terms of style of play, he is like Aqib Talib and fits what the Broncos look for in the secondary: a tall, press cornerbacker to play man coverage. Elway might see Beal as a player similar to Isaac Yiadom.
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607

supplemental draft doesn't always produce good players but they can be an opening for some good ones, Josh Gordon is the one that comes to mind but I can't think of any others off the top of my head

2017 Adopted Bronco Andy Janovich

Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    supplemental draft doesn't always produce good players but they can be an opening for some good ones, Josh Gordon is the one that comes to mind but I can't think of any others off the top of my head
    You’d have to go some ways back to find them. Ahmad Brooks has had a long career. Bobby Humphrey was a 1st round pick by us. Jamaal Williams and Cris Carter were some others

Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    You’d have to go some ways back to find them. Ahmad Brooks has had a long career. Bobby Humphrey was a 1st round pick by us. Jamaal Williams and Cris Carter were some others
    Chris Carter came out of the supplemental? Wow, I never knew that

Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    Chris Carter came out of the supplemental? Wow, I never knew that
    Yup he was ruled ineligible for his senior season when it was found out he had signed an agent

I may be crucified for saying this but Denver is going to need extreme help at the corner position sooner than later. Roby will be a free agent and I don't see CHJ playing at such a high level for too much longer. Its no jinx nor bad omen, its accepting the reality of father time.
    Miller Ware Chubb 1.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    I may be crucified for saying this but Denver is going to need extreme help at the corner position sooner than later. Roby will be a free agent and I don't see CHJ playing at such a high level for too much longer. Its no jinx nor bad omen, its accepting the reality of father time.
    we got rid of talib to give roby talib money. he will be one of the next broncos to sign a big contract. we gave talib a 6 57 m contract. we should be able to pay roby 10m-12m a year which is very competivity fo rhte highest contact.

oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

Quote Originally Posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
    we got rid of talib to give roby talib money. he will be one of the next broncos to sign a big contract. we gave talib a 6 57 m contract. we should be able to pay roby 10m-12m a year which is very competivity fo rhte highest contact.
    Roby will not get Talib money. We could dip into FA to get more for less.

I'd like to see us take him. When is the supplemental draft?

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoooJohnson View Post
    Roby will not get Talib money. We could dip into FA to get more for less.
    Roby is a ligit numebr 1 CB in this league. he will make 10-12m a year i be would be willing to cp bet that. i feel if he doesn't get it here he will get it else where. Roby is a play maker and a top CB in the nfl. if you don't see that check youtube and all the defensive touch downs during the lat 10 years. which some one posted. 3 people show up alot making plays. Roby Talib and Miller. Roby is gonna surprised alot of people. but he is a legit number 1 cb.

oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

Quote Originally Posted by Houshmazode View Post
    I'd like to see us take him. When is the supplemental draft?
    July 11.

http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607

Quote Originally Posted by -Rod- View Post
    July 11.

NFLDraftScout.com didn’t do their homework if they had him at 30.

This would be a good year to get someone from the supplemental draft. We have 8 picks next season and our 5-11 season helps us become the favored team to win in with similar pick bids on a player. We could use another corner if the front office feels Yiadom needs more time, but with Langley and Yiadom in development and Brock the starter it'll be crowded if we pick up Beal.
    Superbowl 50 Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    This would be a good year to get someone from the supplemental draft. We have 8 picks next season and our 5-11 season helps us become the favored team to win in with similar pick bids on a player. We could use another corner if the front office feels Yiadom needs more time, but with Langley and Yiadom in development and Brock the starter it'll be crowded if we pick up Beal.
    Right but the real question is how much longer can CHJ play like he is? Then you have to ask is Roby really good enough to be "THAT GUY". I am not so sure he is. I really want him to prove me wrong. Then it stands to reason that one of Langley & Yiadom will likely not pan out or will get hurt. So now the question is is BEAL better than a guy we think will make it into the 3rd round next year? I am not so sure so if that is the case I say take him round 3 or 4.