Big change in Broncos offense: Quick-throwing Keenum

Big change in Broncos offense: Quick-throwing Keenum
    He's nimble, fast and unloading the ball quickly.

Author: Mike Klis
    Published: 4:11 PM MDT June 12, 2018
    Updated: 5:54 PM MDT June 12, 2018

ENGLEWOOD -- There is one noticeable difference between the offense Case Keenum is running for Bill Musgrave, and the one Trevor Siemian ran for Mike McCoy last year.

Keenum is getting the ball out of his hand.

“I always thought that it was my job to get the ball out of my hands, get it into the fast guys’ hands and let them do something with it,’’ Keenum said.

What you hear now about last year’s offense is every play was like a science project. Complicated equations for play calls. Some of the interceptions thrown by Trevor Siemian and Brock Osweiler occurred in part because a receiver ran the wrong route. Can’t always run the correct route if you’re confused on which pattern to run.

Running backs stayed in to block. During the minicamp here Tuesday and throughout the offseason, the backs have been swinging out to catch the ball.

It’s simple – providing you have the quarterback who knows where to throw the ball before the snap.

“I want to master this offense,’’ Keenum said. “I want to get on the same page as Matt [Paradis, the center], as D.T. [Demaryius Thomas], Emmanuel [Sanders] and all those guys on the outside so that we don’t have to communicate as much on the field. We’re communicating so much during the offseason and off the field that it just comes naturally.”

One more benefit to quicker passes: The offensive line doesn’t have to block as long.
    It's the off season and news is often glorified hype but I really like this report on Keenum. I really hope he is able to make strong connections with the offense as it sounds he is aiming for.

Quote Originally Posted by Rastic View Post
    It's the off season and news is often glorified hype but I really like this report on Keenum. I really hope he is able to make strong connections with the offense as it sounds he is aiming for.
    Exactly right. THIS is how you take an under-achieving Offensive Line and make them look like "All-Pros".

I think Case will have another Big Time Year and I think Case will lead Denver to the Playoffs !

Music to my ears. Maybe Case is the guy. He can definitely throw the ball

But so much yes to this. Keep it simple, level the routes and always give QB a quick easy outlet (often via rb in the flat)

He's right about just getting the ball into people's hands. And doing it quickly.. that's what makes Tom Brady, Tom Brady

Very good to hear.

It's going to be a good year

Quote Originally Posted by Rastic View Post
    That all sounds good. I like the fact that it says they are using the RB in the passing game a lot. That has been a big missing piece of the offense for quite a while now.

Quote Originally Posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    That all sounds good. I like the fact that it says they are using the RB in the passing game a lot. That has been a big missing piece of the offense for quite a while now.
    That and using the TE, in the passing game
    Rod Smith for the HOF. TEBOW RULES!