Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by broncoslover115 View Post
    Iíve had migraines since I was 10 years old. Have had to go to the ER at times and was actually hospitalized once for a week because it wouldnít lift.

Have tried everything. I finally was given Topamax and boom, havenít had one in two years.
    That's awesome that you found something that worked!

Adopted Bronco - 2016/17 - Trevor Siemian
    Adopted Bronco - 2017/18 - Chris Harris Jr. # 25 to every player he covers
    Adopted Bronco - 2018/19 - Derek Wolfe
    Adopted Bronco - 2019/20 - Shelby Harris

Quote Originally Posted by Saddletramp View Post
    I was getting a few last week, I had started drinking a homemade energy drink my boss's wife makes. That was a bad idea! I was not aware that I would have a reaction to lemons, garlic and Perrier all boiled together..... Quit drinking them and have been fine.
    Good you figured out it was the drink ...

I was getting a few last week, I had started drinking a homemade energy drink my boss's wife makes. That was a bad idea! I was not aware that I would have a reaction to lemons, garlic and Perrier all boiled together..... Quit drinking them and have been fine.
    Lucky and good for you, for figuring it out
    Rod Smith for the HOF. TEBOW RULES!

Just some info that showed up in my FB newsfeed.

https://www.webmd.com/migraines-head...VeuVs20piTV5Lo
    http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l7...amp69/asdf.jpg
    And yes it is a scheme problem.
    Adopted player Lindsey

I have suffered from migraines for close to ten years. Proper hydration and periodic visits to the chiropractor have helped immensely

Just some info that showed up in my FB newsfeed.

https://www.webmd.com/migraines-head...VeuVs20piTV5Lo
    Thanks, Saddletramp! All good info....

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    I have suffered from migraines for close to ten years. Proper hydration and periodic visits to the chiropractor have helped immensely
    Have to agree with the hydration in my case, have heard chiropractor works for some, I'm glad this is the case with you and has helped with yours.

Quote Originally Posted by broncoslover115 View Post
    Iíve had migraines since I was 10 years old. Have had to go to the ER at times and was actually hospitalized once for a week because it wouldnít lift.

Have tried everything. I finally was given Topamax and boom, havenít had one in two years.
    I started taking this early January and was surprised by the results .... it's amazing. I've had 3, but the only reason I even know I'm still getting them is because of the eye pain - that's the only thing that's not gone. Hoping with time maybe that will cease as well, since it's only been about a month. However, the eye pain does not compare to what I had for years it's more off and on through the day rather than constant ... so better even with that. Light sensitivity, vomiting ... all gone, so the Topamax seems to work, but it's given me insomnia multiple times for weeks at a time... which sucks ... but I'll take that over the migraines, hopefully that goes away with time.

Quote Originally Posted by Sophia23 View Post
    I started taking this early January and was surprised by the results .... it's amazing. I've had 3, but the only reason I even know I'm still getting them is because of the eye pain - that's the only thing that's not gone. Hoping with time maybe that will cease as well, since it's only been about a month. However, the eye pain does not compare to what I had for years it's more off and on through the day rather than constant ... so better even with that. Light sensitivity, vomiting ... all gone, so the Topamax seems to work, but it's given me insomnia multiple times for weeks at a time... which sucks ... but I'll take that over the migraines, hopefully that goes away with time.
    My ex wife took topomax for awhile and she may still be for all I know.. it worked for awhile to a degree. Personally I feel the majority of her migraines was her addiction to the narcotics they would give her. She knew how I felt about drug use so migraine shots were a way for her to get high.
    http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l7...amp69/asdf.jpg
    And yes it is a scheme problem.
    Adopted player Lindsey

Iíve suffered from migraines 1-2 times a week for close to ten years now. What helps me the most is proper hydration (I drink about a gallon of water a day), and the occasional chiropractic adjustment.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    I’ve suffered from migraines 1-2 times a week for close to ten years now. What helps me the most is proper hydration (I drink about a gallon of water a day), and the occasional chiropractic adjustment.
    I think hydration can make a big deal. Someone once explained to me why it was important to drink water prior to coffee in the morning to avoid migraines. They had an actual point to this, and wish I could remember to explain. It did stick with me enough that I always think to grab a water while I'm waiting on my coffee to brew in the morning....

I had stopped the Topamax a few months back.... it gave me insomnia, which isn't a normal side effect according a couple different doctors. I went days at a time on 0 to 1-2 hours sleep, was a walking zombie for a while. No sleep is leading cause for migraines for many, so they took me off it. Bummer. I understand it works for a lot of people, and I couldn't believe the difference, hardly had any issue at all with light sensitivity when I was on it... oh' well.

In April, moved to a different preventive treatment, Amitriptyline. I haven't had any side effects from that and it's been about three months. I know last year, I had migraines 2 or 3 times a month and they would last often 2-5 days. Since I started the preventive treatment the longest one I've had is 2 days. Had one that knocked me off my feet Wednesday and Thursday this week, and a couple other times have had for two days, but most for the last three months I've been able to kill in one day so I guess it's working for me.... just throwing the information out there if it's helpful to anyone else.

I've experienced them for many years and had never had one only last a day, til the last few months... so happy with the improvement, even if I still get them.

I had stopped the Topamax a few months back.... it gave me insomnia, which isn't a normal side effect according a couple different doctors. I went days at a time on 0 to 1-2 hours sleep, was a walking zombie for a while. No sleep is leading cause for migraines for many, so they took me off it. Bummer. I understand it works for a lot of people, and I couldn't believe the difference, hardly had any issue at all with light sensitivity when I was on it... oh' well.

In April, moved to a different preventive treatment, Amitriptyline. I haven't had any side effects from that and it's been about three months. I know last year, I had migraines 2 or 3 times a month and they would last often 2-5 days. Since I started the preventive treatment the longest one I've had is 2 days. Had one that knocked me off my feet Wednesday and Thursday this week, and a couple other times have had for two days, but most for the last three months I've been able to kill in one day so I guess it's working for me.... just throwing the information out there if it's helpful to anyone else.

I've experienced them for many years and had never had one only last a day, til the last few months... so happy with the improvement, even if I still get them.
    Happy for ya! Going in the right direction. Maybe not perfect. but the improvement should give you a nice lift, and hopefully lead to continued success!

I can not compare, though I do have a history of some form of migraines. Fortunately, not often lengthy. But still, I know the feeling of what a really bad headache can do. So I empathize with anyone who suffers more so than I do.

Last edited by CanDB; 07-12-2019 at 05:21 PM.

I think I mentioned this earlier in this thread, but for those who suffer, check your blood pressure. If you can, buy a blood pressure monitor ($50 - $100) to monitor it 2-3 times a day. If your wallet isn't being kind, check your workplace and ask if they have a nurse that can check it for you. If you start to get a migraine, check your blood pressure as soon as it comes on to see if there's any drastic change. It could be the cause.

I used to have chronic high blood pressure without knowing it. Once I found out a few years ago, I started taking medicine daily for it. It took a couple of years, but I've noticed a few weeks ago that my severe "stay in bed for a day or two" migraines are virtually gone. I haven't had a migraine sick day for a while and I used to get 10--20 a year. I still get chronic headaches and some of them are severe, but they're not migraines and I KNOW it's from stress. And if I do get something close to a migraine, coffee and/or Tylenol + sleep usually knocks it out. Also with those headaches, my blood pressure is elevated.

Now my blood pressure has been great to the point where the doctor cut my dose in half and said that if I continue on the path, he'll take me off of it for good. A good diet plus exercising 3-6 days a week has helped tremendously. And I lost 20 pounds over that 3+ year period. I'm not a heavy person but I was carrying 25 more pounds than when I was an athlete and much more active. Hope all of this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilSpawn View Post
    I think I mentioned this earlier in this thread, but for those who suffer, check your blood pressure. If you can, buy a blood pressure monitor ($50 - $100) to monitor it 2-3 times a day. If your wallet isn't being kind, check your workplace and ask if they have a nurse that can check it for you. If you start to get a migraine, check your blood pressure as soon as it comes on to see if there's any drastic change. It could be the cause.

I used to have chronic high blood pressure without knowing it. Once I found out a few years ago, I started taking medicine daily for it. It took a couple of years, but I've noticed a few weeks ago that my severe "stay in bed for a day or two" migraines are virtually gone. I haven't had a migraine sick day for a while and I used to get 10--20 a year. I still get chronic headaches and some of them are severe, but they're not migraines and I KNOW it's from stress. And if I do get something close to a migraine, coffee and/or Tylenol + sleep usually knocks it out. Also with those headaches, my blood pressure is elevated.

Now my blood pressure has been great to the point where the doctor cut my dose in half and said that if I continue on the path, he'll take me off of it for good. A good diet plus exercising 3-6 days a week has helped tremendously. And I lost 20 pounds over that 3+ year period. I'm not a heavy person but I was carrying 25 more pounds than when I was an athlete and much more active. Hope all of this helps.
    I had my blood pressure checked at the dentist last month and it was very good, somewhat to my surprise because: 1. Iím 47 2. I havenít been very active the last year due to tearing my acl twice. 3. The pressure I have at work.
    I was very thankful to find out my blood pressure is good.