Page 5 of 58 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast

Thread: The Chubb Hype

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkamaniac View Post
    Kolton Miller, another Rookie seemed to be handling him. Not calling for the axe, just saying the hype seems unwarranted so far.
    We managed just 1 sack. Pass rushers were rotated frequently due to weather. Carr had a very quick release time on a lot of throws.

I think this coaching staff just does not know how to play rookies. Take D.Walker last year playing him as Coverage Player when he was made to rush the passer. I think they are once again trying to make a Pass Rusher in a Coverage Guy kinda like placing a square peg in a round hole. I also think that he has hit that Rookie Wall and I am sure with good teaching from D.Ware and Von Miller good things will come of that I hope.

He's on par with Robert Ayers as of now. Care to debate it? Look at the stats

Maybe Denver should of drafted Q. Nelson?

Didn't Khalil Mack only have 4 sacks his rookie year?

Also...the Raiders have the best O-Line in the league. Even Von looked pretty tame today.

That's how good their blocking is.

Considering the hype we heard during OTAs, yea, nowhere near the impact player I hoped he would be. Compared to Von Miller, who played like a legit first round player right out of the gate.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    After 2 games this thread seems reasonable....

Maybe we can label him a bust and encourage the front office to get rid of him for anything....

Or we can be patient and wait to see how the season plays out.
    I think its reasonable discussion considering he was a very high first round pick and von miller performed right away. With a player with this much hype you expect to see some impressive stuff or flashes but so far we have seen neither. Now yes, obviously we're gonna wait and see and hope he proves everyone wrong, but its a bit troubling so far and is ok to express and discuss that.

I know our fans like to put the "bust" tag on any new players that don't impress them right away but it is was too early for that. IMO he needs to be coached up and the Horseman is correct, Carr does have a exceptionally fast release.
    We almost lost to a far inferior team today because our HC was out coachee again.

Wow you people turn on players quick, lol

There are three factors at work at the same time.

1) The Raiders have a very good o-line, you saw their success in the run game
    2) Chubb is a rookie and will need time, it may take him longer that some, but other DEs have had slow first years
    3) Carr & the Raiders had a plan to get rid of the ball fast. Von or anyone else were not getting to Carr like they did last week.

Give him a whole year.
    BCMB Div 1 - Rollin' with Mahomies

patience is a virtue. Mack did nothing his rookie year. he hasn't looked bad, but he isn't adjusted to the nfl yet. he is still very capible of a end of season or mid season where he looks really good.

oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

Quote Originally Posted by DENVERSB50CHAMP View Post
    Maybe Denver should of drafted Q. Nelson?
    You know my opinion on this matter...

Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    After 2 games this thread seems reasonable....

Maybe we can label him a bust and encourage the front office to get rid of him for anything....

Or we can be patient and wait to see how the season plays out.
    i agree season is over
    mock draft prediction
    "Criticism is a privilege that you earn--it shouldn't be your opening move in an interaction."

He is a rookie, and that is about as good of an O-line we will face all year.

Von Miller didn't get a sack until his second game. Thank goodness we didn't cut him after a first game dud, not living up to hype and whatnot.
    2014/2015 Adopt-A-Bronco : TJ Ward - GO DUCKS!