Page 7 of 58 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 57 ... LastLast

Thread: The Chubb Hype

I watched him thru the game several times and found him giving a 100%. No stopping or slowing but getting after it hard till the end of the play. He was in on a lot of tackles and stops from my view point. Raiders have a good o-line and it showed up today. Looks like they started to tire towards the 4qtr though.

Quote Originally Posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    He is an OLB
    His role in our 3-4 defense is basically a DE; he was a DE in college.... has only been an “OLB” for 8 quarters.

But, I get what you’re driving at technically.

Quote Originally Posted by ChitownBronco View Post
    This may be the very first time that has ever been written..
    Who knoqs.

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkamaniac View Post
    Really underwhelmed by him. Slow off the snap, hesitant. Not sure why we drop him in coverage, but he was lost. Really haven't noticed a pass rush from him.
    I disagree. He hasn't landed a lot of sacks (how many players, not named Von have more than 1 so far?) but he's playing the run very well. While not making a lot of solo, highlight reel plays, he's constantly involved in tackles and often applying pressure on QBs. Maybe watch the games over again and focus on Chubb, I think he has played well. But hype is hype, how many rookies are living up to their hype? Give him a season and then see where he's finished.

That said, I really wish Barrett would takes all of S.Ray's snaps and even a few from Chubb.

Quote Originally Posted by DENVERSB50CHAMP View Post
    Maybe Denver should of drafted Q. Nelson?
    Loved Q Nelson

Tbh I'm not impressed with Chubb yet but as everyone will point out. It's only a couple games. But there were key measurables that hinted that he may not live up to being a top end pass rusher

Quote Originally Posted by 98-O-Line View Post
    Getting rid of Wade was “monumentally” stupid. A bigger gaffe than drafting Paxton Pinch
    Couldn't have been more obvious to keep Wade and hire Kyle Shannahan as HC or Sean McVay

Instead we got boyscout Vance who is a d coach when our d was never the problem. Made literally zero sense to me when it happened and still makes no sense.

I literally can't comprehend how that was a smart move to Elway

Quote Originally Posted by #24 Next Champ View Post
    Couldn't have been more obvious to keep Wade and hire Kyle Shannahan as HC or Sean McVay

Instead we got boyscout Vance who is a d coach when our d was never the problem. Made literally zero sense to me when it happened and still makes no sense.

I literally can't comprehend how that was a smart move to Elway
    I didn't know anything about McVay so I wasn't on board there. But, I wanted Shannahan as the hire for HC and hopefully keep Wade as DC. I have never understood Elway's fascination for VJ. Joseph has shown nothing to warrant a HC position. My fear is Elway will just keep holding on to VJ, just like Paxton, because he wants his decision to work out. If so, I think Denver might wallow around mediocrity the entire time. I hope not.

Quote Originally Posted by Broncos1963 View Post
    I didn't know anything about McVay so I wasn't on board there. But, I wanted Shannahan as the hire for HC and hopefully keep Wade as DC. I have never understood Elway's fascination for VJ. Joseph has shown nothing to warrant a HC position. My fear is Elway will just keep holding on to VJ, just like Paxton, because he wants his decision to work out. If so, I think Denver might wallow around mediocrity the entire time. I hope not.
    One of Elway's advisors is Matt Russell and Matt and VJ have a connection from their CU days so he strongly influenced that hire. And Kubes knows VJ from his old staff in Houston and talked Elway out of firing him.
    Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by ChitownBronco View Post
    This may be the very first time that has ever been written..
    Well technically he wrote "Could it be that the Browns Kneq something?". So yeah probably very good chance it's the very first time that was written.

Where as we know with certainty know one has ever said "Could it be the Browns Knew something?"

Quote Originally Posted by L.M. View Post
    One of Elway's advisors is Matt Russell and Matt and VJ have a connection from their CU days so he strongly influenced that hire. And Kubes knows VJ from his old staff in Houston and talked Elway out of firing him.

That was the right move by Kubes. It would have looked bad if Denver got rid of VJ after one season. VJ came into a bad situation and was very inexperienced which was Elway's fault for hiring him in the first place. At-least now, Elway worked with VJ and placed him in a position for success.

I feel good now if VJ doesn't work out because we at-least gave him a real chance.

I wasn't thrilled the way he looked in covering the fullback that dropped the 4th down pass, he wasn't looking for the ball even. Really though how much pass coverage did he do in college?

Von Miller should be a hall of famer, and he did not set a great edge as a rookie. Von is not perfect by any stretch. What he has done is continually make small improvements each year. I hope we as fans let Bradley Chubb make it through more than 1 season before we get too judgemental. I am not trying to forecast Chubb's future but Hall of Famers don't always look ones as rookies.

Quote Originally Posted by worldsoutro View Post
    That was the right move by Kubes. It would have looked bad if Denver got rid of VJ after one season. VJ came into a bad situation and was very inexperienced which was Elway's fault for hiring him in the first place. At-least now, Elway worked with VJ and placed him in a position for success.

I feel good now if VJ doesn't work out because we at-least gave him a real chance.
    I agree with that choice, in principle. Not convinced it's the best one that will lead to postseason success but there's still a lot of football left to play.
    Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Chubb was a defensive end who is being asked to play linebacker and does not have a full-time coach to work on his pass rush. I don't think I've ever seen something like this. He is coached by Reggie Herring, who teaches off-ball linebackers, and then receives part-time coaching [a.k.a. tips] from Ware. If Chubb were coached by Bill Kollar and utilized as an edge player with his hand on the ground, I believe his impact would be far greater.

There is no need to disguise who is the 4th rusher. Line up with 4 rushers on passing downs and make the other 7 defenders play coverage. Vance Joseph puts scheme above players. That's also evident in the secondary, where our press corners that excelled with Wade Phillips are now asked to play off-man to satisfy Joseph's cute zone concepts filled with miscommunication. Vance Joseph himself said today at the press conference that what we are seeing is his style of defense.

We drafted an edge rusher 5th overall and turned him into a linebacker without a full-time position coach for what he really needs to do. This front office really needs to stop drinking so much because it all starts with them.
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607

Quote Originally Posted by -Rod- View Post
    Chubb was a defensive end who is being asked to play linebacker and does not have a full-time coach to work on his pass rush. I don't think I've ever seen something like this. He is coached by Reggie Herring, who teaches off-ball linebackers, and then receives part-time coaching [a.k.a. tips] from Ware. If Chubb were coached by Bill Kollar and utilized as an edge player with his hand on the ground, I believe his impact would be far greater.

There is no need to disguise who is the 4th rusher. Line up with 4 rushers on passing downs and make the other 7 defenders play coverage. Vance Joseph puts scheme above players. That's also evident in the secondary, where our press corners that excelled with Wade Phillips are now asked to play off-man to satisfy Joseph's cute zone concepts filled with miscommunication. Vance Joseph himself said today at the press conference that what we are seeing is his style of defense.

We drafted an edge rusher 5th overall and turned him into a linebacker without a full-time position coach for what he really needs to do. This front office really needs to stop drinking so much because it all starts with them.

Looks like Denver did the same thing with the 2nd Round Pick D.Walker last year when will they learn? BTW why is D.Walker not even seeing the Field?

Quote Originally Posted by DENVERSB50CHAMP View Post
    Looks like Denver did the same thing with the 2nd Round Pick D.Walker last year when will they learn? BTW why is D.Walker not even seeing the Field?
    Exactly, Another clear example. Our 2nd-round pick from last year, who showed plenty of inside pass rush this preseason, remains inactive because he does not fit Vance Joseph's defense. Walker is a bust because of the head coach.
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607