Page 26 of 59 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 36 ... LastLast
Results 376 to 390 of 871

Thread: The Chubb Hype

  1. #376
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Taos, New Mexico
    Posts
    3,408
    Quote Originally Posted by Gbt31 View Post
    We should be looking at LT early in this coming draft with full intention of moving Bolles to RT to see we can salvage his career.
    I don't think it matters who's in there if we can't get better play calling from the OC.

    Bolles and Chubb are going to be fine, the penalties and the mistakes are on the coaching staff.
    [

  2. #377
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Anywhere I want on 18 wheels
    Posts
    8,517
    Quote Originally Posted by Gbt31 View Post
    We should be looking at LT early in this coming draft with full intention of moving Bolles to RT to see we can salvage his career.
    Well, given that Veldheer’s natural position is apparently LT, why not make the switch now, if that’s what they’re thinking?
    Negs are Cowardly Acts of Nonsense. I won’t Back Down.
    No Matter How Stupid Your Comments Are!
    Still Not Backing Down!!!

  3. #378
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    10,804
    Quote Originally Posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    He hasn't made many plays to acknowledge. He had 1 good sack and 1 stop on the goal line. That's all I have seen so far worth noticing.

    Veldheer may have been more healthy but he was a marginal player
    When you isolate the evaluation to a couple of plays you can justify your argument. Meanwhile you ignore the QB pressures, setting the edge and other tackles. Not to mention Von getting off to a great start this season - it helps having a player like Chubb on the other side. The Broncos run defense ranks 4th and Chubb is part of that success.

    Noticed how quickly you shifted to the next thing about Veldheer when the injury comparison of Watson and Veldheer fell apart.

    Edit: It seems this thread is going too much off topic mixing in the offensive line. Let’s try keeping it focused on Chubb.
    Last edited by Fantaztic7; 09-24-2018 at 09:13 AM.

  4. #379
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    21,233
    Quote Originally Posted by Taos_Broncomaniac View Post
    I don't think it matters who's in there if we can't get better play calling from the OC.

    Bolles and Chubb are going to be fine, the penalties and the mistakes are on the coaching staff.
    No. They are not. That was Bolles' history in college too. Nothing has changed.

  5. #380
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    21,233
    Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    When you isolate the evaluation to a couple of plays you can justify your argument. Meanwhile you ignore the QB pressures, setting the edge and other tackles. Not to mention Von getting off to a great start this season - it helps having a player like Chubb on the other side. The Broncos run defense ranks 4th and Chubb is part of that success.

    Notice how quickly you shift to the next thing about Veldheer when your injury comparison of Watson and Veldheer fell apart.
    I never compared the injury history... my intent was to compare two marginal players history. Maybe I could/should have phrased that better.

    QB pressures? So he almost gets there? I have seen few, if any, pressures that resulted in QB effects. Setting the edge? You mean where he gets kicked out and they run right inside that block? That's what I have seen more then him setting an edge and forcing a play inside. Von is Von, Chubb is not affecting him any more than any other rusher would. The run defense is attributed more to Wolfe, Peko, and Gotsis more than Chubb.

  6. #381
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    10,804
    Quote Originally Posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    I never compared the injury history... my intent was to compare two marginal players history. Maybe I could/should have phrased that better.

    QB pressures? So he almost gets there? I have seen few, if any, pressures that resulted in QB effects. Setting the edge? You mean where he gets kicked out and they run right inside that block? That's what I have seen more then him setting an edge and forcing a play inside. Von is Von, Chubb is not affecting him any more than any other rusher would. The run defense is attributed more to Wolfe, Peko, and Gotsis more than Chubb.
    Well you might want to look at the pressure from yesterday’s game. Chubb had a pressure that forced an early/inaccurate throw by Flacco on an out route. It was a second down play. When you say, “few, if any, pressures that resulted in QB effects”, you’re not accounting for that play (if any means none). The pressure I referenced had an effect on Flacco.

    Setting the edge forces the runner inside. I don’t know how many run plays have gone to each side however, it’s fact that the Broncos defense ranks 4th against the run. Sure the other players are part of that but so is Chubb.

    It sounds like you’ve made up your mind on Chubb. That’s okay - we all have opinions. At the same time when you said he hasn’t had a pressure that effected the QB, you’ve let your bias against him prevent you from seeing the play.

  7. #382
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Derby, Kansas, United States
    Posts
    27,087
    Quote Originally Posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    No. They are not. That was Bolles' history in college too. Nothing has changed.
    His penalties this week were 100 percent on the QB holding the ball for far too long. Bolles did the only thing he could do, hold to protect his QB...

    Keenum HAS to get rid of the ball faster...He's killing his o-line with his indecision.


  8. #383
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    21,233
    Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    His penalties this week were 100 percent on the QB holding the ball for far too long. Bolles did the only thing he could do, hold to protect his QB...

    Keenum HAS to get rid of the ball faster...He's killing his o-line with his indecision.
    I agree that Keenum held the ball too long, especially that first sack by Suggs but you can't say 100% on him.

  9. #384
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    21,233
    Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    Well you might want to look at the pressure from yesterday’s game. Chubb had a pressure that forced an early/inaccurate throw by Flacco on an out route. It was a second down play. When you say, “few, if any, pressures that resulted in QB effects”, you’re not accounting for that play (if any means none). The pressure I referenced had an effect on Flacco.

    Setting the edge forces the runner inside. I don’t know how many run plays have gone to each side however, it’s fact that the Broncos defense ranks 4th against the run. Sure the other players are part of that but so is Chubb.

    It sounds like you’ve made up your mind on Chubb. That’s okay - we all have opinions. At the same time when you said he hasn’t had a pressure that effected the QB, you’ve let your bias against him prevent you from seeing the play.
    My mind isn't made up but I have seen no evidence to make me change my opinion yet. When I see it, I will.

  10. #385
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    2,292
    1 play at the first of the game did I see Chubb make a play that warrants the # 5 pick. Only 1 play where was he the rest of game. As a matter of fact where was the entire Defense the rest of game and Where has been the offense been at since the Season started?

  11. #386
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Denver, Colorado
    Posts
    2,192
    Quote Originally Posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    My mind isn't made up but I have seen no evidence to make me change my opinion yet. When I see it, I will.
    It's good that you can maintain objectivity here. If I spent the better part of several months ragging on a particular stock as a bad investment, I'd probably be inclined to keep ragging on it, even if the stock price were moving up.

    I suppose that's just human nature.

  12. #387
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    West Des Moines, Iowa
    Posts
    8,054
    Quote Originally Posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    I never compared the injury history... my intent was to compare two marginal players history. Maybe I could/should have phrased that better.

    QB pressures? So he almost gets there? I have seen few, if any, pressures that resulted in QB effects. Setting the edge? You mean where he gets kicked out and they run right inside that block? That's what I have seen more then him setting an edge and forcing a play inside. Von is Von, Chubb is not affecting him any more than any other rusher would. The run defense is attributed more to Wolfe, Peko, and Gotsis more than Chubb.
    It's attributed to the fact that teams do not have to run it on us when they can pass it where ever they want.

  13. #388
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    10,804
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dark Knight View Post
    It's attributed to the fact that teams do not have to run it on us when they can pass it where ever they want.
    Seattle, Oakland and Baltimore ran the ball 32%, 46% and 41% of the plays, respectively or 40% overall. Those teams did attempt to run the ball and had limited success.
    Last edited by Fantaztic7; 09-24-2018 at 03:16 PM.

  14. #389
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Mile High Stadium
    Posts
    9,575
    Quote Originally Posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    I can't believe you guys are trying to defend Bolles and the Oline moves the FO has made. Bolles does not have the tools/skills to be successful. He is a marginal starter and always will be. It's not like he is a 22 year old player. He is already 26 and has no idea what he is doing out there. He gets beat both mentally and physically.

    Fan...you say the Watson pick was questionable based on his history but you defend the Veldheer signing?

    The FO has whiffed time after time on the Oline...Franklin, Bolles, Watson, Donaldson, Sambrailo, Garcia, Schofield, Mathis etc.... In the past 10 years they have taken 6 Olinemen in the first 3 rounds, and only 1 in the 1st round. Those guys are Bolles, Schofield, Sambrailo, Franklin, Beadles, and Walton. Every single one was a miss and I don't consider that making a concerted effort to upgrade the Oline. They finally have a chance to get a potential truly dominant player on the line and they take another pass rusher. Games are won and lost up front and for some reason the FO thinks that is the lowest priority on the team.
    Sorry buddy but Bolles has already been drafted and can only get better. I’m not really in the business of what if’s or we should have done this instead. That whole hindsight 20/20 thing is just painful.
    I’m going to watch this season and prepare for the worst ( last year 2.0) knowing that changes will come, and hope for the best.

  15. #390
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    DENVER
    Posts
    7,502
    Chubb was one of the few bright spots on Sunday.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •