Page 58 of 59 FirstFirst ... 8 48 56 57 58 59 LastLast

Thread: The Chubb Hype

Quote Originally Posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    Yes, the NFL season in over after week 3. Crazy that Barrett won defensive player of the year. What a mistake to let him walk

Quote Originally Posted by JW7 View Post
    Yes, the NFL season in over after week 3. Crazy that Barrett won defensive player of the year. What a mistake to let him walk
    he has 8 sacks after 3 weeks....more than the entire broncos team...

he has 8 sacks after 3 weeks....more than the entire broncos team...
    Hed have 0 here

But yes, it was a mistake to let him walk. We should be used to this team making dumb choices by now....

Quote Originally Posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
    He’d have 0 here

But yes, it was a mistake to let him walk. We should be used to this team making dumb choices by now....
    He said it himself that he wanted to start and that opportunity wasn't coming here. Rightfully so as he is not close to the talent level of Chubb and Miller. He's had an amazing start to the year and I'm happy for him but no GM or coach would take him over Chubb.

He said it himself that he wanted to start and that opportunity wasn't coming here. Rightfully so as he is not close to the talent level of Chubb and Miller. He's had an amazing start to the year and I'm happy for him but no GM or coach would take him over Chubb.
    so far, it looks he is and they might....

it's week 14 now. 15 sacks and 6 FF...both #1 in the league. It looks like it was a very big mistake letting him walk over a $4M salary. He is also in the conversation for DPOY. Changed your opinion?
    Last edited by broncos SB2010; 12-10-2019 at 08:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gerontion View Post
    Well, if he's better than Chubb he should receive a huge contract as a free agent. We'll see how many GMs agree with your assessment.
    How much do you think he will get this offseason? $15M per?

it's week 14 now. 15 sacks and 6 FF...both #1 in the league. It looks like it was a very big mistake letting him walk over a $4M salary. He is also in the conversation for DPOY. Changed your opinion?
    we still have really good depth and there is no saying he would be doing that here. he has had multiple chances to crack the starting line up and didn't show enough. plus it is not all about weather they can sign him. he wanted a chance to start. that wasn't here in denver. he may still be a star, but i do like what i have seen out of what we have to understand the move. plus he has never showed this pass rushing stats. he has had more sacks this one then ever plus there are alot of one and done pass rushers out there i wouldn't just judge of this season.

oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

Quote Originally Posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
    we still have really good depth and there is no saying he would be doing that here. he has had multiple chances to crack the starting line up and didn't show enough. plus it is not all about weather they can sign him. he wanted a chance to start. that wasn't here in denver. he may still be a star, but i do like what i have seen out of what we have to understand the move. plus he has never showed this pass rushing stats. he has had more sacks this one then ever plus there are alot of one and done pass rushers out there i wouldn't just judge of this season.
    That is true.

Nope. He got more than half of those sacks in the first 3 games. He's a nice player but he does not belong in the same sentence as Chubb. If this team didn't have Von and Chubb, then I would agree that it was a mistake to let Barrett go but that's not the case. Easy to look at it now in hindsight with losing Chubb for the season early in the year.

Nope. He got more than half of those sacks in the first 3 games. He's a nice player but he does not belong in the same sentence as Chubb. If this team didn't have Von and Chubb, then I would agree that it was a mistake to let Barrett go but that's not the case. Easy to look at it now in hindsight with losing Chubb for the season early in the year.
    it wasn't hindsight. I told you this last year.
    Why doesn't he belong in the same sentence as Chubb? Draft position/hype? Barrett has outperformed Chubb this year compared to Chubb's year last year and Chubb has now torn his ACL.

Why doesn't he belong in the same sentence as Chubb? Draft position/hype? Barrett has outperformed Chubb this year compared to Chubb's year last year and Chubb has now torn his ACL.
    Youre comparing Barrett in year 6 to Chubb in his rookie season. Chubb will be a completely different player by his 6th year

Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    You’re comparing Barrett in year 6 to Chubb in his rookie season. Chubb will be a completely different player by his 6th year
    that could also go either way. Just like we all know, nothing is guaranteed.
    Last edited by broncos SB2010; 12-11-2019 at 09:29 AM.

Shaquil Barrett admitted himself he needed the extra couple years to learn. He said he needed that extra time behind Von Miller and DeMarcus Ware. He gave those guys credit for where he is today, and I would be willing to bet in year 4 Bradley Chubb is going to be in that same conversation as one of the league's best

Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    Shaquil Barrett admitted himself he needed the extra couple years to learn. He said he needed that extra time behind Von Miller and DeMarcus Ware. He gave those guys credit for where he is today, and I would be willing to bet in year 4 Bradley Chubb is going to be in that same conversation as one of the league's best
    It's very possible