Page 1 of 58 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Thread: The Chubb Hype

The Chubb Hype

I feel like everyone is hyping him up waaaay to much right now. I saw an article today speculating he's going to be a pro bowler. What's everyone expectations of him? I'm kind of worried if he doesn't perform to everyone's standards this year, it might ruin him.

Pro Bowl seems unrealistic for a rookie but, in terms of talent, Chubb should be able to produce between 7-10 sacks like Joey Bosa and Myles Garrett in their rookie seasons, perhaps win Defensive Rookie of the Year like Bosa did.

However, there is a coaching factor involved. Vance Joseph and Joe Woods have to put Chubb in position to be successful. Based on their jobs last season, especially how they handled DeMarcus Walker, the coaching and scheme part could be a problem. Chubb will bounce between meeting rooms with LBs coach Reggie Herring and DL coach Bill Kollar, also receiving part-time coaching from DeMarcus Ware, so it's a confusing structure.

If this coaching staff uses him too much as a linebacker, moving sideways and backwards, his rookie season might not meet expectations. If he plays with his hand on the ground and is told to go forward, beat the OT and get to the QB or RB behind the line, I think he will be able to justify the hype.
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607

Quote Originally Posted by BroncosIsWin View Post
    I feel like everyone is hyping him up waaaay to much right now. I saw an article today speculating he's going to be a pro bowler. What's everyone expectations of him? I'm kind of worried if he doesn't perform to everyone's standards this year, it might ruin him.
    I'm just enjoying the moment of getting what seems to be an amazing football player-- why does that enjoyment have to be 'hype'? Can't we just smile for a while?
    https://media.giphy.com/media/cAgxSFqbyaQgeyY3VA/giphy.gif

There’s no need to worry about him not living up to expectations. It’s pointless.

You have your expectations, everybody else has theirs, and no expectations will change the outcome.

Chubb is a rookie taken with the 5th Pick in the Draft who everyone, except for Cleveland, had as the Top Defensive Player in the Draft. So, normally there would be plenty of "hype". If anything, other than the more recent "DeMarcus Ware" tutoring story, I haven't heard a lot other than Chubb has his head down and is grinding away. I find it comforting that there is as little "hype" as we've heard so far.

I would have expected "hype" about the First Pick taken in the Draft, Baker Mayfield. The only thing I've heard about him is that he is WAY, WAY behind Tyrod Taylor. Now THAT is an interesting story.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoooJohnson View Post
    There’s no need to worry about him not living up to expectations. It’s pointless.

You have your expectations, everybody else has theirs, and no expectations will change the outcome.
    I've always heard that "expectations" are "Resentments under construction".

it's the Browns. Mayfield could play like Peyton Manning in 2013 and the Browns would still have Taylor as #1.

Mayfield will be fine

and back to the topic:

Chubb is the highest rated player we drafted since Von Miller. There's absolutely every reason in the world to be very confident that he'll get 10+ sacks and DRoY, especially after the Ray injury which will result in Chubb starting from Day 1.

I feel like he's not hyped enough.

Last edited by Houshmazode; 06-21-2018 at 04:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Houshmazode View Post
    I feel like he's not hyped enough.

I think there is a big difference between "hype" and realistic expectations. The guy is a rare talent and nobody currently knows what his ceiling is, Therefore the general excitement of being able to have one of the best players available is absolutley justified. I for one can't wait to watch him and Miller take the field for the first time in a game, It's gonna be fun to watch!!!!!:
    GO BRONCO'S !!!!!

I think Chubb will be a disappointment. I don't know if he'll be a minor or a major disappointment, but his face tells me he won't be a superstar player. Maybe something like Robert Ayers, which would be a disaster.

Quote Originally Posted by aditheman View Post
    I think Chubb will be a disappointment. I don't know if he'll be a minor or a major disappointment, but his face tells me he won't be a superstar player. Maybe something like Robert Ayers, which would be a disaster.
    So... Do you have a reason why? or you just dont like his face?

Quote Originally Posted by aditheman View Post
    I'm curious... is it his nose? his mouth? his eyes or his ears that you are reading?
    "Mike Harden, meet Steve Largent." KA-BOOM!!

"I think Chubb will be a disappointment. I don't know if he'll be a minor or a major disappointment, but his face tells me he won't be a superstar player. Maybe something like Robert Ayers, which would be a disaster."

You obviously have not watched any of the tape on him.
    GO BRONCO'S !!!!!

Aric DiLalla: Can you give me a scouting report on Bradley’s game?

Dave Doeren: First, you’re getting a guy that just plays with relentless effort. He’s going to be a very high-energy player, a very passionate player. Very physical — takes pride in his run defense as much as he does his pass rush. He’s also a guy that prepares the way he practices. He watches film just like he goes to the practice field: with a purpose. Very attentive. And off the field, he’s just one of the nicest guys you’ll be around. A lot of personality, but very humble. He shares his time with people, likes to do community service. All those things are real important to him.
    GO BRONCO'S !!!!!