Page 55 of 57 FirstFirst ... 5 45 53 54 55 56 57 LastLast

Thread: The Chubb Hype

Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    See bold. Why use PFF to support the case when you don’t take any stock in it?
    there was more in that article besides grades. see...you just want to fight and criticize. Why not address what the article said instead?

I can see it now:

As Chubb gets inducted into the hall of fame (not predicting anything), broncos_SB2010 posts: "He wasn't that good."

This has to be one of the dumbest threads ever. Dude had 12 sacks as a rookie.

Quote Originally Posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    If he has a great year, I will admit my mistake and move on. What will you do if he has a poor year?
    I'll hope he has a better one the following year.

I just get the impression that no matter what he does, you'll find some fault with it. I'm also going to make the assumption that had you not underestimated Chubb's seasonal stats, I really don't think you'd be here today trashing the dude's numbers...just a hunch.

there was more in that article besides grades. see...you just want to fight and criticize. Why not address what the article said instead?
    Discrediting PFF and quoting it later is like saying Zagat ratings are useless and then recommending a restaurant to a friend with a Zagat review.

Started slow, finished strong. Imagine if we had good coverage going on as well...numbers may have been higher. Not disappointed in Chubb at all. Based on results, Mayfield was the best QB in the draft and he went #1. After that not sure Jackson is a true franchise QB. Darnold is probably the #2 QB in the draft and he too was gone at #3 to the Jets. The verdict is still out on Josh Rosen and Josh Allen, though Allen showed promise late. Unless you feel either one of the latter two are franchise QBs I think Chubb was the correct pick.

Yes, he's gotten more sacks than his pressures would normally yield. But he still has a really high amount of pressures. The average for his pressure rate would be 8 sacks which is still really good for a rookie.

Ideally he should be a DE rather than a OLB, and shouldn't be dropping back into coverage so much.

And I'm guessing he'll get much better in coming years at run defense and tackling.

It wasnt just qb. At 5 for me was either chubb or nelson. They both had great years for rookies. To me theres still debate about who wouldve impacted this team more. With that said im thankful chubb produced and wasnt another 1st round bust (i never thought of him as one,referring to the pirate).
    Glen Haven Fire

Quote Originally Posted by Lumiere View Post
    I'll hope he has a better one the following year.

I just get the impression that no matter what he does, you'll find some fault with it. I'm also going to make the assumption that had you not underestimated Chubb's seasonal stats, I really don't think you'd be here today trashing the dude's numbers...just a hunch.
    if that's what you believe...you don't know me that well.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonny_Quest View Post
    Yes, he's gotten more sacks than his pressures would normally yield. But he still has a really high amount of pressures. The average for his pressure rate would be 8 sacks which is still really good for a rookie.

Ideally he should be a DE rather than a OLB, and shouldn't be dropping back into coverage so much.

And I'm guessing he'll get much better in coming years at run defense and tackling.
    very likely true

Quote Originally Posted by armedequation View Post
    It wasnt just qb. At 5 for me was either chubb or nelson. They both had great years for rookies. To me theres still debate about who wouldve impacted this team more. With that said im thankful chubb produced and wasnt another 1st round bust (i never thought of him as one,referring to the pirate).
    agreed

Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    Discrediting PFF and quoting it later is like saying Zagat ratings are useless and then recommending a restaurant to a friend with a Zagat review.
    I understand. It's hard for some to admit there may be more to what I am saying than they want to believe/discuss.

I understand. It's hard for some to admit there may be more to what I am saying than they want to believe/discuss.
    I understand parts of what you’re saying and there are areas he can improve. The article provided some insightful comments - I addressed some of the comments in one of the posts above (Chubb’s final numbers). If he can build on the foundation from this season we have a lot to look forward to. IMO that doesn’t necessarily mean more than 12 sacks - it’s the complete game as you mentioned.

Peace Love Happiness ✌🏾
    Obviously Chubb had a great rookie season.

He’s definitely not overhyped or overrated.
    Negs are Cowardly Acts of Nonsense. I won’t Back Down.

Quote Originally Posted by broncolee View Post
    Obviously Chubb had a great rookie season.

He’s definitely not overhyped or overrated.
    I wonder how good of a season he would of had, had he been under a compenent coaching staff? And, the same goes for Roby and had there been a compenent coaching staff would Bolles of held as much as he did?