Home Run Derby Thread

After watching the Derby this year, I'm convinced that this too was rigged (as much as possible). Bryce Harper cheated in the finals. The rules stated that the next pitch couldn't be thrown, until the previous 1 landed. He hit 9 home runs in 3 minutes, and yet he miraculously hit 10 in the last 60 seconds. If you watch closely, you see that his dad was throwing earlier than he was supposed to, yet only the fans noticed? Come on
    Rod Smith for the HOF. TEBOW RULES!

Who cares? It's a HR Derby not the World Series.

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    Who cares? It's a HR Derby not the World Series.
    Then why did you care enough to read and respond?
    Rod Smith for the HOF. TEBOW RULES!

Quote Originally Posted by HUMCALC View Post
    After watching the Derby this year, I'm convinced that this too was rigged (as much as possible). Bryce Harper cheated in the finals. The rules stated that the next pitch couldn't be thrown, until the previous 1 landed. He hit 9 home runs in 3 minutes, and yet he miraculously hit 10 in the last 60 seconds. If you watch closely, you see that his dad was throwing earlier than he was supposed to, yet only the fans noticed? Come on
    Part of me thinks it should be taken away from him. If everyone else played by the rules, he should have to also.

Most of me thinks that rule needs to change. It's mostly for fun. Pitch/hit as fast as you can/want. Harper's dad (and the other pitchers) had some bad throws. Like 4-5 in a row. If they're going to time it, they shouldn't have to wait until the ball lands. But, like most things in sports, what I think doesn't matter.
    Administrator

#LupusAwareness

Adopted Bronco: Derek Wolfe --- I adopted: Everyone!

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Quote Originally Posted by Peanut View Post
    Part of me thinks it should be taken away from him. If everyone else played by the rules, he should have to also.

Most of me thinks that rule needs to change. It's mostly for fun. Pitch/hit as fast as you can/want. Harper's dad (and the other pitchers) had some bad throws. Like 4-5 in a row. If they're going to time it, they shouldn't have to wait until the ball lands. But, like most things in sports, what I think doesn't matter.
    I agree with you 100% on changing the rules.

Simply put, they cheated.
    *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
    *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
    *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*