Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
Results 61 to 71 of 71
  1. #61
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Oh Yea...Right there!
    Posts
    7,321
    Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    Exibit A: https://forums.denverbroncos.com/sho...ght=nfl+rigged

    Exibit: B https://forums.denverbroncos.com/sho...58#post5525258

    that is what i call a fake ass broncos fan. dude doesn't even care and thinks the NFL is rigged yet he comes here to talk smack?

    i never said i was hardcore, the chargers fans left that go to the home games surrounded by the enemy in their own stadium......THAT IS HARD CORE.
    So you can't back up your talk because you don't respond to 'fake ass Broncos fans'?

    Whatever Cliffy!



    LoL-- Loser!
    https://media.giphy.com/media/cAgxSFqbyaQgeyY3VA/giphy.gif

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    29,060
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    Taking my personal bias out of it and looking at it analytically, even if he finishes top 10 in every category, I think at a minimum he has to wait several years before going in. For a few reasons: 1. Peter King says that when he was voting for a Hall of Fame player one of his criteria is that the player needed to be amongst the top 2-3 at his position for at least part of his career. Realistically has Rivers ever been amongst the top 2-3 QBs during his career? I ask that honestly. I don't know if he was ever considered that. I believe he finished top 3 in MVP voting once...although that could be wrong.
    2. His playoff record. When he gets compared to the other QBs of his era ultimately it will come down to playoff records and Super Bowl records. So he ends up having to wait while others get in because of their play in January/February.

    Example: Is he a better QB than Eli Manning? One could make that argument, but Eli has the last name, and he also has those two Super Bowl wins against the Patriots.

    If all QBs of the same era retired tomorrow, I think the list for the HOF looks like this:
    1. Tom Brady (no doubt he's going in)
    2. Drew Brees
    3. Ben Roethlisberger (I hate him, but Pittsburgh players get in even with bad resumes and he has two rings)
    4. Aaron Rodgers (The myths around him are bigger than what he's actually delivered)
    5. Eli Manning
    6. Russell Wilson (again I'm not big on him, but the media is)
    7. Rivers

    Obviously that can change, and a deep playoff run would certainly help that. But right now I think he's on the ballot for a while because of the failure in the playoffs. Particularly when he guys voting for the HOF were the same ones saying the Chargers were the most talented roster in the NFL for several years.
    i would never say he is first ballot even if he did win a ring. sure, it will take several years depending on how he finishes but lets not forget, his career isn't over. all it would take is one strong run to put him over that hump. i'm sure there are some that will say he isn't top 3 at his position in the era he played in but that era is filled with future HOF'ers, some of the best of all time. i'm sure you're right that some will hold that against him.

    but i have to say.......there is no way if all their careers ended today that russel wilson gets in, absolutely no way. also, eli manning before rivers? has eli manning been top 3 at his position at any point in his career same as rivers? he's usually rated real low, he's been pretty mediocre over his entire career.
    Last edited by baphamet; 07-25-2018 at 07:34 PM.


    Welcome Back! #85

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    29,060
    Quote Originally Posted by Rancid View Post
    So you can't back up your talk because you don't respond to 'fake ass Broncos fans'?

    Whatever Cliffy!



    LoL-- Loser!
    i think i did just back it up, links provided and everything. sorry for the harsh beat down, no hard feelings, eh?


    Welcome Back! #85

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    The 5280
    Posts
    11,917
    Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    are you not even bright enough to understand that every single teams net worth doesn't just hinge on ticket and merchandise sales? according to your hilarious failed logic, these are the top 30 best players in the league.....in order.

    http://www.nfl.com/photoessays/0ap3000000908202

    according to your logic, these are the best teams in the NFL in order.

    1. cowboys
    2. pats
    3. giants
    4. redskins
    5. 49'ers
    6. rams
    7. bears "
    8. jets
    9. eagles
    10 and finally the broncos

    that's your top 10 LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!
    All of those teams have more historical value than the chargers. Not only that but even the jets sell more merchandise than the chargers now get mad and go search the web for merchandise sales however I don't care what your research says because I've seen more Jets merchandise and sport apparel out in public than I have seen that of the Chargers.

    Failed logic huh, Im pretty sure store owners invest their money in what is in higher demand over what Mr. Lloyd Christmas conjures up in his head!!!
    Miller Ware Chubb 1.jpg

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    29,060
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    All of those teams have more historical value than the chargers. Not only that but even the jets sell more merchandise than the chargers now get mad and go search the web for merchandise sales however I don't care what your research says because I've seen more Jets merchandise and sport apparel out in public than I have seen that of the Chargers.

    Failed logic huh, Im pretty sure store owners invest their money in what is in higher demand over what Mr. Lloyd Christmas conjures up in his head!!!

    I'M TELLING YOU THE NET WORTH OF A TEAM OR HOW GOOD THEIR MECH SELLS HAS NO BEARING ON HOW GOOD THE TEAM IS CURRENTLY, THAT TOP 10 LIST PROVES THAT CONSIDERING HALF OF THOSE TEAMS WERE AMONG THE VERY WORST IN THE LEAGUE LAST YEAR.



    Welcome Back! #85

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Oh Yea...Right there!
    Posts
    7,321
    Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    i think i did just back it up, links provided and everything. sorry for the harsh beat down, no hard feelings, eh?
    Do you take medication?
    https://media.giphy.com/media/cAgxSFqbyaQgeyY3VA/giphy.gif

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    The 5280
    Posts
    11,917
    Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post

    I'M TELLING YOU THE NET WORTH OF A TEAM OR HOW GOOD THEIR MECH SELLS HAS NO BEARING ON HOW GOOD THE TEAM IS CURRENTLY, THAT TOP 10 LIST PROVES THAT CONSIDERING HALF OF THOSE TEAMS WERE AMONG THE VERY WORST IN THE LEAGUE LAST YEAR.

    And they still have higher merchandise sales than the dead bolts.

    Look at you getting all mad but I don't care how good you think your ridiculous team looks on paper I'm saying you continuously place a higher value on that homeless team of cast offs than that of the broncos and I'm saying you couldn't be more wrong because even the jets hold a higher value than the dead bolts.

    Do you understand that we are talking about how YOU value the chargers higher than Denver? Youre the one that came in here with your garbage truck vid stating just that. Idk were you got that we were talking about whos better but that will be Denver anyway but I also dont know how you get so lost and far off on these subjects, perhaps you should learn to control your own attitude instead of letting others get the best of it.

    Also, I know my post get under your skin so before you go off all half ass again with the personal insults just swallow your pride and admit you are wrong.
    Last edited by Sam_Z; 07-25-2018 at 08:33 PM.

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Denver, Colorado
    Posts
    2,005
    Quote Originally Posted by Rancid View Post
    Do you take medication?
    For that deep down clean.


  9. #69
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    Posts
    14,048
    Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    i would never say he is first ballot even if he did win a ring. sure, it will take several years depending on how he finishes but lets not forget, his career isn't over. all it would take is one strong run to put him over that hump. i'm sure there are some that will say he isn't top 3 at his position in the era he played in but that era is filled with future HOF'ers, some of the best of all time. i'm sure you're right that some will hold that against him.

    but i have to say.......there is no way if all their careers ended today that russel wilson gets in, absolutely no way. also, eli manning before rivers? has eli manning been top 3 at his position at any point in his career same as rivers? he's usually rated real low, he's been pretty mediocre over his entire career.
    Eli gets in because of his name, and the 2 Super Bowl wins over the Patriots. Whether rightly or wrongly it will be remembered as Eli beating Brady and coming up clutch in the fourth quarter when it mattered on the biggest stage.

    Wilson has some weird love by the media. No one in the media blamed Russell Wilson for the interception in the Super Bowl. Everyone was quick to blame the play call, but no one stood up and pointed out that Wilson never bothered looking before he threw, he got to his spot and put the ball right to Butler. Is he a hall of famer today? I would hope not. But with even an average career the rest of the way I think he gets in there, because the media likes him. Which is why I think his path there is much easier than Rivers'.

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    29,060
    Quote Originally Posted by Rancid View Post
    Do you take medication?
    do you read at all? or just troll?


    Welcome Back! #85

  11. #71
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    29,060
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    And they still have higher merchandise sales than the dead bolts.

    Look at you getting all mad but I don't care how good you think your ridiculous team looks on paper I'm saying you continuously place a higher value on that homeless team of cast offs than that of the broncos and I'm saying you couldn't be more wrong because even the jets hold a higher value than the dead bolts.

    Do you understand that we are talking about how YOU value the chargers higher than Denver? You’re the one that came in here with your garbage truck vid stating just that. Idk were you got that we were talking about who’s better but that will be Denver anyway but I also don’t know how you get so lost and far off on these subjects, perhaps you should learn to control your own attitude instead of letting others get the best of it.

    Also, I know my post get under your skin so before you go off all half ass again with the personal insults just swallow your pride and admit you are wrong.
    you're not even making sense, how can your posts bother me? team of cast offs?? you think if you say ridiculous outlandish crap that not even you believe, that will get under my skin? all you're doing is proving you have nothing but trolling to bring to the table.


    Welcome Back! #85

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •