• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CanDB
    Football Immortal
    • Mar 2008

Originally posted by Houshmazode View Post
    I'm in. Won't be working these crazy hours next football season.
    You're on the list sir!

Comment

• CanDB
      Football Immortal
      • Mar 2008

You know what we need? A Trophy! One that we can show off here.

CPs for the best trophy design. In my opinion it should have the league name on it - BCMB FF SMACKDOWN, and space for the winner's name and year, as well as for future winners.

What you say gang?!!!

ENTRIES PLEASE.....

(AND KEEP THOSE RESPONSES COMING FOR NEXT YEAR'S LEAGUE ENTRY)

Comment

• beastlyskronk
        Football Immortal
        • Jun 2007

I’m still down for next season

Comment

• CanDB
          Football Immortal
          • Mar 2008

2019 Roster Of GMs!!! (so far)

Spice
          JvDub95
          dipablo
          broncos SB2010
          DevilSpawn
          Houshmazode
          beastlyskronk
          Can

(Revised Jan 22nd)

Comment

• CanDB
            Football Immortal
            • Mar 2008

Please keep the responses coming. I will continue to coordinate this league, (unless folks prefer another commish) even though I am not going to continue posting in other forums. We got 8 for sure, but I believe we will have 11 from this past season. Getting a 12th member will be easy.

I luv FF, and I luv the league we have developed. :thumb:

Comment

• Danzler88
              Playmaker
              • Mar 2004

If there is ever any interest in starting a dynasty league count me in.

Comment

• CanDB
                Football Immortal
                • Mar 2008

Originally posted by Danzler88 View Post
                If there is ever any interest in starting a dynasty league count me in.
                I am not familiar. Apparently you keep some or all of your players? If so, may not work here, but only based on what our first year discussion has been. Interesting though.

Comment

• ebsoria
                  Former Mod Of Steel
                  • Jul 2005

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                  I am not familiar. Apparently you keep some or all of your players? If so, may not work here, but only based on what our first year discussion has been. Interesting though.
                  Yep, that is pretty much how it works. Like running a Fantasy Franchise, basically.

Not sure it'd work here since most leagues on these Boards seem to have a high rate of turnover.
                  *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
                  *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
                  *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*

Comment

• CanDB
                    Football Immortal
                    • Mar 2008

Originally posted by ebsoria View Post
                    Yep, that is pretty much how it works. Like running a Fantasy Franchise, basically.

Not sure it'd work here since most leagues on these Boards seem to have a high rate of turnover.
                    eb, I tend to agree. I'll be honest, I am not even keen about having a "Keeper", so you can judge how out of touch I am!! But it does sound "competitive". Thx to Danzler for making the suggestion though. In the end, it's what our majority wants.

Comment

• -Rod-
                      #TeamBroncos
                      • Mar 2008

I spoke with CanDB and I'm going to return as commissioner. I probably won't post here as I used to, but I'm going to run this league and continue to play on Div I as well. I just need to be added to the league again because I asked NFL.com to delete my previous account and made a new one with a different user name.
                      sigpic

Comment

• Houshmazode
                        The Mountaineer
                        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by -Rod- View Post
                        I spoke with CanDB and I'm going to return as commissioner. I probably won't post here as I used to, but I'm going to run this league and continue to play on Div I as well. I just need to be added to the league again because I asked NFL.com to delete my previous account and made a new one with a different user name.

:lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
                        sigpic

Comment

• CanDB
                          Football Immortal
                          • Mar 2008

^^^^score this as a very good day for our league!!!! The Rodster's back in town!!!

This was me when I first heard the news...

Comment

• -Rod-
                            #TeamBroncos
                            • Mar 2008

I think a good time to start organizing this league is after the draft. We'll have most people around to discuss the draft results and then we can confirm who's coming back. Until then, we can talk about some possible ideas for the league, such as a better way to randomize the draft order or if the players are interested in having a draft order based on the league standings like the NFL draft. Also, I was thinking if we could give the champion some sort of "prize" like earning the right to keep 1 of his players.
                            sigpic

Comment

• CanDB
                              Football Immortal
                              • Mar 2008

Originally posted by -Rod- View Post
                              I think a good time to start organizing this league is after the draft. We'll have most people around to discuss the draft results and then we can confirm who's coming back. Until then, we can talk about some possible ideas for the league, such as a better way to randomize the draft order or if the players are interested in having a draft order based on the league standings like the NFL draft. Also, I was thinking if we could give the champion some sort of "prize" like earning the right to keep 1 of his players.
                              Good ideas!

I'd like us to also consider dropping the Injured player designation, because I prefer to play with the extra player. Watch me be the first to put a star player on Injured Reserve!! Then again, maybe I just need some verification that it is used with some frequency. Just not sure any of us qualified.

But yes....it's way early!

:thumb:

Comment

• -Rod-
                                #TeamBroncos
                                • Mar 2008

The IR designation was a complete failure. I thought it was like the ESPN rules with the owner being able to slot any injured player out for the game. Instead, NFL.com only allowed us to put players lost for the season on IR, which makes no sense for us. So, the IR designation is out. We can either continue to play with 1 bench slot reduced to make it more challenging or just play with the standard bench.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X