• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • -Rod-
    #TeamBroncos
    • Mar 2008

Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    what kind of time frame for the draft? after 6pm colorado time works best for me but I can rank and do an autodraft if needed.
    I was thinking about September 2, Sunday, but this date does not work for beastlyskronk. So maybe we can do it on Monday, 7 PM Colorado time. I don't have issues with time frame, right now my time zone is just 1 hour apart from ET.
    sigpic

Comment

• -Rod-
      #TeamBroncos
      • Mar 2008

1) Rod
      2) Can
      3) Spice
      4) JvDub95
      5) johntbronco
      6) dipablo
      7) diesel51
      8) beastlyskronk
      9) broncos SB2010
      10) MarkB
      11) Houshmazode

There is only 1 spot left for now, still waiting for some of the invited members to join the league.

Am I missing anyone?
      sigpic

Comment

• CanDB
        Football Immortal
        • Mar 2008

Originally posted by -Rod- View Post
        I was thinking about September 2, Sunday, but this date does not work for beastlyskronk. So maybe we can do it on Monday, 7 PM Colorado time. I don't have issues with time frame, right now my time zone is just 1 hour apart from ET.
        Monday, Sept. 3rd works well for me too.

Hey Rod - maybe I am not that experienced, but what's a "keeper"?

And wow.....looks like we might fill the league in one day! Great stuff everyone! Very happy with the roster!!:thumb:

Comment

• broncos SB2010
          All-Time Great
          • Apr 2008

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
          Monday, Sept. 3rd works well for me too.

Hey Rod - maybe I am not that experienced, but what's a "keeper"?

And wow.....looks like we might fill the league in one day! Great stuff everyone! Very happy with the roster!!:thumb:
          keepers are players on your team that you can choose to "keep" for the following year so you don't have to hope you draft them again
          sigpic

Comment

• -Rod-
            #TeamBroncos
            • Mar 2008

The idea of having 1 keeper per team is because we already do it in Div I.
            sigpic

Comment

• dipablo
              Protector of the Realm
              • Oct 2007

Im good with what ever date, I can make it work. I have a draft for the league I put on, on the 31st, but its on ESPN so its easy to do both, I have duel drafted before!!
              Out of Order - BCMB Div I 2023 Champ | TD for Sutton - BCMB FF Smackdown

Comment

• CanDB
                Football Immortal
                • Mar 2008

keepers are players on your team that you can choose to "keep" for the following year so you don't have to hope you draft them again
                The idea of having 1 keeper per team is because we already do it in Div I.
                That's cool. Never had that before. Not so great if you do not have any good players.

Initially I am not crazy about this. I may be wrong, but it might be an advantage to the better teams. For those of you who play regularly, please tell me that is not the case.

Also, even if we go last place team drafts first, and go with "the snake" method, sometimes that is not an advantage. I think you all know of situations where you were glad to draft later (and get 2 quick high quality players).

Looking out for the lower ranked teams....ha ha, probably me!

Thoughts?

(To be sure, I like all the other settings!!)
                Last edited by CanDB; 07-26-2018, 06:37 PM.

Comment

• beastlyskronk
                  Football Immortal
                  • Jun 2007

1) Rod
                  2) Can
                  3) Spice
                  4) JvDub95
                  5) johntbronco
                  6) dipablo
                  7) diesel51
                  8) beastlyskronk
                  9) broncos SB2010
                  10) MarkB

Only 2 spots left.

Which dates would work for you?
                  Saturdays state side are good for me as it’ll be my Sunday and I’ll be off

Comment

• Spice 1
                    Football Immortal
                    • Sep 2004

I'm good with whatever draft time and rules you guys want.

Comment

• broncos SB2010
                      All-Time Great
                      • Apr 2008

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                      That's cool. Never had that before. Not so great if you do not have any good players.

Initially I am not crazy about this. I may be wrong, but it might be an advantage to the better teams. For those of you who play regularly, please tell me that is not the case.

Also, even if we go last place team drafts first, and go with "the snake" method, sometimes that is not an advantage. I think you all know of situations where you were glad to draft later (and get 2 quick high quality players).

Looking out for the lower ranked teams....ha ha, probably me!

Thoughts?

(To be sure, I like all the other settings!!)
                      If you don't keep a keeper, you get an extra draft pick so you have to decide if want one of your players or else take the top option in the draft. Usually every team has at least 1 player worth keeping but sometimes you just want to start over. As far draft order goes...it's all a toss up anyway. Injuries happen every year and players do better/worse than the previous year. Luck plays a huge part in the success of fantasy leagues.
                      sigpic

Comment

• CanDB
                        Football Immortal
                        • Mar 2008

If you don't keep a keeper, you get an extra draft pick so you have to decide if want one of your players or else take the top option in the draft. Usually every team has at least 1 player worth keeping but sometimes you just want to start over. As far draft order goes...it's all a toss up anyway. Injuries happen every year and players do better/worse than the previous year. Luck plays a huge part in the success of fantasy leagues.
                        Thx! Any other thoughts on this? Rod, does it work effectively in your opinion? Listen, I am new to it, but initial consideration is that, MAYBE, the lower team(s) suffer(s) in back to back years. But I like the idea of continuity.

I also think the draft is so exciting, and that I assume it is more fun with no keeper. Again....uncharted waters for this old boot!

Thanks for any feedback!

Comment

• -Rod-
                          #TeamBroncos
                          • Mar 2008

We can do it without keepers until there is strong support for it in the future.

Despite the invitations sent, the league still has 4 spots open, so I'll keep recruiting.

I want to know if the draft can be set to Monday, Sep 3, 7 PM Colorado Time [9 PM ET] or if Saturday, Sep 1 would be better, as suggested by beastlyskronk.
                          sigpic

Comment

• CanDB
                            Football Immortal
                            • Mar 2008

We can do it without keepers until there is strong support for it in the future.

Despite the invitations sent, the league still has 4 spots open, so I'll keep recruiting.

I want to know if the draft can be set to Monday, Sep 3, 7 PM Colorado Time [9 PM ET] or if Saturday, Sep 1 would be better, as suggested by beastlyskronk.
                            About the "keepers", which is definitely a secondary thing, lets see what gives for the group. I kind of like waiting a year to reassess.

AS FOR THE DATES (MORE IMPORTANT)…..I am good with both dates. I prefer Monday, September 3rd, but whatever works for the majority.

Comment

• ebsoria
                              Former Mod Of Steel
                              • Jul 2005

What site is the league through?
                              *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
                              *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
                              *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*

Comment

• CanDB
                                Football Immortal
                                • Mar 2008

Originally posted by ebsoria View Post
                                What site is the league through?
                                NFL.com

Cmon eb….join up if you are thinking about it!

Comment

Working...
                                X