Page 23 of 35 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 33 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Spice 1 View Post
    I actually like your side of the trade better depending on who your receivers are. Hopefully the Packers don't figure out how to run the ball.
    I got D. Adam's, Baldwin, Sanders and will have Ridley. Aaron is the guy that I really didn't want to throw in. He could be a stud if McCarthy would just suck it up admit it

Andy Jano 2017 adopted Bronco

Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    I got D. Adam's, Baldwin, Sanders and will have Ridley. Aaron is the guy that I really didn't want to throw in. He could be a stud if McCarthy would just suck it up admit it
    Shoot, you're good.

I made a trade in another league....gave up Antonio Brown, Hyde and Aaron Jones for L. Bell, Connor and Ridley.....good trade or did make a huge mistake?
    I love it when big trades are made. It is especially invigorating when you are part of one. Some self doubt at times, but with careful assessment, these trades are often wise. I think the mistake some make is to put too much into players they like as opposed to who makes them better.

Parting with AB is obviously your biggest loss, and Hyde can be a quality back, but Jones is part of a 3 headed backfield, so you might not have lost anything with him. Getting Bell and Connor translates to one consistent stud, and Ridley is on the edge of stardom. Pretty good trade both ways, pending need. And that's another thing I believe is important....trades should benefit both players. And they can. Typically we all start off wanting to gain an edge, but I love making a trade where we both end up settling for what was right, not for winning the trade. And I also believe that those who trade with a "win win" mentality build trust in others, making them excellent trade candidates in future.

Only thing to watch for, and I am sure you know it.....is Bell's first game back (if not traded). Will he carry the load that game? Mind you, you could probably even play both, making sure you captured all the RB points that day.

Heck, I am in this too, as I traded for Bell a long time ago!!!!
    Last edited by CanDB; 10-20-2018 at 09:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    I love it when big trades are made. It is especially invigorating when you are part of one. Some self doubt at times, but with careful assessment, these trades are often wise. I think the mistake some make is to put too much into players they like as opposed to who makes them better.

Parting with AB is obviously your biggest loss, and Hyde can be a quality back, but Jones is part of a 3 headed backfield, so you might not have lost anything with him. Getting Bell and Connor translates to one consistent stud, and Ridley is on the edge of stardom. Pretty good trade both ways, pending need. And that's another thing I believe is important....trades should benefit both players. And they can. Typically we all start off wanting to gain an edge, but I love making a trade where we both end up settling for what was right, not for winning the trade. And I also believe that those who trade with a "win win" mentality build trust in others, making them excellent trade candidates in future.

Only thing to watch for, and I am sure you know it.....is Bell's first game back (if not traded). Will he carry the load that game? Mind you, you could probably even play both, making sure you captured all the RB points that day.

Heck, I am in this too, as I traded for Bell a long time ago!!!!
    Yeah, I really didn't want to let AB go since him and Adams combined were one heck of a knock out punch but my RBs were McCoy and Hyde and once Hyde got traded he pretty much became irrelevant. My receiver group is deep especially with Sanders going off most weeks so far. My hope (cross fingers) is that Bell does in fact get traded and I get 2 dominant studs out of the trade

Yeah, I really didn't want to let AB go since him and Adams combined were one heck of a knock out punch but my RBs were McCoy and Hyde and once Hyde got traded he pretty much became irrelevant. My receiver group is deep especially with Sanders going off most weeks so far. My hope (cross fingers) is that Bell does in fact get traded and I get 2 dominant studs out of the trade
    I was thinking of the "trade" possibility, and yes, you would hit the jackpot if that happens. I still hope he stays in Pittsburgh, just because he is so entrenched in that O, and Ben knows who butters his bread when games get tight. But to the right team.....hmmm, the rumours.....he would definitely produce. Where's the best bet.....Philly? I could have seen The Jaguars before the Hyde trade. How bout Denver?? Ha ha, I think we will stand pat with the rookies.

I was thinking of the "trade" possibility, and yes, you would hit the jackpot if that happens. I still hope he stays in Pittsburgh, just because he is so entrenched in that O, and Ben knows who butters his bread when games get tight. But to the right team.....hmmm, the rumours.....he would definitely produce. Where's the best bet.....Philly? I could have seen The Jaguars before the Hyde trade. How bout Denver?? Ha ha, I think we will stand pat with the rookies.
    I think he would excel in Indianapolis, Philly defenatly is a place he would produce. My fear is he stays in Pitt and doesn't give it his all or they split carries....

I think he would excel in Indianapolis, Philly defenatly is a place he would produce. My fear is he stays in Pitt and doesn't give it his all or they split carries....
    I'd sure like to give Luck some help! But unfortunately, he may not want to go to a team that is likely out of the playoffs. But I do believe that if he returns, Pittsburgh will get him back into high gear by week 2. He's just too good.

Anyone interested in Tevin Coleman, Isaiah Crowell, or DeSean jackson or some combo of the 3?

Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    Anyone interested in Tevin Coleman, Isaiah Crowell, or DeSean jackson or some combo of the 3?
    I might be interested, but not sure I have what you want.

I might be interested, but not sure I have what you want.
    Kind of interested in a bigger name thats not producing while freeing up a roster spot. Guys like Cook, Fournette, Lynch now that hes out a month. An higher tier WR would be nice as well, Id be willing to throw in Golladay depending on the player(s) involved.

Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    Kind of interested in a bigger name that’s not producing while freeing up a roster spot. Guys like Cook, Fournette, Lynch now that he’s out a month. An higher tier WR would be nice as well, I’d be willing to throw in Golladay depending on the player(s) involved.
    I might send you a proposal sometime, maybe Monday, after this week's games are played. Feel free to send me one first......We The North.

Really good start....my opponent "Mean Machine" goes nuts on Thursday with 32 points from Denver's D, which basically set the tone for the weekend. I wake up this morning, not realizing that Melvin Gordon went from ok to IA, in London. I wasn't even concerned about him, and I didn't even bother to check the early game time!!! I think I will concede now.....

Maybe I should play my subs...you know, to give them a little practice.
    (ha ha)
    Last edited by CanDB; 10-21-2018 at 08:48 AM.

Really good start....my opponent "Mean Machine" goes nuts on Thursday with 32 points from Denver's D, which basically set the tone for the weekend. I wake up this morning, not realizing that Melvin Gordon went from ok to IA, in London. I wasn't even concerned about him, and I didn't even bother to check the early game time!!! I think I will concede now.....

Maybe I should play my subs...you know, to give them a little practice.
    (ha ha)
    Mean machine here....I just now checked how we were doing, bummer deal about Gordon. I wasnt aware he had any issue either, was it something he did in wormups?

Mean machine here....I just now checked how we were doing, bummer deal about Gordon. I wasnt aware he had any issue either, was it something he did in wormups?
    Sounds like a late decision. Not to worry....you deserve the win. Gordon could have had a great game but it would not have been enough. What bugs me is I did not check in early like I normally would.

Dear Bill Belichick:

Please trade for Jordan Howard.

Sincerely,
    Glutton for Bad Receivers