Page 68 of 87 FirstFirst ... 18 58 66 67 68 69 70 78 ... LastLast
Results 1,006 to 1,020 of 1300
  1. #1006
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Loveland
    Posts
    7,969
    Quote Originally Posted by FR Tim View Post
    Bummed to see Cravens likely out for Sat.

    Hoping this knee injury is not going to be a lingering issue all season long. I want to see the old Su'a Cravens for multiple games.
    He had injury issues in Washington, looks like the same issues are continuing here. Hopefully it's just a precaution and they want to make sure he's fully healthy. But, it's definitely starting to be a concern.

  2. #1007
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Loveland
    Posts
    7,969
    Jeff H has also been disappointing, he's on the bubble, but even had a chance to take the starting position, yet can't find his way onto the field

  3. #1008
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    1,490
    John Elway'd Draft picks until this year have been absolutely horrible minus one or two like Von Miller or Roby. Jeff H and Paxton are in the time to move on from picks like Mckenize, Henderson, ect! Now with this years Draft Picks JE Killed It!

  4. #1009
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Loveland
    Posts
    7,969
    Quote Originally Posted by DENVERSB50CHAMP View Post
    John Elway'd Draft picks until this year have been absolutely horrible minus one or two like Von Miller or Roby. Jeff H and Paxton are in the time to move on from picks like Mckenize, Henderson, ect! Now with this years Draft Picks JE Killed It!
    I've said this a bunch, but projects, injured players, and reaches have plagued his drafts the last few years. It seems like there was different strategy this year, and they went with players who had the best value, most of the guys drafted could've gone earlier.

    Maybe Kubiak's influence helped, but whatever reason they decided to switch the draft strategy, so far, it's working.

  5. #1010
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Smolan, Kansas, United States
    Posts
    26,016
    Quote Originally Posted by LynchMobster View Post
    I agree. He's a costly turnstile that should have been cut months ago. I was perplexed and horrified when he wasn't.
    We couldn't cut him...His salary guarantees for injury and he was injured. It was a lose/lose situation unfortunately.


  6. #1011
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    4,400
    Quote Originally Posted by DENVERSB50CHAMP View Post
    John Elway'd Draft picks until this year have been absolutely horrible minus one or two like Von Miller or Roby. Jeff H and Paxton are in the time to move on from picks like Mckenize, Henderson, ect! Now with this years Draft Picks JE Killed It!
    Why do so many people want to right off McKenzie? Not every rookie kills it every year, some have slow starts. If this kid can get it together mentally he is a stud in the return game and big plays on offense. I am rooting for him to show he can play and play with confidence.


    Andy Jano 2017 adopted Bronco

  7. #1012
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    508
    Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    Why do so many people want to right off McKenzie? Not every rookie kills it every year, some have slow starts. If this kid can get it together mentally he is a stud in the return game and big plays on offense. I am rooting for him to show he can play and play with confidence.
    I hate to say it but most 5th round picks don't come in and just kill it anyways. If he can take care of the ball better, he certainly has the skills to contribute at a high level this year. He may have more legitimate competition this year than last, which hopefully means his play has to improve to get on the field. That is a good thing though.

  8. #1013
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Loveland
    Posts
    7,969
    Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    Why do so many people want to right off McKenzie? Not every rookie kills it every year, some have slow starts. If this kid can get it together mentally he is a stud in the return game and big plays on offense. I am rooting for him to show he can play and play with confidence.
    Yep, at least give him through the preseason games, if he keeps fumbling then it's time to say good bye.

    Problem is he doesn't add much value beyond the returns, he's kind of a niche player on offense. He really has to show a Devin Hester-like ability if he's going to stick around.

    For what it's worth he seems confident and ready to prove everybody wrong. It's preseason, it doesn't hurt to give him a chance.

  9. #1014
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    2,422
    Quote Originally Posted by DENVERSB50CHAMP View Post
    John Elway'd Draft picks until this year have been absolutely horrible minus one or two like Von Miller or Roby. Jeff H and Paxton are in the time to move on from picks like Mckenize, Henderson, ect! Now with this years Draft Picks JE Killed It!
    Totally false and unfair. Elway has drafted talented and productive players like O. Franklin, J. Thomas, V. Green, D. Wolfe, M. Jackson, D. Trevathan, K. Webster, M. Paradis, S. Ray, A. Gotsis, J. Simmons, C. McGovern, and W. Parks. Even R. Hillman and B. Osweiler contributed something. The jury is still out on guys like D. Booker, G. Bolles, D. Walker, J. Butt, C. Kelly, and D. Henderson.
    Last edited by gerontion; 08-10-2018 at 11:56 AM.

  10. #1015
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Antioch, IL
    Posts
    30,578
    Quote Originally Posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
    Yep, he might be Elway's worst signing...
    That's debateable
    Rod Smith for the HOF. TEBOW RULES!

  11. #1016
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    8,571
    Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    We couldn't cut him...His salary guarantees for injury and he was injured. It was a lose/lose situation unfortunately.
    I forgot about that, but I'm still horrified!

  12. #1017
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    20,498
    Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    Why do so many people want to right off McKenzie? Not every rookie kills it every year, some have slow starts. If this kid can get it together mentally he is a stud in the return game and big plays on offense. I am rooting for him to show he can play and play with confidence.
    My opinion about him is...he won't be in the top 5 or 6 WR and he isn't the best returner so where does he fit in?

  13. #1018
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    Posts
    12,866
    Quote Originally Posted by DENVERSB50CHAMP View Post
    John Elway'd Draft picks until this year have been absolutely horrible minus one or two like Von Miller or Roby. Jeff H and Paxton are in the time to move on from picks like Mckenize, Henderson, ect! Now with this years Draft Picks JE Killed It!

    The 2012 draft built the basis for a Super Bowl winner. All but 1 played their entire first contract out. It was a really good draft. Not 1 Pro Bowl amongst it, but so many clutch performances that without Denver never wins the Super Bowl.

    Elway's missed on plenty of picks, but people often overlook the ones who does hit on and lament the ones he missed on instead.

  14. #1019
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    1,490
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    The 2012 draft built the basis for a Super Bowl winner. All but 1 played their entire first contract out. It was a really good draft. Not 1 Pro Bowl amongst it, but so many clutch performances that without Denver never wins the Super Bowl.

    Elway's missed on plenty of picks, but people often overlook the ones who does hit on and lament the ones he missed on instead.
    Great Points by all TY for the Great Open Discussions !

  15. #1020
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    6,062
    Quote Originally Posted by gerontion View Post
    Totally false and unfair. Elway has drafted talented and productive players like O. Franklin, J. Thomas, V. Green, D. Wolfe, M. Jackson, D. Trevathan, K. Webster, M. Paradis, S. Ray, A. Gotsis, J. Simmons, C. McGovern, and W. Parks. Even R. Hillman and B. Osweiler contributed something. The jury is still out on guys like D. Booker, G. Bolles, D. Walker, J. Butt, C. Kelly, and D. Henderson.
    rubbish, if each pick isnt a superstar all pro, it was a horrible pick

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •