Page 68 of 87 FirstFirst ... 18 58 66 67 68 69 70 78 ... LastLast
Results 1,006 to 1,020 of 1300
    Quote Originally Posted by FR Tim View Post
    Bummed to see Cravens likely out for Sat.

Hoping this knee injury is not going to be a lingering issue all season long. I want to see the old Su'a Cravens for multiple games.
    He had injury issues in Washington, looks like the same issues are continuing here. Hopefully it's just a precaution and they want to make sure he's fully healthy. But, it's definitely starting to be a concern.

Jeff H has also been disappointing, he's on the bubble, but even had a chance to take the starting position, yet can't find his way onto the field

John Elway'd Draft picks until this year have been absolutely horrible minus one or two like Von Miller or Roby. Jeff H and Paxton are in the time to move on from picks like Mckenize, Henderson, ect! Now with this years Draft Picks JE Killed It!

Quote Originally Posted by DENVERSB50CHAMP View Post
    John Elway'd Draft picks until this year have been absolutely horrible minus one or two like Von Miller or Roby. Jeff H and Paxton are in the time to move on from picks like Mckenize, Henderson, ect! Now with this years Draft Picks JE Killed It!
    I've said this a bunch, but projects, injured players, and reaches have plagued his drafts the last few years. It seems like there was different strategy this year, and they went with players who had the best value, most of the guys drafted could've gone earlier.

Maybe Kubiak's influence helped, but whatever reason they decided to switch the draft strategy, so far, it's working.

Quote Originally Posted by LynchMobster View Post
    I agree. He's a costly turnstile that should have been cut months ago. I was perplexed and horrified when he wasn't.
    We couldn't cut him...His salary guarantees for injury and he was injured. It was a lose/lose situation unfortunately.

Why do so many people want to right off McKenzie? Not every rookie kills it every year, some have slow starts. If this kid can get it together mentally he is a stud in the return game and big plays on offense. I am rooting for him to show he can play and play with confidence.

Andy Jano 2017 adopted Bronco

Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    Why do so many people want to right off McKenzie? Not every rookie kills it every year, some have slow starts. If this kid can get it together mentally he is a stud in the return game and big plays on offense. I am rooting for him to show he can play and play with confidence.
    I hate to say it but most 5th round picks don't come in and just kill it anyways. If he can take care of the ball better, he certainly has the skills to contribute at a high level this year. He may have more legitimate competition this year than last, which hopefully means his play has to improve to get on the field. That is a good thing though.

Yep, at least give him through the preseason games, if he keeps fumbling then it's time to say good bye.

Problem is he doesn't add much value beyond the returns, he's kind of a niche player on offense. He really has to show a Devin Hester-like ability if he's going to stick around.

For what it's worth he seems confident and ready to prove everybody wrong. It's preseason, it doesn't hurt to give him a chance.

Totally false and unfair. Elway has drafted talented and productive players like O. Franklin, J. Thomas, V. Green, D. Wolfe, M. Jackson, D. Trevathan, K. Webster, M. Paradis, S. Ray, A. Gotsis, J. Simmons, C. McGovern, and W. Parks. Even R. Hillman and B. Osweiler contributed something. The jury is still out on guys like D. Booker, G. Bolles, D. Walker, J. Butt, C. Kelly, and D. Henderson.
    Last edited by gerontion; 08-10-2018 at 11:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
    Yep, he might be Elway's worst signing...
    That's debateable
    Rod Smith for the HOF. TEBOW RULES!

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    We couldn't cut him...His salary guarantees for injury and he was injured. It was a lose/lose situation unfortunately.
    I forgot about that, but I'm still horrified!

My opinion about him is...he won't be in the top 5 or 6 WR and he isn't the best returner so where does he fit in?

The 2012 draft built the basis for a Super Bowl winner. All but 1 played their entire first contract out. It was a really good draft. Not 1 Pro Bowl amongst it, but so many clutch performances that without Denver never wins the Super Bowl.

Elway's missed on plenty of picks, but people often overlook the ones who does hit on and lament the ones he missed on instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    The 2012 draft built the basis for a Super Bowl winner. All but 1 played their entire first contract out. It was a really good draft. Not 1 Pro Bowl amongst it, but so many clutch performances that without Denver never wins the Super Bowl.

Elway's missed on plenty of picks, but people often overlook the ones who does hit on and lament the ones he missed on instead.
    Great Points by all TY for the Great Open Discussions !

Quote Originally Posted by gerontion View Post
    Totally false and unfair. Elway has drafted talented and productive players like O. Franklin, J. Thomas, V. Green, D. Wolfe, M. Jackson, D. Trevathan, K. Webster, M. Paradis, S. Ray, A. Gotsis, J. Simmons, C. McGovern, and W. Parks. Even R. Hillman and B. Osweiler contributed something. The jury is still out on guys like D. Booker, G. Bolles, D. Walker, J. Butt, C. Kelly, and D. Henderson.
    rubbish, if each pick isnt a superstar all pro, it was a horrible pick