Page 65 of 87 FirstFirst ... 15 55 63 64 65 66 67 75 ... LastLast
    Random Thoughts...

Can't wait to see the receivers, especially the young guys, as well as if they line up Sanders in the slot to start, with Sutton outside.
    Obviously, want to see what Chubb can do. Am excited for this.
    Am not excited about our secondary. Am scared. Big worry at 3rd CB, and am still not convinced Roby can be great as the starter.
    Hope to see Jewell get some playing time and hoping to see good things.
    Don't think we'll see Kelly move ahead of Lynch on the depth chart until everyone is 100% positive that's how it should be. They are going to be slow to make that move, but once it's done, I think they know there is no turning back. Lynch is done at that point (if it happens) and I can't imagine not cut for the final roster.
    Royce and the Offensive Line. Ready to see a durable ground game.

Quote Originally Posted by maaskesr View Post
    Random Thoughts...

Can't wait to see the receivers, especially the young guys, as well as if they line up Sanders in the slot to start, with Sutton outside.
    Obviously, want to see what Chubb can do. Am excited for this.
    Am not excited about our secondary. Am scared. Big worry at 3rd CB, and am still not convinced Roby can be great as the starter.
    Hope to see Jewell get some playing time and hoping to see good things.
    Don't think we'll see Kelly move ahead of Lynch on the depth chart until everyone is 100% positive that's how it should be. They are going to be slow to make that move, but once it's done, I think they know there is no turning back. Lynch is done at that point (if it happens) and I can't imagine not cut for the final roster.
    Royce and the Offensive Line. Ready to see a durable ground game.
    Me too. What's really crazy is that the last few years Denver has gone from having very little depth a receiver and seemingly having no playmakers or even really third options. To having a set (and very promising looking) top 4 and 2-3 guys really having a good battle for the last 1-2 spots.

Quote Originally Posted by ksubroncosfan View Post
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...festyle-change

For anyone interested.

Hopefully this puts to rest the argument that some have that DT isn't tough. But, there will always be some that won't give him the respect he deserves.
    Agreed. It was extremely noticeable last season. To the point you question the staff for not shutting him down to protect him from himself. After the Giants game, they should've shut him down and IR'd him. Thankfully it sounds like he's back in great shape and looking for a nice bounce back season now that he finally has a competent QB again. I also love his relationship with PM, that's pretty cool. I'd love to see him back to 80% of the great player he was a few seasons ago.

DT both as a man and as a player!
    #swapping

Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    Me too. What's really crazy is that the last few years Denver has gone from having very little depth a receiver and seemingly having no playmakers or even really third options. To having a set (and very promising looking) top 4 and 2-3 guys really having a good battle for the last 1-2 spots.
    That's what happens when you have a good draft, Elway probably is going to have a home run with these new guys
    Superbowl 50 Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    That's what happens when you have a good draft, Elway probably is going to have a home run with these new guys
    But there's other guys too, like River Cracraft (in Elway's defense he signed him last year and Cracraft was hurt almost immediately), and Tim Patrick. They made receiver a priority this year and it's definitely showing so far based on reports.

I'm very excited to seeing this team this year. The offense, should (crossing fingers) finally be better. And yes, it looks like Elway hit some home runs this year.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    Probably is a nice disclaimer Seeing is believing when the games count.

As far as DT in camp hes been a bit quieter however hes also made some plays. The few highlights Ive watched he looks healthy and can hit the next gear when needed. I think some of the vets dont have to crush it everyday to prepare. Also, DT has coached up some of the young guys on their footwork, etc. Even with Keenum Im not sure well see DT return to the receptions/yards he had with Manning. We have so much talent I think well see Keenum distribute the ball to a lot of guys.

As far as DTs performance, he was the only receiver with 1000+ yards over 5 consecutive seasons from 2012-2016 - with a diminished PM in 2015 and Siemian/Lynch in 2016.

Quote Originally Posted by ksubroncosfan View Post
    Convenient that you left out 2016, Hopkins year with Brock. The level of play at qb that DT has had for the past few years. Hopkins had 78 catches 954 yards, and 4 touchdowns since you forgot to mention it.
    It's not about being "convenient" or forgetting to mention it. The point is that Hopkins was able to have 2 monster seasons with poor QB play the last 3 years, 2 out of 3. That's way better than 0 out of 3, like DT with his elite WR salary. What's really inconvenient is how a WR with DT's salary needs MVP Peyton Manning to look good on the field.
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607

Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    This! Denver in my opinion has the most talent and depth at WR this season than they have since the Welker, DT, Decker days. I honestly believe the team will keep 6 WR's on the roster. I would hazard a guess and say it's DT, Emmanuel, Courtland Sutton, DaeSean Hamilton, Tim Patrick, and either River Cracraft or John Diarse.
    **2018 Adopt A Bronco: Chris Harris Jr*** Twitter: @CodyRoarkNFL

Quote Originally Posted by #24 Next Champ View Post
    I forget the exact timeframe and what not but he led the NFL in yards over a 3 year timespan
    no. I don't think he did. He was close though. Calvin Johnson led the league in yards 2012-2014. Antonio Brown led it 2013-2015. It's possible DT led the league in TD 2012-2014 with 35.

edit...nope, Dez had 41 over that time frame.

Quote Originally Posted by CodyRoarkNFL View Post
    This! Denver in my opinion has the most talent and depth at WR this season than they have since the Welker, DT, Decker days. I honestly believe the team will keep 6 WR's on the roster. I would hazard a guess and say it's DT, Emmanuel, Courtland Sutton, DaeSean Hamilton, Tim Patrick, and either River Cracraft or John Diarse.
    I think I would put Cracraft over Patrick

Quote Originally Posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    I think I would put Cracraft over Patrick
    It's tough because both have had a phenomenal camp. One thing I liked about Cracraft is that he's always been the first player on the field before practice, usually alongside DaeSean Hamilton. He might be a better contributor than Jordan Taylor if he can see time on the field.
    **2018 Adopt A Bronco: Chris Harris Jr*** Twitter: @CodyRoarkNFL

Quote Originally Posted by CodyRoarkNFL View Post
    It's tough because both have had a phenomenal camp. One thing I liked about Cracraft is that he's always been the first player on the field before practice, usually alongside DaeSean Hamilton. He might be a better contributor than Jordan Taylor if he can see time on the field.
    it might come down to ST ability as to which of them makes it, if only 1 does.

Here are some quotes from Ryan Koenigsberg from BSN Denver on Philip Lindsay.

"The University of Colorado product, who draws loud roars from the fans every time he makes a play, had a couple of very nice runs on the day and continued to display that his skillset is something very different from anything else Denver has on the roster, a huge asset for the undrafted prospect."

"His speed obviously stands out from the get-go, but what he’s proven throughout camp is that he is easily the team’s best receiver coming out of the backfield. His routes are strong for a back and his hands are surprisingly soft considering he’s so compact."

"Listed as the team’s starting kick returner already, Lindsay may be a good preseason game away from locking up his spot."
    Last edited by gerontion; 08-09-2018 at 04:27 PM.

They will give the 4th RB spot to Lindsay and put Dave Williams on the practice squad.
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607

Quote Originally Posted by -Rod- View Post
    They will give the 4th RB spot to Lindsay and put Dave Williams on the practice squad.
    He might be #3. Freeman and Booker are both probably locked in. Lindsey might be behind them with Henderson bringing up 4th. Shoot, Freeman could be the primary back with Lindsey as the 3rd down back relegating Booker and whoever else to spot duty.
    Last edited by broncos SB2010; 08-09-2018 at 04:29 PM.