Page 87 of 87 FirstFirst ... 37 77 85 86 87
Results 1,291 to 1,300 of 1300
    Quote Originally Posted by rockymtncrush View Post
    Ugh, I wish they would quit wasting reps on Lynch already. I don't know what more he could put on tape to realistically raise his trade value and I'm not sure what they're looking to see as far as improvement because frankly he shouldn't be on the roster in the first place. If they want to see if Kelly can hold up as the back up, why don't they let him play 3 quarters at least?
    I don't see any value in him playing the entire game. The fourth game has transformed into almost exclusively being guys trying to make the team (or get noticed and land on a practice squad somewhere) being given the opportunities to show themselves.

Kelly has made the team, more than likely Kelly is the unquestioned backup QB going into the season, so why have him play more than he needs to? I'd rather they let Lynch play the entire game and have him maybe drum up some interest, and get beaten up between the bottom of the Broncos o-line depth.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    I don't see any value in him playing the entire game. The fourth game has transformed into almost exclusively being guys trying to make the team (or get noticed and land on a practice squad somewhere) being given the opportunities to show themselves.

Kelly has made the team, more than likely Kelly is the unquestioned backup QB going into the season, so why have him play more than he needs to? I'd rather they let Lynch play the entire game and have him maybe drum up some interest, and get beaten up between the bottom of the Broncos o-line depth.
    Clearly so the receivers can get reps with a qb that can get them the ball

Adopted Broncos:
    (2011-2013) Eric Decker
    (2014-current) Bradley Roby
    Adopted posters:
    Everyone

In the event Denver carries two QBs on the roster and they don't have one on the PS, Chad will be running scout team O during the season. Young QBs learn a lot running scout team.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    In the event Denver carries two QBs on the roster and they don't have one on the PS, Chad will be running scout team O during the season. Young QBs learn a lot running scout team.
    Shouldn't the backup Qb be getting reps being that hes 1 play away from going in ?. Does a 2nd string Qb usually get reps in regular season?

Quote Originally Posted by rockymtncrush View Post
    Ugh, I wish they would quit wasting reps on Lynch already. I don't know what more he could put on tape to realistically raise his trade value and I'm not sure what they're looking to see as far as improvement because frankly he shouldn't be on the roster in the first place. If they want to see if Kelly can hold up as the back up, why don't they let him play 3 quarters at least?
    No point risking him getting hurt, especially if he's going to be the backup, we need 2 healthy QBs to start the season. Honestly, if I was the coach, I probably just play Kelly 1 quarter, and maybe not even play him at all.

Quote Originally Posted by orange crush75 View Post
    Shouldn't the backup Qb be getting reps being that hes 1 play away from going in ?. Does a 2nd string Qb usually get reps in regular season?
    Depends on how practice is organized. It is possible to have Offense going against scout team D while Defense is going against scout team O at the same time. That can be done because the coaching staff is platooned at that time.

The starting QB will get almost all the reps during the week. All QBs are in on the scouting report, game plan and installation. The backup QB normally gets some reps with the starting offense, but most of his preparation is mentally absorbing the game plan and watching video breakdown of the opposing D.

It wouldn't be a surprise if Denver signs a QB to the PS and has him run scout team. Scout team needs to give Offense and Defense the best look possible. If Chad ran scout team, that's what he would do, and that would help the Defense to better prepare.

Good questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
    No point risking him getting hurt, especially if he's going to be the backup, we need 2 healthy QBs to start the season. Honestly, if I was the coach, I probably just play Kelly 1 quarter, and maybe not even play him at all.
    Concern about Chad's health is justified given his history. On the other hand, he needs the game snaps. He hasn't played football in almost two years.

Concern about Chad's health is justified given his history. On the other hand, he needs the game snaps. He hasn't played football in almost two years.
    Yes, but if they're seriously considering going with only 2 QBs, I think his health is more important than an extra handful of reps he'll get playing another quarter or two.

Quote Originally Posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
    Yes, but if they're seriously considering going with only 2 QBs, I think his health is more important than an extra handful of reps he'll get playing another quarter or two.
    We'll see what happens.

Depends on how practice is organized. It is possible to have Offense going against scout team D while Defense is going against scout team O at the same time. That can be done because the coaching staff is platooned at that time.

The starting QB will get almost all the reps during the week. All QBs are in on the scouting report, game plan and installation. The backup QB normally gets some reps with the starting offense, but most of his preparation is mentally absorbing the game plan and watching video breakdown of the opposing D.

It wouldn't be a surprise if Denver signs a QB to the PS and has him run scout team. Scout team needs to give Offense and Defense the best look possible. If Chad ran scout team, that's what he would do, and that would help the Defense to better prepare.

Good questions.
    Ty Sam, makes sense 👍