Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 92
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    29,079
    Quote Originally Posted by 58Miller View Post
    Sorry Baphs but the truth is Bronco fans are the army a terrorist like you doesnít want to take head on, your arguments are the victims because you are too cowardly to make a real argument.
    i make plenty of real arguments, every single day that i'm here. all i do is take you clowns head on and it takes 10 or 15 of you just to combat lil ole Baph. lol

    Elway is still a better GM than any Charger GM ever!
    Siemien despite being garbage went 2-2 vs the Bolts ( and that was with a dislocated shoulder in a 2016 loss which we all know you would give any Charger player like Ingram or Verrett a pass)
    bobby bethard is a HOF GM

    Rivers top ten all time against weak competition, donít look at what he did when he faced the best teams, like LT he folded like a paper chair!
    oh so rivers has just faced bad teams every single year in the regular season? that's a dumb ass argument of i have ever read one. LT was injured, he didn't fold. in the 2006 loss he actually had a good game, in 2004 he had an ok game against the jets but didn't score, certainty didn't fold. other than those two games his team was either not in he playoffs or he was injured.

    All that said! .... still love you Baphs, you always show up to put up a fight. Maybe one day I will have your amazing footballs IQ!
    good luck!


    Welcome Back! #85

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Mile High Stadium
    Posts
    8,605
    Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    i make plenty of real arguments, every single day that i'm here. all i do is take you clowns head on and it takes 10 or 15 of you just to combat lil ole Baph. lol



    bobby bethard is a HOF GM



    oh so rivers has just faced bad teams every single year in the regular season? that's a dumb ass argument of i have ever read one. LT was injured, he didn't fold. in the 2006 loss he actually had a good game, in 2004 he had an ok game against the jets but didn't score, certainty didn't fold. other than those two games his team was either not in he playoffs or he was injured.



    good luck!
    Bobby Beathard lol!!!! For a guy who claims to be a football genius, claiming Beathard is a joke! Heís in the Hall for his success in Washington, nice try bud!

    River and LT were awesome regular season players, both couldnít handle the postseason, ..... sorry but facts donít care about your feelings baphs!

    You make real arguments? Ok.....Make an argument for this season then. What will Denverís record be and why and what will the Bolts record be and why?

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    Posts
    14,069
    Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    something so obvious that you, frey, arapaho, and many others argued with me to the contrary? don't act like you knew when you supported TS as your starting QB and took issue with me calling him garbage. you even bragged about how his stats were better than rivers early in the season just last year.

    you lose.



    you were blindsided by the fact your QB's stunk up the joint. putting all the blame on a coach no longer on your team is too predictable, i wonder why the first thing Elway did was replace the QB?



    it shows how right i was because manning was no longer there to make elway look better than he is as a GM. i knew this would happen and you all argued with me about it, you especially. now you want to act like i'm a coward because i was football intelligent enough to see it and you were not? you are unable to see clearly because all you do is blindly support broncos players and coaches until they leave, then throw them under the bus.

    now that is cowardice.



    ingram has now been good for more than one season but nice try. and keenan has always been good from the very beginning when he's been on the field, he's never not been good except when not on the field due to injury. comparing that to elway is apples and oranges.



    almost everyone that was here and you damn sure would have been one of them because you blindly support everything in a broncos uni, ive never seen you not blindly support a broncos player.



    rivers absolutely did not have the best roster for 3 years straight

    rivers is gonna finish top 10 all time in every major statistical category including wins, the only thing he has underachieved in is playoff record, just like manning has.



    BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

    so you broncos fans are innocent victims and can't stand up for yourselves, is that what you're trying to tell me? i say stuff all the time without an "out" you are just regurgitating nonsense that other broncos fans have accused me of. i make black and white predictions all the time, something few of you ever do.

    you just think i'm a "terrorist" of broncos fans because you don't have the mental capacity to combat me, maybe leave it up to the more football intelligent broncos fans and stay out of it? that's my suggestion to you. isn't it odd that you were voted best smack talker here but cannot even stand up to me and whine that i'm a terrorist? lol



    this is a complete and total lie. i never said winning at any point doesn't matter, it does. but to you that's all that matters, even when judging positional players. you just look up win loss totals in the playoffs and use that as your argument. it's clearly all you're capable of, that and pretending i say stuff i never did.



    do you honestly believe i come here to change your minds and get you to agree with me?

    i know the stuff i'm saying is by far more logical than just looking up win totals and coming to a conclusion or calling someone i disagree with a terrorist because i don't like his opinions. freakin WHAAAAAAA!





    now this is funny! lol

    you need to stick to this kind of smack and stop pretending to be football smart.

    have a great day helpless victim of smack terrorism.

    yours truly,

    the donko fan terrorist.
    This might be the most ridiculous thing you've said, and you say a lot of ridiculous things. Why did Denver win the Super Bowl in 2015? It was because of the defense. When Elway took over in 2011 the 2010 Broncos had just led the league in defensive futility. They were 32nd, or close to it in every single major category. In 2012 they were a top 5 defense overall and in every major category. The defense then slipped a little bit. Following the loss to Seattle Elway completely remade the team to focus on defense. And put together one that's considered historically good.

    But yeah it was all Manning, he was the one who acquired all of those defensive players...

    And since I know you'll argue about the historic thing, here's a sample of people calling it historic:

    http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...-best-ever-nfl

    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...es-of-all-time

    Others only rank it top 5 or even top 10...all-time, but yeah, Manning was the big difference...

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    Posts
    14,069
    Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    i make plenty of real arguments, every single day that i'm here. all i do is take you clowns head on and it takes 10 or 15 of you just to combat lil ole Baph. lol



    bobby bethard is a HOF GM



    oh so rivers has just faced bad teams every single year in the regular season? that's a dumb ass argument of i have ever read one. LT was injured, he didn't fold. in the 2006 loss he actually had a good game, in 2004 he had an ok game against the jets but didn't score, certainty didn't fold. other than those two games his team was either not in he playoffs or he was injured.



    good luck!
    Yes, his San Diego team did go 1-15, that's some HOF work. In reality he's in the HOF because Joe Gibbs let him ride his coattails.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Oh Yea...Right there!
    Posts
    7,321
    Quote Originally Posted by Spice 1 View Post
    It's official. Phillip Rivers is Carmelo Anthony.
    I knew it! It's the corn rows that gave it away!
    https://media.giphy.com/media/cAgxSFqbyaQgeyY3VA/giphy.gif

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    7,174
    Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    champ bailey.
    Nah. Champ played defense, and won a conference championship.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rancid View Post
    I knew it! It's the corn rows that gave it away!
    I was going for bolo tie, but I can see Phil rocking the Amish Paradise.

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    29,079
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    This might be the most ridiculous thing you've said, and you say a lot of ridiculous things. Why did Denver win the Super Bowl in 2015? It was because of the defense. When Elway took over in 2011 the 2010 Broncos had just led the league in defensive futility. They were 32nd, or close to it in every single major category. In 2012 they were a top 5 defense overall and in every major category. The defense then slipped a little bit. Following the loss to Seattle Elway completely remade the team to focus on defense. And put together one that's considered historically good.

    But yeah it was all Manning, he was the one who acquired all of those defensive players...

    And since I know you'll argue about the historic thing, here's a sample of people calling it historic:

    http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...-best-ever-nfl

    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...es-of-all-time

    Others only rank it top 5 or even top 10...all-time, but yeah, Manning was the big difference...
    explain to me how the very next season with virtually the same team minus manning, explain to me how and why they took the huge step back that they did?

    do you not understand the leadership he brought to that team? do you not understand the fact that his brilliant football mind was still intact and held that team together? how many of you argued that next season that no matter what QB you put back there that you guys would be just fine because the defense is what won that SB? how did that one work out for you?

    oh and lastly, the broncos took a giant crap the moment manning retired and wade was allowed to walk for no reason....i knew that would happen as i stated it here the moment that stuff all occurred.....how did that turn out again? yeah.......ridiculous indeed!


    Welcome Back! #85

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    29,079
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    Yes, his San Diego team did go 1-15, that's some HOF work. In reality he's in the HOF because Joe Gibbs let him ride his coattails.
    kind of like elway's success as a GM is because manning let him ride his coattails?

    58miller said elway was better than any charger GM ever, bethard was a charger GM and is in the HOF as a GM, those are the facts lol

    it's also clear that the i left at the end of that comment was meant to imply it was a joke but apparently we have some slow ones that are easily baited here.
    Last edited by baphamet; 08-02-2018 at 02:07 PM.


    Welcome Back! #85

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    29,079

    back to rivers not getting voted into the HOF......

    http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...lle-revis-more

    this article is based on their current resume and they have rivers getting in and eli not, wilson isn't even in consideration.

    i definitely agree with most of this but i still think if rivers was to retire today it might take him a while to get in, he needs to make a serious run and that will solidify his place in the HOF.

    i think most of you are biased that think he wont get in, that think if russell wilson ahnd rivers both retired today htta wilson would get in before rivers? talk about ridiculouds??

    by the way, 58miller, if you're actually reading this, the bolded underlined means i actually do think winning is important, but you actually have to read my posts to understand that.


    Welcome Back! #85

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Anywhere
    Posts
    1,485
    Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    kind of like elway's success as a GM is because manning let him ride his coattails?

    58miller said elway was better than any charger GM ever, bethard was a charger GM and is in the HOF as a GM, those are the facts lol

    it's also clear that the i left at the end of that comment was meant to imply it was a joke but apparently we have some slow ones that are easily baited here.
    I keep commenting on this..... What IS the GM's job? Is it to bring in the best possible players you can to win?? Isn't that what Elway did by bringing in Manning? Elway didn't ride any coattails. He did his job and brought in the best FA signing ever..... AND THEY WON!!! That was his JOB!!! He did what he was hired to do. And, because of that, he has had success..... Stop with the Manning coattails. He did his job as GM and did it well.

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    29,079
    Quote Originally Posted by Stackhouser View Post
    I keep commenting on this..... What IS the GM's job? Is it to bring in the best possible players you can to win?? Isn't that what Elway did by bringing in Manning? Elway didn't ride any coattails. He did his job and brought in the best FA signing ever..... AND THEY WON!!! That was his JOB!!! He did what he was hired to do. And, because of that, he has had success..... Stop with the Manning coattails. He did his job as GM and did it well.
    he wrote A HUGE check to bring in one dude that gave him the vast majority of that success that he gets too much credit for. i like how you commented on that but didn't on BBN's comment that bethard was only voted into the HOF because he rode gibbs coattails.......that same logic applies to manning and elway but that was somehow off base?


    Welcome Back! #85

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Anywhere
    Posts
    1,485
    Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    he wrote A HUGE check to bring in one dude that gave him the vast majority of that success that he gets too much credit for. i like how you commented on that but didn't on BBN's comment that bethard was only voted into the HOF because he rode gibbs coattails.......that same logic applies to manning and elway but that was somehow off base?
    I wasn't apart of that conversation was I? I'm not BBN...... But again, what is the GM's job? As a GM he took over the dumpster fire that McDaniels did and turned it around. I don't care if it is one player or 53, he did his job. He has been successful no matter who he signed. I guess everybody in the Chargers organization is riding Rivers coattails with his success. He hasn't won the big one but he's been plenty successful and he's the 5th highest paid player in league history. I guess all the Steelers success has to do only with Big Ben who is one of the top 25 in pay, right? Elway did his job, signed a winner, won the Super Bowl..... I guess he sucks!!!

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Anywhere
    Posts
    1,485
    And for the record, I think Bethard got in because of his success in DC as a GM was to keep Gibbs around and get the right players no matter what numbers were on the check book.... HE DID HIS JOB SUCCESSFULLY..... His lone SD season was not part of it.

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    29,079
    Quote Originally Posted by Stackhouser View Post
    I wasn't apart of that conversation was I? I'm not BBN...... But again, what is the GM's job? As a GM he took over the dumpster fire that McDaniels did and turned it around. I don't care if it is one player or 53, he did his job. He has been successful no matter who he signed. I guess everybody in the Chargers organization is riding Rivers coattails with his success. He hasn't won the big one but he's been plenty successful and he's the 5th highest paid player in league history. I guess all the Steelers success has to do only with Big Ben who is one of the top 25 in pay, right? Elway did his job, signed a winner, won the Super Bowl..... I guess he sucks!!!
    the chargers wouldn't be anything without rivers. they would have been the chargers of the late 90's without him. it's not just ability, its his leadership, same kind of leadership manning brought. also, ben and rivers have nothing on manning, we are talking about one of the greatest of all time here.

    i'm just saying elway has been vastly over-rated because of his success with manning and with wade taking that defense to another level. now both guys are gone and the moment they did the broncos took a huge step back, how come?


    Welcome Back! #85

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Anywhere
    Posts
    1,485
    Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    the chargers wouldn't be anything without rivers. they would have been the chargers of the late 90's without him. it's not just ability, its his leadership, same kind of leadership manning brought. also, ben and rivers have nothing on manning, we are talking about one of the greatest of all time here.

    i'm just saying elway has been vastly over-rated because of his success with manning and with wade taking that defense to another level. now both guys are gone and the moment they did the broncos took a huge step back, how come?
    BUT ELWAY BROUGHT THEM IN!!!!! How is that not his job?? How is that not rated as success for him? It worked. It was successful.........

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •