Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
    I am obviously in the small minority here, but I think the Raiders are approaching the direction of the team in a smart way. Jon Gruden obviously knew coming in that he had a pretty average roster, and he wasn't going to be competing for championships, that was obvious. So he has began to accumulate the draft capital to position himself and the franchise moving forward so they can build a roster the way he desires it. Gruden received a 10 year contract, his leash is very long and I am sure he knows that he will be given time to turn it around, and if he hits on these upcoming draft picks, in 3 years the Raiders could be in a great position. I honestly wish Elway went down this route instead of thinking we are on the verge every year and making moves like signing Keenum.

Also just quickly, on the 2 big trades everyone is talking about, the Amari Cooper deal, he fleeced the Cowboys. Cooper is good, but he is inconsistent and severely overrated, to get that return for him was a great deal. And on the Mack trade, I agreed with that, you can't have 2 quarterback sized contracts on the roster, and you keep the quarterback everyday of the week over a defender. The question is moving forward, if the Raiders get the 1st overall pick, and decide to move on from Carr, which would probably be another 1st rounder or two, then holy hell with the cap space they have, I as a Broncos fan am very envious of that situation.

It looks horrific now because the roster is filled with bums. Gruden was right in purging the roster (except for Khalil Mack). We have to see what he does with all that he has in the next 2 years. From what I see, they need 2 things: protection from Carr and a competent defense.

I expect the Chiefs to score a combined +114 on them. I'll take a CP bet on it for those who disagree..

Quote Originally Posted by DevilSpawn View Post
    It looks horrific now because the roster is filled with bums. Gruden was right in purging the roster (except for Khalil Mack). We have to see what he does with all that he has in the next 2 years. From what I see, they need 2 things: protection from Carr and a competent defense.

I expect the Chiefs to score a combined +114 on them. I'll take a CP bet on it for those who disagree..
    Hey DS.....did you mean to say "protection for Carr", or are you telling it like it is!!!

(couldn't resist)

I think if the plan long term is too keep Derek Carr, then you had to move on from Mack, you just can't have a competitive roster with 2 guys taking up such a large chunk, unless one of those guys names is Tom Brady who hides a lot of the teams flaws. I'll also take that bet, I can easily see that happening, but putting up 50 plus on an NFL team twice in a season is very rare, wonder when that last happened ? I would imagine the Patriots have done it too someone in the AFC East at some point with Tom Brady under center.

I think the dumpster fire is obviously planned.... Already has 3 first round picks in the next draft plus 12 potential total overall in the draft..... Then, they already have 2 first round picks in 2020 plus currently sitting on 9 for that draft total...... It will be interesting to see it play out.

Dig this link for draft positions.... https://www.prosportstransactions.co...re/Raiders.htm

My feelings about this whole season.

I still don't think they should've traded Mack. You won't get another version of him again. After all, it took us 20 years to get another Howie Long.

I don't mind the Cooper trade. He has amazing talent, but he's missing that "it" factor. He's on the edge of greatness but with his back to the door that surpasses it.

If you look at Reggie McKenzie's drafts, they have been brutal. Only 2014 was a bright spot. A lot of the players he's drafted aren't even in the league anymore, much less on the Raiders.

All of this stockpiling will be great if we hit on these draft picks. Given Gruden's history, he might make McKenzie look good after it's all said and done but we'll see.
    Right now those stockpiled first round picks look like one high....Raiders, one mid first....Dallas, one low first....Bears. With the Mack trade I think he was expecting to have two top 10 picks.

And yet CHI's going to take the division (hopefully) and can give any team trouble
    Rod Smith for the HOF. TEBOW RULES!

the thing about all these 1st round picks is....the impact to the cap, specially if they start to pan out and want big contracts

just be another fire sale in four years