Travelling 8,761 miles to see the Broncos

So psyched... all booked for my first ever trip to Denver to see the Broncos.

I live in Melbourne, Australia (hometown of Adam Gotsis) and I've supported the Broncos since 1992 (The Drive II to be exact). I saw them play in Sydney in 1998, but this will be my first real game. It's been a long time coming! I'm coming to the Texans game with a buddy and then we're doing a road trip to San Francisco before we fly home.

I have a couple of questions:

1. We got our resale tickets from . They are mobile delivery tickets which I understand is standard now. But the seller doesn't deliver them until the day before game day. Is this common? Or should I be panicking?

2. So if for some reason my tickets don't turn up the day before game day as promised, are there usually still seats available on the resale sites on game day? I can handle getting ripped off, I can't handle travelling 8,761 miles and not seeing the game!

3. What should I be doing and seeing around Denver while I'm in town? Stadium tour? Red Rocks? Best BBQ place? Best microbrewery?

Cannot wait. Thanks!
    Last edited by Peanut; 07-31-2018 at 12:58 PM.

Welcome to BCMB, lionelhutz!

I edited the ticket site from your post. Ticket Exchange is one of the sponsors of this site and we have to be careful that there's no conflict of interest.

I can help with any questions you might have about San Francisco (grew up in the area), but unfortunately, not for the Denver area. This will eventually get moved to the Tailgating forum, which has a lot of information.

I hope you share your experience with us.
    Administrator

#LupusAwareness

Adopted Bronco: Derek Wolfe --- I adopted: Everyone!

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Welcome to BCMB lionelhutz!

The good news about the mobile ticket is delivery the day before game. Suggest printing the tickets at your hotel - check your hotel amenities to see if they have a self-service printer. If you encounter a problem just contact the reseller. We had mobile ticket delivery the day of a game and the “Will Call” window at the stadium managed to fix the issue. You have time to fix the issue if one should arise.

As far as a local place, I liked the Bull & Bush in Glendale - about 15 minutes from downtown Denver.
    Last edited by Fantaztic7; 07-31-2018 at 06:36 PM.

You should definitely go see Red Rocks while you are here. As far as best microbrewery, that's a tough one... or and easy one. There are so many that it's hard to go wrong. My favorite is Vine Street Pub (Mountain Sun Brewery).

Can't help with your questions, but Good Luck and I hope you enjoy every bit of it.
    “Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.”

― Mark Twain

The correct answer to question #3 is always "Casa Bonita".

Cool, thanks. We'll be staying in downtown Denver - Casa Bonita and the Vine Street Pub are a bit of a hike and in opposite directions! Are they worth the hike? I'm particularly keen for Mexican food as really good Mexican is hard to find in Australia.

Has anyone done the stadium tour? Is it worth doing? If the tour is heavy on Broncos history and gets you into the locker room, I'm totally up for it. But if it's just "look at our modern stadium, so many seats", well I've been to a stadium before...

Come to think of it, is there anywhere in town that has a lot of Broncos memorabilia that is worth checking out? I assume there isn't a proper museum, but what about a bar that has a good collection?
    Last edited by lionelhutz; 08-02-2018 at 05:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lionelhutz View Post
    Cool, thanks. We'll be staying in downtown Denver - Casa Bonita and the Vine Street Pub are a bit of a hike and in opposite directions! Are they worth the hike? I'm particularly keen for Mexican food as really good Mexican is hard to find in Australia.

Has anyone done the stadium tour? Is it worth doing? If the tour is heavy on Broncos history and gets you into the locker room, I'm totally up for it. But if it's just "look at our modern stadium, so many seats", well I've been to a stadium before...

Come to think of it, is there anywhere in town that has a lot of Broncos memorabilia that is worth checking out? I assume there isn't a proper museum, but what about a bar that has a good collection?
    All good questions for which I have no answer!

Around my neck of the woods though, the best place for Broncos memorabilia is at a Chargers game.

It was a long, long time ago when I went to Casa Bonita - I think it’s more of a tourist attraction as a really large restaurant. Locals on the board may have better recommendations. A couple of years back when we traveled for the Broncos-Texans on MNF we found a good Mexican restaurant downtown (can’t recall the name).

As far as a museum I think it’s worth the time to visit the Broncos training facility/offices at Dove Valley. They have an awesome trophy case with the Lombardi trophies and other Broncos memorabilia. They usually have free posters.

If you are looking for really good Mexican food do not - I repeat - do not go to Casa Bonita! It's a fun place for the ambiance but the food is meh. If you want really good Mexican food try Benny's. It's close to downtown. Also, Vine St Pub is not far from downtown either. A short Uber ride should get you to either place. But there are a lot of other microbreweries around town so you should easily find one close to where you are. If you want to try something more than beer I suggest Mile High Spirits