Page 1 of 117 1 2 3 11 51 101 ... LastLast

Case Keenum is for real

from college play
    point of interest on CK: 9 TD in 35 min

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mK-p7Eawyi8

More telling is to look up YouTube videos for Minnesota Vikings condensed game 2017.

NFL Network posted a couple of stats on Keenum last season - tied 4th fewest INTs (7?) and highest QB rating final 6 games.

If we have a productive run game and Keenum keeps the turnovers low I think we have a realistic chance to win the AFC West.

Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    NFL Network posted a couple of stats on Keenum last season - tied 4th fewest INTs (7?) and highest QB rating final 6 games.

If we have a productive run game and Keenum keeps the turnovers low I think we have a realistic chance to win the AFC West.
    I think Denver can make it to playoffs and once in all we need is Von Miller to take it over like he did vs New England and the Carolina Panthers.

Quote Originally Posted by DENVERSB50CHAMP View Post
    I think Denver can make it to playoffs and once in all we need is Von Miller to take it over like he did vs New England and the Carolina Panthers.
    Oh yeah!

10 char

That game vs Rice is something I don't think we'll ever see again at the collegiate level. He still possesses many of those great traits, perfect touch on the deep ball, ability to stand in the pocket. All reports from Broncos Camp show it as well.
    **2018 Adopt A Bronco: Chris Harris Jr*** Twitter: @CodyRoarkNFL

Agree and disagree.

Nothing from college at this point matters 6 years later as far as how Keenum will succeed as a Bronco. Especially not against Rice of all opponents. If he did it against Bama then call me.

That said I'm still very optimistic about Keenum and do believe he can succeed and still develop further into a top NFL QB if we take care of the football, protect him and give him time to find weapons. And the weapons have to catch the ball. I am excited about watching him next week in the preseason opener and moving forward.

But when I opened this thread I expected to be reading about things he's doing in camp so far that are convincing someone. Not what he did in college against Rice.

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    Agree and disagree.

Nothing from college at this point matters 6 years later as far as how Keenum will succeed as a Bronco. Especially not against Rice of all opponents. If he did it against Bama then call me.

That said I'm still very optimistic about Keenum and do believe he can succeed and still develop further into a top NFL QB if we take care of the football, protect him and give him time to find weapons. And the weapons have to catch the ball. I am excited about watching him next week in the preseason opener and moving forward.

But when I opened this thread I expected to be reading about things he's doing in camp so far that are convincing someone. Not what he did in college against Rice.
    If Keenum threw 9 INTs instead of 9 TDs something tells me we'd all probably be screaming to get Siemian back at this point or the 2015 version of Manning.

Agree and disagree.

In defense of this thread and to piggyback on what you were hoping for, Keenum's looking very sharp in practice. I know it's practice, but his ball placement and chemistry with Sanders, Thomas, and now Courtland Sutton are exciting so far. We'll know more come preseason action.
    **2018 Adopt A Bronco: Chris Harris Jr*** Twitter: @CodyRoarkNFL

Agree and disagree.

I had a long post to explore exactly what you said, but I ended up by referring to the games he played last year - for relevancy.

I was among the very few (if not the only one) who dared to say publicly back in 2012 that I would "consider" spending a first round pick on Keenum.

Mind you, I would still pick Wilson ahead of Keenum.
    I figured Wilson in the second and Keenum in the third as insurance for each other.

Maybe I should have let that long post ride.

When I scout QB, I want to see them under duress, against great defense.
    In a nutshell, Keenum checked that.

For example, he did well against a good Alabama defense back then when he was in the game with the Cougars trailing- with another QB starting the game.
    He almost pulled the comeback.

The Rice game was played with the rain in the first half. To watch him slinging that wet ball around was a definite plus.

I also watched another college game of his when the wind was gushing. It was during hurricane season down here in Texas.
    No, it wasn't gale force wind, but enough so that I don't have to be concerned about his arm strength.

You get a better context of the Rice game if you watch the Jon Gruden QB camp.

https://youtu.be/sA8UewJPnJQ

Quote Originally Posted by 18Broncos View Post
    You get a better context of the Rice game if you watch the Jon Gruden QB camp.

https://youtu.be/sA8UewJPnJQ
    And he left the game with 8 minutes remaining.

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/...html?mobi=true

Quote Originally Posted by 18Broncos View Post
    More telling is to look up YouTube videos for Minnesota Vikings condensed game 2017.
    Just go straight to Case Keenum highlights 2017, loving everything I see from this guy.

On a side note, saw Mack and the Raiders aren't talking yet.

[

my point was that CK is not something new. he should have been drafted on his stats. not drafted because of bias against being 6'1' not 6' 4" (or 6'9).

Quote Originally Posted by Casefan View Post
    from college play
    point of interest on CK: 9 TD in 35 min

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mK-p7Eawyi8
    that remains to be seen

I dont think there is any doubt that he is an upgrade over what we had though