Page 111 of 117 FirstFirst ... 11 61 101 109 110 111 112 113 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,665 of 1750
    Quote Originally Posted by orange crush75 View Post
    Lol! Gotta do due diligence

I'd see if there's any way to trade with the Eagles for Wentz without having to give them all our best players players.

More realistically tho...I'd see what it would take to get Brissett from the Colts.

Special thanks to Sam_Z for the SB rings collage above

Quote Originally Posted by Mel B. View Post
    Hopefully the first shake is releasing Keenum.
    Do we have to wait that long ???? lol
    Can't the Front office cut him now??? Please???

Quote Originally Posted by Mel B. View Post
    Hopefully the first shake is releasing Keenum.
    Well, Keenum puts the team in a difficult position. This reminds me of Tebow being the started up and until PM was signed, then Tebow was just a really nice cut and summarily cut.

Keenum will be with the team until someone comes up in FA which begins late March 14. So I do not expect any changes, if any, until then. If they are looking more to the draft then Keenum may be here next season as a season vet to help.

Final stats. Passer rate of 81.2, which is 34th in the league (includes QBs with a minimum of 100 pass attempts, though the lowest amount that qualified was 169, which for my money is a reasonable statistical level).

34th sucks! And given we had a decent run game, which often opens up the pass game, the "case' is closed for me. Lets start someone who can get it done....even if we have to wait a little.

Yeah , he is a backup . Coaching overhaul now the Qb needs to be addressed. It's a must .

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by L.M. View Post
    Lol, right now. Well of course he is right now, will he be the QB come training camp, that's the question that needs to be asked.

Quote Originally Posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
    Lol, right now. Well of course he is right now, will he be the QB come training camp, that's the question that needs to be asked.
    If they cut him, they will eat $11 million (?) and need to sign a competent veteran backup for the QB they will very likely draft. May as well keep Case as #2 for 2019, even though we don't like his unreliablity as a starter.

Key words concerning Keenum: "right now"

Key words concerning Shanny: "not at this point in time"

Special thanks to Sam_Z for the SB rings collage above

If they cut him, they will eat $11 million (?) and need to sign a competent veteran backup for the QB they will very likely draft. May as well keep Case as #2 for 2019, even though we don't like his unreliablity as a starter.
    From my understanding there is no benefit of cutting him right now. Some contracts come with certain clauses that make teams release them early in the new league year (usually first couple weeks in March)

Case does not have any of these clauses in his contract which means it does not matter if we release him now or in March...we eat the cap hit.

Do think if we release him June we can spread out the cap hit tho. Unless we have something ready or something special come up I would prefer to eat the cap hit this year.

Bottom line tho....as much as some others want Case gone asap it is good business to wait and make a good decision.

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    Final stats. Passer rate of 81.2, which is 34th in the league (includes QBs with a minimum of 100 pass attempts, though the lowest amount that qualified was 169, which for my money is a reasonable statistical level).

34th sucks! And given we had a decent run game, which often opens up the pass game, the "case' is closed for me. Lets start someone who can get it done....even if we have to wait a little.
    Agreed!

I've seen enough of Keenum, at least as a starting QB for this team.
    Adopted Poster
    AZ Snake Fan

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post

We run the ball well but did not use the run game often. Teams knew we would give up on the run because all season long we would pass it twice as much as run it even when the score was close.

Add in we never really leveraged our run game into the passing game like how pretty much every other coaching staff we have had since I been watching the Broncos has and imo we had a serious missed opportunity on offensive game planning in 2018 and it is one of the biggest reasons I been calling for coaching change and a different offensive mind.

Now with that said I seriously doubt Case will ever win the Super Bowl. Sooner or later a team needs to rely on the passing game to win a Super Bowl. We do not need Tom Brady but we need someone who can reliably make plays when it is needed and Case is not that guy.

We can be a much better team offensively even with Case as the QB.

IMO if this off season does not end with moves to improve our team pass protection that are better than the last three years combined it really does not matter who our qb is in 2019....they will struggle.

Quote Originally Posted by Hadez View Post
    From my understanding there is no benefit of cutting him right now. Some contracts come with certain clauses that make teams release them early in the new league year (usually first couple weeks in March)

Case does not have any of these clauses in his contract which means it does not matter if we release him now or in March...we eat the cap hit.

Do think if we release him June we can spread out the cap hit tho. Unless we have something ready or something special come up I would prefer to eat the cap hit this year.

Bottom line tho....as much as some others want Case gone asap it is good business to wait and make a good decision.
    The benefit of cutting him is an extra 11 million in cap space

Quote Originally Posted by Papa-pwn View Post
    The benefit of cutting him is an extra 11 million in cap space
    Eating dead money and signing another mediocre vet at the going rate makes no sense at all. Cutting him because an elite vet suddenly becomes available is the only scenario where the cut makes financial sense.

Case did well with the Vikings, difference is they had a much better offensive line than we do but hopefully that will be fixed next year. If not we will have another loosing season no matter who is coach.