Page 115 of 117 FirstFirst ... 15 65 105 113 114 115 116 117 LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,725 of 1750
    Quote Originally Posted by broncolee View Post
    Hell NO!!!!!!!!!!

No Alabama quarterbacks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Thank you. Tua is great in Saban’s system but what happens when he is playing on the best team with all the best talent? He gets hurt and looks like Mcarron.

Quote Originally Posted by Socnorb11 View Post
    Not sure if this is the right thread or not................ but Dwayne Haskins' draft stock is going thru the roof right now, watching him in the Rose Bowl.
    And did you see how poorly he played unless his target was WIDE OPEN. I've said it before, but Haskins is not going to be a good NFL QB. He is likely between Paxton Lynch and Blake Bortles. He is big and he has an arm, but his eye-brain stuff is very poor. If you watched the Rose Bowl you saw the Wash kid hitting receivers in stride and throwing them open. Haskins just threw completions to wide open guys.
    In fact, the more I think about it, Haskins is very much in the mold of Lynch. A winner in college but not a show stopper. Big, tall, and looks like he can throw it thru a brick wall. Under pressure he can't hit the broad side of a barn and he'll get sacked a bunch as he holds onto the ball until he sees a wide open guy.

Nothing is wrong with Keenum problem is he needs an offensive line to protect him and some offensive recievers that can make plays, just my opinion but player execution was really lacking this year and I don't think you can hang it all on the coach

Quote Originally Posted by kona bronco View Post
    Hell yeah...Tua for Denver's next QB...
    Its amazing to me the mindset of some fans out there. All the moaning and groaning this season and the piss pore attitude and you are still willing to go through that all over again for what???

You really think that everything is just going to fall in place and it'll end up just the way you want it......right

Denver will not be picking #1 overall in fact I would put a wager that they will end next season closer to a winning record than they will the worst in the league.

Andy Jano 2017 adopted Bronco

Quote Originally Posted by Oxygen Bandit View Post
    Nothing is wrong with Keenum problem is he needs an offensive line to protect him and some offensive recievers that can make plays, just my opinion but player execution was really lacking this year and I don't think you can hang it all on the coach
    Well I like your enthusiasm but I have to disagree. Keenum was a massive failure and he knows it. The last game of the year was a perfect example, the defense picked off Rivers twice with great field position and all he could muster was 3 1st half points. He couldn't even score in garbage time.

Andy Jano 2017 adopted Bronco

If we’re serious about a rebuild and willing to be patient (Broncos fans are not; we think playoffs or fire everyone), then we need to eat Keenum’s contract for another year.

This is such a weak class and free agency for QBs that we ought to use our financial capital filling other holes vs. getting saddled with another “meh” QB in the hopes of clawing our way to playoffs when we need a full-on rebuild.

Quote Originally Posted by UnitedInOrange View Post
    If we’re serious about a rebuild and willing to be patient (Broncos fans are not; we think playoffs or fire everyone), then we need to eat Keenum’s contract for another year.

This is such a weak class and free agency for QBs that we ought to use our financial capital filling other holes vs. getting saddled with another “meh” QB in the hopes of clawing our way to playoffs when we need a full-on rebuild.
    In what ways is this draft class weak? Please do tell. Because there actually seem to be a solid 4 or 5 first round QBs. Sure, there are no top 5ers, but that is hardly damning.

Are you sure you watched this season??? I'm still waiting for someone to name ONE great game from Keenum all year....In 16 games, I can't name one where he was great. Sure the playcalling wasn't great (Musgrave is horrible), the injury bug hit, and the O line was horrible at times. Many teams in the league can say that, but Case gets a D in my book.

Quote Originally Posted by Papa-pwn View Post
    In what ways is this draft class weak? Please do tell. Because there actually seem to be a solid 4 or 5 first round QBs. Sure, there are no top 5ers, but that is hardly damning.
    I think there's three, but even then, we could at least see if one falls to us before giving Keenum the green light. I don't see how these guys are THAT much worse than Darnold, Allen, and Rosen.

Quote Originally Posted by champ&dreallday View Post
    Are you sure you watched this season??? I'm still waiting for someone to name ONE great game from Keenum all year....In 16 games, I can't name one where he was great. Sure the playcalling wasn't great (Musgrave is horrible), the injury bug hit, and the O line was horrible at times. Many teams in the league can say that, but Case gets a D in my book.
    I don't even know if you can use the injury and o-line excuses, because even early in the season when the team was healthy, and at times when he had good protection, he still struggled.

I don't understand why some refuse to admit he's simply not a good QB, honestly we probably would've been better off keeping Siemian this year, at least he would've been considerably cheaper.

Quote Originally Posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
    I don't even know if you can use the injury and o-line excuses, because even early in the season when the team was healthy, and at times when he had good protection, he still struggled.

I don't understand why some refuse to admit he's simply not a good QB, honestly we probably would've been better off keeping Siemian this year, at least he would've been considerably cheaper.
    Once you put the orange colored glasses on, I guess they're hard to take off. I said it long ago, QBs don't all of a sudden "get it" after being on their 4th or 5th team. Even after the season, many excuses get made for Case. Just the same with Elway. A LOT of this is on him as well, but people will make excuses for him as well. I don't think he should be fired, but his powers need to be limited/bring in someone else to assist in player acquisitions.

There is a lot wrong with Keenum.

Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad .....

Quote Originally Posted by Papa-pwn View Post
    I’ll take the media consensus over our scouting department’s or fanbase’s ability to assess a QB draft class.

But tell me, who are the 4-5 QBs that you think have franchise potential? More importantly, do you trust Elway to be able to recognize an elite QB unless they are a top 5 slam-dunk pick?