Page 116 of 117 FirstFirst ... 16 66 106 114 115 116 117 LastLast
Results 1,726 to 1,740 of 1750
    Quote Originally Posted by UnitedInOrange View Post
    I’ll take the media consensus over our scouting department’s or fanbase’s ability to assess a QB draft class.

But tell me, who are the 4-5 QBs that you think have franchise potential? More importantly, do you trust Elway to be able to recognize an elite QB unless they are a top 5 slam-dunk pick?
    I am with you in thinking there is no for sure cannot miss QB in this Year's Draft there just is not one. What I do not want to see is another well I have to draft a QB so I will reach for another 1st Round Busted Pick like a Paxton Lynch. Denver cannot afford another wasted 3 years at this Position JE has to get it right weather that is via Trade or Via FA or Draft however if I was JE I would just continue to draft Defense with the Top 10 Pick because there is no lying the JE has been Killing it with the Defensive Picks.

Quote Originally Posted by DENVERSB50CHAMP View Post
    I am with you in thinking there is no for sure cannot miss QB in this Year's Draft there just is not one. What I do not want to see is another well I have to draft a QB so I will reach for another 1st Round Busted Pick like a Paxton Lynch. Denver cannot afford another wasted 3 years at this Position JE has to get it right weather that is via Trade or Via FA or Draft however if I was JE I would just continue to draft Defense with the Top 10 Pick because there is no lying the JE has been Killing it with the Defensive Picks.
    Maybe some oline that doesn't have to hold to make a play????

Quote Originally Posted by champ&dreallday View Post
    Once you put the orange colored glasses on, I guess they're hard to take off. I said it long ago, QBs don't all of a sudden "get it" after being on their 4th or 5th team. Even after the season, many excuses get made for Case. Just the same with Elway. A LOT of this is on him as well, but people will make excuses for him as well. I don't think he should be fired, but his powers need to be limited/bring in someone else to assist in player acquisitions.
    It is not any harder to take off the orange colored glasses, than it is for some to realise that there are very few elite QB's in the world and that trying to draft one outside of the top picks is a massive long shot. It is also hard for some supposed fans to realise that every single QB at this level has things they don't do well. We have had an obscene amount of big plays lost to holding penalties, and the targets that Keenum was throwing to would also rank low.

Keenum has proven that he can win under the right conditions, and our draft capital goes a lot further in improving o-line and receiving core than in the fantazy of a QB like Mahomes. To win the division we need defense to play better and we need offense to play a lot better. While Keenum has thrown too many Int's and taken too many drive stopping sacks at bad times, they have typically been when we were in comeback mode. Many of Peytons scores in 2012 and 2013 were screen/short passes to Orange Julius, DT or Welker that resulted in huge gains. We do not have that fire power now and it was not Manning that made them.

10 TDs of short passes would have made a world of difference, and we have neither a great slot receiver, great TE or anyone to take the heat of Sanders. While the QB is the most important player, our offensive talent is not that good.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoFanDK View Post
    It is not any harder to take off the orange colored glasses, than it is for some to realise that there are very few elite QB's in the world and that trying to draft one outside of the top picks is a massive long shot. It is also hard for some supposed fans to realise that every single QB at this level has things they don't do well. We have had an obscene amount of big plays lost to holding penalties, and the targets that Keenum was throwing to would also rank low.

Keenum has proven that he can win under the right conditions, and our draft capital goes a lot further in improving o-line and receiving core than in the fantazy of a QB like Mahomes. To win the division we need defense to play better and we need offense to play a lot better. While Keenum has thrown too many Int's and taken too many drive stopping sacks at bad times, they have typically been when we were in comeback mode. Many of Peytons scores in 2012 and 2013 were screen/short passes to Orange Julius, DT or Welker that resulted in huge gains. We do not have that fire power now and it was not Manning that made them.

10 TDs of short passes would have made a world of difference, and we have neither a great slot receiver, great TE or anyone to take the heat of Sanders. While the QB is the most important player, our offensive talent is not that good.
    It's amazing to me that anyone can attempt to make excuses for one of the worst 5 QBs in football.

He was bottom 5, if not bottom 3, in completion %, TD %, YPA, QB rating, total QRB, and he threw the 2nd most INTs.

Our offensive talent, and our season, was held back by Keenum, if anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Papa-pwn View Post
    It's amazing to me that anyone can attempt to make excuses for one of the worst 5 QBs in football.

He was bottom 5, if not bottom 3, in completion %, TD %, YPA, QB rating, total QRB, and he threw the 2nd most INTs.

Our offensive talent, and our season, was held back by Keenum, if anything.
    Look up his 3rd down stats too.....not good. Why anyone still wants this guy is beyond me.

Andy Jano 2017 adopted Bronco

Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    Look up his 3rd down stats too.....not good. Why anyone still wants this guy is beyond me.
    Why anyone ever wanted that guy is still beyond me.

Oh that's right...he had 1 good season out of his previous 5 (now 6) bad seasons.

Oh and also because once you become a Denver Broncos you're magically better than you've never shown yourself to be.

Hell even the team he was playing for during that 1 good season didn't want him back.
    Last edited by Mel B.; 01-08-2019 at 08:28 AM.

Special thanks to Sam_Z for the SB rings collage above

Quote Originally Posted by Mel B. View Post
    Why anyone ever wanted that guy is still beyond me.

Oh that's right...he had 1 good season out of his previous 5 (now 6) bad seasons.

Oh and also because once you become a Denver Broncos you're magically better than you've never shown yourself to be.

Hell even the team he was playing for during that 1 good season didn't want him back.
    That last sentence pretty much says it all. Whatever anyone thought of Keenum vs Cousins, the team that knew Case at his best was willing to dump him and give a massive deal to a guy who had arguably a worse season than Case. But, did he really? The smart money knew that Case was playing out of his mind with Shurmur and the team proping him up - not to mention a receiving core which doesn't drop anything.
    But, I don't want this to be Case hating message. He's an OK to decent QB. If we had a great cast around him and a creative offensive coordinator we could win more games - probably get into that 10-6 record territory. So, having Case around in case our starter gets hurt is a good idea. Having him as the face and future of the franchise isn't a good idea.
    Elway has to get a QB, soon. The QB needs to be an arm and a QB brain which makes us all feel optimistic. Arm strength, accuracy, fast eyes and ability to fire on the move. Personally, I don't see that guy in this upcoming draft but I don't see that much non-Big 10 football, and lets face it, the Big 10 has not had that many great QBs lately.

There are very few elite QBs in the league, which is why from the beginning I can't understand how the OP was amazed by some college tape of Keenum and thought this guy who's basically been a backup his whole career, was expected to be "FOR REAL". It's not impossible, but rarely does that happen. Any QB can win in the right circumstances. Keenum was a failure this season. He wasn't going to be Drew Brees, but he wasn't supposed to be Mark Sanchez either. I'd take some of the INTs if they came with more TDs. Some of his INTs were just terrible, not to mention holding the ball too long/walking into sacks. Holding calls and flags have hurt the offense, but Keenum was pretty bad this season.

I was looking forward to the season when we got Case. Then in preseason he went three-and-out, and then the first game of the season I think he went three-and-out and when I put him on my Madden team he was terrible.
    Last edited by Capt. Jack; 01-08-2019 at 10:29 AM.

I also had High Hopes for Case However when I watched the first game of the Regular Season I thought okay his Timing is off and it is only a matter of time before he get is even though I thought he should of had it in Training Camp or Pre-Season however after the 3rd game when he had like 50 yards passing and it was in the 3rd Quarter I then knew right there that Case was just not going to get better and then Reality sunk in that Once again just like the Year before Denver just did not have a QB again and again Sad Times Indeed.

can't argue with that

Peace Love Happiness ✌🏾
    I would like to see a new quarterback in Denver, but letís not pretend Keenum didnít earn a shot to enter an offseason as the unquestioned starter.

The Broncos needed a quarterback that was better than what they had. They thought it was Keenum. It turned out that they were wrong.

I just hope they correct that mistake sooner rather than later.
    Negs are Cowardly Acts of Nonsense. I wonít Back Down.

I still maintain my stance that he is a stage prop from the movie mannequin 3
    Glen Haven Fire

Quote Originally Posted by armedequation View Post
    I still maintain my stance that he is a stage prop from the movie mannequin 3
    😂😂😂😂😂😂

Ah hell...
    😂😂😂😂

Quote Originally Posted by Saddletramp View Post
    ������������

Ah hell...
    ��������
    Maybe with good coaching he can play a lead role in footloose 2?
    Glen Haven Fire