Page 95 of 99 FirstFirst ... 45 85 93 94 95 96 97 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,425 of 1479
    Quote Originally Posted by DENVERSB50CHAMP View Post
    The only problem with this Logic is there is no QB in next years draft to groom. Now 2020 is different story.
    That may not be entirely true. Lots of talk about the fact that we're trying to utilize a lot of college concepts next year. There aren't any good traditional QB's in next years draft, but if we're looking to build a RPO offense similar to the chiefs, we have a few more options to choose from.

With the current offensive rules, I feel like the NFL is likely going to start heading in that direction as a whole in the next couple of years.

Quote Originally Posted by arapaho View Post
    the right coach could have made case workable and allowed us to make the post this year ...but we don't have that
    Yeah, I'm talking about next year when we have a new staff in place. I don't think Case should be in starter conversation beyond next year. Simply feel like cutting him after this year like some are suggesting would make no sense.

Quote Originally Posted by JW7 View Post
    Yeah, I'm talking about next year when we have a new staff in place. I don't think Case should be in starter conversation beyond next year. Simply feel like cutting him after this year like some are suggesting would make no sense.
    It doesnt as even if we draft a qb this year, i dont think hed be able to step in right away. It would be more preferable to do what the chiefs did with mahomes and alex smith
    Glen Haven Fire

You are right cutting him does not make solid financial sense. I ask you this if Vance Joseph is fired this year, how many coaching candidates want to jump in with Case Keenum as their starter next year, unless we have a very solid up and comer? I also was leary of Wentz in his draft year because D2 is not the NFL by any stretch. Goff was not fantastic in college either. Give both of them credit they improved on reading defenses and are Goff especially has really blossomed into a great QB this year.

You are also right about QB's maybe being better than you think if the system and coaching is right. It is still a little early to say there are no QB's that should be taken in the top 5 because they aren't NFL quality. I really think until you get a kid in and competing in front of real defenses it is really hard to absolutely know that you have your guy for the long term. There isn't a rookie QB that looks amazing this year, flashes of potential, but not so incredible everyone is kicking themselves for not taking him. Next year Darnold, Mayfield, maybe Rosen, and possibly Allen might start to really, weekly wow us.

Now I think Elway keeps Keenum and does what you are suggesting and drafts what he hopes is the future sees if he looks ready week 3+ and also has a new head coach. We will see if I am right about any of those predictions.

Quote Originally Posted by justabroncosfan View Post
    I was thinking about Chad Kelly today. Man, did he miss out on a likely opportunity to start for the broncos. If he were still on the roster and had not done what he did that warranted him getting cut, all of Broncos Country would be screaming for Kelly and probably would be of the mind to allow growing pains to happen. He would have started, I'm sure of it. What a shame.
    Hey Stena is making way too much money for the Broncos to start anybody in place of him. It doesn’t matter if Kelly was still on the team or not unless Keenum suffered an injury he will not be replaced.

Keenum is making way too much money for the broncos to start anybody in place of him.

It doesn’t matter if Kelly was still on the team or not unless Keenum suffered an injury he will not be replaced this season.

Now don’t make the mistake of thinking that I am supporting Keenum because I am not by any means I’m just stating he’s making too much money for them to put him on the pine.

I disagree. Same was said about the draft with Goff and Wentz during this time of the season of their upcoming draft and they are two of the better QB's in the league now. There is talent at the position in the upcoming draft, you just need to give them the right system and coaching staff to grow.
    Thats not how i remember it. The eagles made a couple of moves to get into position to draft wentz/goff. With what both teams gave up to move into position to draft those qbs, you can be sure they did their due diligence.

If you want we can draft easton stick. He is wentzs successor at ndsu. He doesnt to look to be drafted in the first though.
    Last edited by armedequation; 11-08-2018 at 12:39 PM.
    Glen Haven Fire

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    Hey Stena is making way too much money for the Broncos to start anybody in place of him. It doesn’t matter if Kelly was still on the team or not unless Keenum suffered an injury he will not be replaced.

Keenum is making way too much money for the broncos to start anybody in place of him.

It doesn’t matter if Kelly was still on the team or not unless Keenum suffered an injury he will not be replaced this season.

Now don’t make the mistake of thinking that I am supporting Keenum because I am not by any means I’m just stating he’s making too much money for them to put him on the pine.
    This is how I feel about it. I think all Kelly did was give Elway an excuse to get rid of Keenum's competition. I could be partly wrong about that, but Idt I'm completely off track there. I'm not saying what Kelly did wasn't a fireable offense either. That's where the excuse part comes in. I expect Keenum to be our QB next season, regardless of any bargain bin FA or rookie they bring in. They'll sell a coaching staff change to the fans.

I do wonder how they'll proceed with scouting next years quarterbacks. Elway tried the big QB twice. One was groomed under Manning, and the other was given three offseasons to convince them that he was a starter. I hope they remove "tall" as a qualifier, and "long term project" from the equation for at least the first 3 rounds. I don't want to see us draft a quarterback for the sake of doing so, but I really don't want to see us making the same scouting mistakes we've made in the past. I've never been an advocate of trading up for a quarterback, but the success rate seems to have gone up recently. I guess I wouldn't be against it if the quarterback they really like is there, whether that be at the top of the first or later. On the subject of scouting, I think it will be important to look at the similarities between Osweiler and Lynch, and remove any emphasis on those measurements. Not saying write a guy off just because he has things in common with them, just make sure you aren't giving him bonus points for it. Unless you just think you have back luck, and you're willing to stake your job on it working next time. Kind of hard to explain doing the same things with a low success rate to your boss, though.

There is reason why the Texans and Rams and Vikings moved on from Case just saying!

Quote Originally Posted by Spice 1 View Post
    This is how I feel about it. I think all Kelly did was give Elway an excuse to get rid of Keenum's competition. I could be partly wrong about that, but Idt I'm completely off track there. I'm not saying what Kelly did wasn't a fireable offense either. That's where the excuse part comes in. I expect Keenum to be our QB next season, regardless of any bargain bin FA or rookie they bring in. They'll sell a coaching staff change to the fans.

I do wonder how they'll proceed with scouting next years quarterbacks. Elway tried the big QB twice. One was groomed under Manning, and the other was given three offseasons to convince them that he was a starter. I hope they remove "tall" as a qualifier, and "long term project" from the equation for at least the first 3 rounds. I don't want to see us draft a quarterback for the sake of doing so, but I really don't want to see us making the same scouting mistakes we've made in the past. I've never been an advocate of trading up for a quarterback, but the success rate seems to have gone up recently. I guess I wouldn't be against it if the quarterback they really like is there, whether that be at the top of the first or later. On the subject of scouting, I think it will be important to look at the similarities between Osweiler and Lynch, and remove any emphasis on those measurements. Not saying write a guy off just because he has things in common with them, just make sure you aren't giving him bonus points for it. Unless you just think you have back luck, and you're willing to stake your job on it working next time. Kind of hard to explain doing the same things with a low success rate to your boss, though.
    I think this is why Elway and the current scouting department aside from Gary Kubiak need to just back off and allow Kubiak and whoever else/new head coach pick their own quarterback.

If we remove tall from the equation then that disqualifies Justin Herbert at 6/6.5

Unless it was a baker Mayfield or Sam Darnold staring Denver in the face at number five, I believe they made the right choice with Bradley Chubb.

I did not want to see another bad QB selection made by Elway and looking back in hindsight for those saying “Elway should had taken a QB at 5”, are any of you really truely thinking Josh Allen or Josh Rosen over Bradley Chubb would had been the right choice? They were basically the only two available at that time!

I did not want to see another bad QB selection made by Elway and looking back in hindsight for those saying “Elway should had taken a QB at 5”, are any of you really truely thinking Josh Allen or Josh Rosen over Bradley Chubb would had been the right choice? They were basically the only two available at that time!
    Josh Allen, no, he looks like what he though he was projected to be, a mid round pick who can make a flash throw every now and then, but not deserving of the high draft status he received. Josh Rosen, I think he would of been a great pick. Josh Rosen fell for silly reasons, he was the consensus top guy all season long leading up to the draft, and he was hurt by the draft process, but his tape was 1a or 1b to Sam Darnolds.

I think Josh Rosen is going to be great, and he is showing promise and progress already in this NFL season. Did we see how he bounced back after the loss to Denver where he was killed ? He looked great for most of the game and led a 4th quarter come back win, and some of those throws showed what he can be, and what I think he will be.

I really like Chubb, I wasn't mad at the Chubb pick, but I was big on Rosen and the only reason I was okay with passing on him was because we had Chad Kelly. But right now with no quarterback to develop, to have even the slightest hope for the future for, while being stuck with Keenum, I would prefer to have Rosen out there right now for Denver than Chubb.

I think this is why Elway and the current scouting department aside from Gary Kubiak need to just back off and allow Kubiak and whoever else/new head coach pick their own quarterback.

If we remove tall from the equation then that disqualifies Justin Herbert at 6/6.5

Unless it was a baker Mayfield or Sam Darnold staring Denver in the face at number five, I believe they made the right choice with Bradley Chubb.

I wasn't clear on that. I'm not saying make tall a disqualifier (qualifier was the wrong word), I'm saying don't make that a positive. I agree with you about Chubb. I would've been ok with Rosen, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Spice 1 View Post
    I wasn't clear on that. I'm not saying make tall a disqualifier (qualifier was the wrong word), I'm saying don't make that a positive. I agree with you about Chubb. I would've been ok with Rosen, though.
    It shouldn't be a positive or a negative. Just one thing to consider when looking at the whole picture. Ive seen plenty of tall qbs have passes batted down at the line or not be able to see appropriately to make the proper read.

With lynch it was that he was tall and athletic. I didnt hear about his football acumen or that he had the intelligence and drive.

That why my favorite qb in this years draft is daniel jones from duke. Hes a cutcliffe product so you know he will have the football knowledge and will be set up with the tools to succeed. A broken clavicle kept him sidelined for only 2 weeks before coming back. He can make all the nfl throws...im starting to talk myself into wanting him with our first pick and thats not what ive been saying previously
    Glen Haven Fire

Thread cleaned again.

Please remember, everyone is entitled to their opinion. Doesn't mean they're wrong just because it differs from yours.
    Administrator

#LupusAwareness

Adopted Bronco: Derek Wolfe --- I adopted: Everyone!

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

I think starting Case next year is better than starting an unproven rookie QB.
    (JMO)

Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Jack View Post
    I think starting Case next year is better than starting an unproven rookie QB.
    (JMO)
    Interesting you'd think that, considering Keenum staticistly is ranked down with the rookies who are starting this year. If we're going to get similar production out of a rookie, why not just start him right away and let him learn on the fly? He's not going to learn much watching Keenum tbh.

Anyway, how long do you think the fans would give Keenum if there was a rookie sitting behind him? They'd be booing him off the field by week 2.

It's simply not going to work that way, if they draft a rookie 1st or even 2nd round, but still think they can start Keenum, he's going to be benched by week 6, guaranteed