View Poll Results: Who Would You Rather Was the Backup?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tebow

20 76.92%
  • Lynch

6 23.08%
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Who Would You Rather Was On the Team?

Tebow or Lynch?
    Rod Smith for the HOF. TEBOW RULES!

Tebow. And he never had the silver-spoon development that Paxton is having, with 3 offseasons to show something with the same team.
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607

Tebow also. He had heart, and could get players to play hard. Lynch can't.

Easy...the player who won a playoff game
    Glen Haven Fire

I agree, I'd rather have Tebow at this point.

But, I also feel we'll be looking back and seeing that Lynch is the better QB. Even if he's no longer in Denver.
    *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
    *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
    *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*

There is so much that factors in that decision. As for pure energy and will, Tebow in spades but then what would we do at this point with all the receivers if Tebow got on the field? With Tebow behind center you need to dominate the trenches and be able to run 30-40 times a game. The real comparison between the two is neither can read the defense well and go past their first read.

Tebow was a heck of a lot more fun to watch in the 4th quarter though. Bad for blood pressure and adrenaline addiction.

Lynch- He's still developing........................................ ..............

I think Musgrave made a very valid point today. " What did he have at Memphis 8 plays" This is very telling to me.
    GO BRONCO'S !!!!!

Not to offend but to some degree I like the keyword in the title...."Was".

But looking forward, I hope that Lynch develops and matures into a good backup if nothing else.

Honestly, I think Tebow would have more success in today's NFL with all the zone-read influence in the playbooks. He arrived in the league just a bit too early, when coaches were still reluctant to install a system based on what the QB did in college. What Mike McCoy did in 2011 was installing a few plays in the middle of the season, a band-aid during desperation, which is completely different from really building a playbook for a zone-read QB like the Eagles did with Wentz, the Chiefs with Alex Smith, and now the Texans are doing with Watson.
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607

Tebow couldn't cut it as a passer in the NFL. Once Denver moved on no other team gave him any sort of chance, because he couldn't play at the NFL level. He couldn't come close to unseating Mark Sanchez or Greg McElroy in New York. And then he failed to make the Eagles roster, despite Chip Kelly bringing in an offense that fit towards his strengths. He had heart, but you need to be able to play in order to do anything with heart at this level.

Lynch looks incapable of playing at the NFL level, but he's still getting his chance to prove he can't.

So I'll take option C, none of the above.

Quote Originally Posted by -Rod- View Post
    Honestly, I think Tebow would have more success in today's NFL with all the zone-read influence in the playbooks. He arrived in the league just a bit too early, when coaches were still reluctant to install a system based on what the QB did in college. What Mike McCoy did in 2011 was installing a few plays in the middle of the season, a band-aid during desperation, which is completely different from really building a playbook for a zone-read QB like the Eagles did with Wentz, the Chiefs with Alex Smith, and now the Texans are doing with Watson.
    Chip Kelly brought in a zone based no huddle offense and signed Tebow and he failed to make the team. Ultimately the problem Tebow would run into today is the same as what he ran into in 2011. He couldn't make defenses pay consistently for them taking away the run. He was good against Pittsburgh and made them pay dearly for going all cover 0, but he couldn't make defenses pay when they passively rushed 4 and the backers sat back there waiting for him to run.

Today you've got more of an run/pass option influence, but again once he reads pass, could he make a precision throw quickly in order to make defenses pay?

Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    Tebow couldn't cut it as a passer in the NFL.
    As pure passer, yes, he wasn't what the NFL wants. To make things more complicated, Tebow also was not a good practice QB because of how erratic he was as a pure passer. You had to put in the mix his threat as a runner. The same could be said for Michael Vick, for example. Vick completed 44.2% of his passes as a rookie and was a 50.0% passer in his 3rd year. In a short period of time, Tebow broke the record for the longest QB run in Broncos history. I believe his 660 rushing yards in 2011 also are the Broncos record at QB. Then, he could throw for 316 yards against the #1 defense in the playoffs, mostly because that defense had to respect his threat as a runner.

Like Cam Newton, Tebow has the frame to take hits as a runner and keep going. He forced players like Revis make "business decisions" and even ran into James Harrison without any issues. Not many QBs can run for a 40-yard TD while carrying the body type of a FB/TE. Also, despite lacking short and intermediate accuracy, Tebow had the ability to hit the deep throws, as he did it with Brandon Lloyd, Decker, DT.

In 2015, Chip Kelly had an offense for Sam Bradford, his starting QB, which is not the same as building an offense for Tebow. They are extreme opposites as QBs.

Quote Originally Posted by -Rod- View Post
    As pure passer, yes, he wasn't what the NFL wants. To make things more complicated, Tebow also was not a good practice QB because of how erratic he was as a pure passer. You had to put in the mix his threat as a runner. The same could be said for Michael Vick, for example. Vick completed 44.2% of his passes as a rookie and was a 50.0% passer in his 3rd year. In a short period of time, Tebow broke the record for the longest QB run in Broncos history. I believe his 660 rushing yards in 2011 also are the Broncos record at QB. Then, he could throw for 316 yards against the #1 defense in the playoffs, mostly because that defense had to respect his threat as a runner.

Like Cam Newton, Tebow has the frame to take hits as a runner and keep going. He forced players like Revis make "business decisions" and even ran into James Harrison without any issues. Not many QBs can run for a 40-yard TD while carrying the body type of a FB/TE. Also, despite lacking short and intermediate accuracy, Tebow had the ability to hit the deep throws, as he did it with Brandon Lloyd, Decker, DT.

In 2015, Chip Kelly had an offense for Sam Bradford, his starting QB, which is not the same as building an offense for Tebow. They are extreme opposites as QBs.
    First, the win over Pittsburgh was a poor game plan, not them respecting him as a runner. They went all in with cover 0, and blitzed nonstop, he did a good job of completing some passes against that, and the Broncos O-line did a good job of opening up some running lanes. But the game plan to beat him was shown by New England, Buffalo and KC. It was to rush 4 passively and have the linebackers wait for him to run. They took away his scramble lanes and forced him to beat them with his arm, and he proved repeatedly that he could not.

I would also point out that the reason Chip Kelly failed in the NFL was because he brought in his college offense and refused to change it for the pros and the players he had. When players didn't buy in he moved them to bring in fits for his scheme. It favoured speed of getting plays off and sacrificed formations and play numbers. With Sam Bradford they just changed the zone reads into full gives.

But in 2013 the Eagles QBs (Foles and Vick) carried the ball 93 times for 527 yards and 5 touchdowns. In 2014 (Foles and Sanchez) it was 50 times for 155 yards and 1 touchdown. In 2015 if Tebow had been worth a roster spot they would have kept him and used the same zone reads they ran with Foles and Vick in 2013.

Tebow. Only for his GOALINE REDZONE MASTERY! Remember his 2010 Rookie season?
    oh YEAH?

At this point in time looking back. Tebow by far. He had the heart of a champion and it showed in the 4 th when it was close and we needed a play. He alos showed some great qualities as a leader along the way imo.He came in and took a 1-4 team and went to the playoffs and then beat the eelers. While Lynch might have some athletic ability and an arm, he has yet to show anything near the success Tebow did nor the heart or leadership.

If I had to pick today between the 2 based on past performance, I wouldn't think twice. I would pick Tebow and I would bring a coach who could work with him and develop an offense around his abilities.
    My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter