View Poll Results: Who Would You Rather Was the Backup?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tebow

    20 76.92%
  • Lynch

    6 23.08%
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 110
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    21,219
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    Tebow couldn't cut it as a passer in the NFL. Once Denver moved on no other team gave him any sort of chance, because he couldn't play at the NFL level. He couldn't come close to unseating Mark Sanchez or Greg McElroy in New York. And then he failed to make the Eagles roster, despite Chip Kelly bringing in an offense that fit towards his strengths. He had heart, but you need to be able to play in order to do anything with heart at this level.

    Lynch looks incapable of playing at the NFL level, but he's still getting his chance to prove he can't.

    So I'll take option C, none of the above.
    hahahahaha...that's what I was going to say. I can't believe anyone actually voted for Tebow. He proved he couldn't play QB at this level. Lynch is on his way but at least it sounds like he is improving.

    Lynch only started 1 game last year and completed 67% of his passes. Tebow never did. Lynch threw for 254 yards. Tebow only did that once...and as Butler pointed out that was against cover 0 including the 80 yard overtime play. Tebow did win 6 games in a row as a starter but completed more than 10 passes in only 1 of those games and that was trhe Chicago game where we won because their RB went out of bounds



    here is the read option

    Last edited by broncos SB2010; 08-01-2018 at 08:58 PM.

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Nelson, BC
    Posts
    18,743
    I would rather they both was on the team... as in past tense
    http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

    Adopted Bronco: Andy Janovich

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    21,219
    Quote Originally Posted by EddieMac View Post
    I would rather they both was on the team... as in past tense
    that very well might happen soon

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Las Manzanitas, NM
    Posts
    31,053
    I don't get it. TT has been out of football for three years. Currently he is a minor league player in the Mets' organization and is on the DL with an injured hand. PL is in the Denver Broncos' TC and may be on the roster come September. This poll is pointless.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Roskilde, Denmark
    Posts
    2,863
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    First, the win over Pittsburgh was a poor game plan, not them respecting him as a runner. They went all in with cover 0, and blitzed nonstop, he did a good job of completing some passes against that, and the Broncos O-line did a good job of opening up some running lanes. But the game plan to beat him was shown by New England, Buffalo and KC. It was to rush 4 passively and have the linebackers wait for him to run. They took away his scramble lanes and forced him to beat them with his arm, and he proved repeatedly that he could not.
    It is quite derogatory to chuck the Pittsburgh win down to "a poor game plan". Exceeding all playoff performances and setting all time NFL records are not casual flukes. Pittsburgh's game plan followed exactly what the majority of his "critics" claim was the golden manual on winning - force Tebow to win the game with his arm!

    The result of forcing Tebow to throw from the pocket was that he produced the most passing yards in a playoff debut in NFL history, produced the highest passer rating of any Broncos QB ever in a playoff game, became the only NFL QB to ever to complete four passes of 30 yards or more in a single quarter of an NFL playoff game, with 51, 30, 58, & 40, produced the most yards per attempt in a playoff game in NFL history, produced the most yards per completion in a playoff game and fewest passes to 300+ yards in any NFL game, became the only quarterback in NFL history to throw three 50+ yard passes in a playoff game and threw the longest touchdown pass in NFL playoff history in overtime in the shortest overtime winning play in history.

    As for the "game plan to beat him", Patriots in w15 beat "Tebow" by scoring at will, irrespective that we scored on our first 3 possessions, and kind of lost the edge when both McGahee and Moreno were injured, Buffalo showed that if you score on ST and put up points that mistakes happen when you must take chances as they also did for our other QBs, and the KC defensive game looked like the game plan used by Steelers, except that KC could cover one on one with the CBs. KC was a practice run and the 1st TD of the Steelers game was a replaca where Tebow had learned from mistakes in the KC game so he moved the safety before the TD to Eddie Royal.

    Tebow was replaced by the best FA QB ever signed in NFL and Tebow won in spite of some glaring flaws. I definately would rather have the fastest player in NFL history to six game-winning drives, the one producing the largest comeback win in Broncos history (later surpassed by Manning), the one producing the largest comeback in NFL history within the last 3 minutes and the guy that reached Elway’s career total for 13+ Point Fourth-Quarter Comebacks by his 4th start.

    No one knows what Tebow would have become if he had gotten the support and coaching, but the facts are that irrespective of the three HCs in 2 years, the strike, and the less than enthusiastic support of Tebow from both Foxey and Elway, Tebow produced results than exceeds every other young QB Broncos have had over a similar time frame. The 2010 games seemed so much more fluid in the use of screens to Buckhalter, scoring was roughly 7 points more per game. Tebow was a combination some aspects of dominance that NFL has never seen and some horrendous flaws, where small improvements could pay huge dividends.
    Last edited by BroncoFanDK; 08-02-2018 at 12:53 AM.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    West Coast, Denmark
    Posts
    8,488
    Tebow, of course.
    Adopted Poster
    AZ Snake Fan

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Granada Nicaragua
    Posts
    9,168
    Telynchbow

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    21,219
    Quote Originally Posted by BroncoFanDK View Post
    It is quite derogatory to chuck the Pittsburgh win down to "a poor game plan". Exceeding all playoff performances and setting all time NFL records are not casual flukes. Pittsburgh's game plan followed exactly what the majority of his "critics" claim was the golden manual on winning - force Tebow to win the game with his arm!

    The result of forcing Tebow to throw from the pocket was that he produced the most passing yards in a playoff debut in NFL history, produced the highest passer rating of any Broncos QB ever in a playoff game, became the only NFL QB to ever to complete four passes of 30 yards or more in a single quarter of an NFL playoff game, with 51, 30, 58, & 40, produced the most yards per attempt in a playoff game in NFL history, produced the most yards per completion in a playoff game and fewest passes to 300+ yards in any NFL game, became the only quarterback in NFL history to throw three 50+ yard passes in a playoff game and threw the longest touchdown pass in NFL playoff history in overtime in the shortest overtime winning play in history.

    As for the "game plan to beat him", Patriots in w15 beat "Tebow" by scoring at will, irrespective that we scored on our first 3 possessions, and kind of lost the edge when both McGahee and Moreno were injured, Buffalo showed that if you score on ST and put up points that mistakes happen when you must take chances as they also did for our other QBs, and the KC defensive game looked like the game plan used by Steelers, except that KC could cover one on one with the CBs. KC was a practice run and the 1st TD of the Steelers game was a replaca where Tebow had learned from mistakes in the KC game so he moved the safety before the TD to Eddie Royal.

    Tebow was replaced by the best FA QB ever signed in NFL and Tebow won in spite of some glaring flaws. I definately would rather have the fastest player in NFL history to six game-winning drives, the one producing the largest comeback win in Broncos history (later surpassed by Manning), the one producing the largest comeback in NFL history within the last 3 minutes and the guy that reached Elway’s career total for 13+ Point Fourth-Quarter Comebacks by his 4th start.

    No one knows what Tebow would have become if he had gotten the support and coaching, but the facts are that irrespective of the three HCs in 2 years, the strike, and the less than enthusiastic support of Tebow from both Foxey and Elway, Tebow produced results than exceeds every other young QB Broncos have had over a similar time frame. The 2010 games seemed so much more fluid in the use of screens to Buckhalter, scoring was roughly 7 points more per game. Tebow was a combination some aspects of dominance that NFL has never seen and some horrendous flaws, where small improvements could pay huge dividends.
    lets not forget this info:

    When the Broncos defense was on the field, offensive coaches would often tell Tebow the first series of plays they wanted to run when the team got the ball back. Tebow would nod, and they'd separate. And then, invariably, a short while later he'd ask for the information again. Sometimes this ritual would repeat right up until Tebow had to duck into the huddle and call the play. As a result, despite starting only 11 games in 2011, Tebow was flagged for delay of game an NFL-high seven times. Worse still was the fact that, according to scouts, Tebow almost never audibled because he struggled to quickly and properly read defenses. And of all the deadly sins Tebow committed against quarterbacking, this was the worst: lacking the self-awareness to recognize and fix these shortcomings. Maybe the most shocking part of Tebowmania isn't that he has been cast out of the NFL after just three years but that he lasted as long as he did.


  9. #24
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    21,219
    Quote Originally Posted by BroncoFanDK View Post
    It is quite derogatory to chuck the Pittsburgh win down to "a poor game plan". Exceeding all playoff performances and setting all time NFL records are not casual flukes. Pittsburgh's game plan followed exactly what the majority of his "critics" claim was the golden manual on winning - force Tebow to win the game with his arm!

    The result of forcing Tebow to throw from the pocket was that he produced the most passing yards in a playoff debut in NFL history, produced the highest passer rating of any Broncos QB ever in a playoff game, became the only NFL QB to ever to complete four passes of 30 yards or more in a single quarter of an NFL playoff game, with 51, 30, 58, & 40, produced the most yards per attempt in a playoff game in NFL history, produced the most yards per completion in a playoff game and fewest passes to 300+ yards in any NFL game, became the only quarterback in NFL history to throw three 50+ yard passes in a playoff game and threw the longest touchdown pass in NFL playoff history in overtime in the shortest overtime winning play in history.

    As for the "game plan to beat him", Patriots in w15 beat "Tebow" by scoring at will, irrespective that we scored on our first 3 possessions, and kind of lost the edge when both McGahee and Moreno were injured, Buffalo showed that if you score on ST and put up points that mistakes happen when you must take chances as they also did for our other QBs, and the KC defensive game looked like the game plan used by Steelers, except that KC could cover one on one with the CBs. KC was a practice run and the 1st TD of the Steelers game was a replaca where Tebow had learned from mistakes in the KC game so he moved the safety before the TD to Eddie Royal.

    Tebow was replaced by the best FA QB ever signed in NFL and Tebow won in spite of some glaring flaws. I definately would rather have the fastest player in NFL history to six game-winning drives, the one producing the largest comeback win in Broncos history (later surpassed by Manning), the one producing the largest comeback in NFL history within the last 3 minutes and the guy that reached Elway’s career total for 13+ Point Fourth-Quarter Comebacks by his 4th start.

    No one knows what Tebow would have become if he had gotten the support and coaching, but the facts are that irrespective of the three HCs in 2 years, the strike, and the less than enthusiastic support of Tebow from both Foxey and Elway, Tebow produced results than exceeds every other young QB Broncos have had over a similar time frame. The 2010 games seemed so much more fluid in the use of screens to Buckhalter, scoring was roughly 7 points more per game. Tebow was a combination some aspects of dominance that NFL has never seen and some horrendous flaws, where small improvements could pay huge dividends.
    It's not derogatory, it's true. Look at the game winning play. The entire Steelers D is within 5 yards of the LoS when the ball is snapped. When have you ever seen something like befroe?


  10. #25
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Roskilde, Denmark
    Posts
    2,863
    Quote Originally Posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    It's not derogatory, it's true. Look at the game winning play. The entire Steelers D is within 5 yards of the LoS when the ball is snapped. When have you ever seen something like befroe?

    We did the same several times against Cam Newton in SB50 and again in W1/2016. When a team is as dangerous as the Broncos was for running, and you run on first down the previous 20 times, then defenses get suckered in. Our defense got to Cam 8 of 10 times and got in his head. Steelers did not really get to Tebow in that game, and they got burned again and again. Steelers and Ravens play this way frequently with everyone within 5 yards, but usually drop some and rush some - the difference here was that they went 100% after the run which people did with Vick, they do with Cam..

    This is not different from what we saw with Manning that was so pass heavy that you saw RBs break out huge runs. Defenses always have to play the odds and when you need 8-9 men in the box to stop the run, then people get open. When you have a D-line that can push the pocket then the Tebow's, Cam Newton's.... have to do things different. That was what ex. NE succeeded with in 2nd half of the w15 and in the divisional.

    In the end young QB's are tricked by things they have not been burned by before - their job is to screw up enough that they learn and not enough to loose the game. I just have not seen things with Lynch that made me expect that he would have success.
    Last edited by BroncoFanDK; 08-02-2018 at 08:00 AM.

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Roskilde, Denmark
    Posts
    2,863
    Quote Originally Posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    lets not forget this info:

    When the Broncos defense was on the field, offensive coaches would often tell Tebow the first series of plays they wanted to run when the team got the ball back. Tebow would nod, and they'd separate. And then, invariably, a short while later he'd ask for the information again. Sometimes this ritual would repeat right up until Tebow had to duck into the huddle and call the play..........
    You can find many derogatory articles - just go look for anything from Merrill Hodge, Steven A Smith.....
    Maybe at the same time you might remember that Elway lined up wrong, got benched half ways through his first three starts, lost his starting job...., scored less, threw more interceptions, won less....

    The sad thing is that there are actually people that hate this guy so much that they will shift through his game film to highlight every bad throw he has made. How exactly do you think a hate tape of Elway, Cutler, Rookie Payton... would look?

    In the end this thread was to evaluate Tebow against Lynch, but it is hard to see that you make a valid argument for Lynch.

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Granada Nicaragua
    Posts
    9,168
    Tebow could at least provide some use as a goal line/2 point conversion machine.

    As of now, Lynch doesn't really offer anything of any value.

    I love Tebow, but he really can't play QB. Although to date the same can be said for Lynch...

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    5,280
    Posts
    6,564
    Quote Originally Posted by PowderAddict View Post
    Tebow could at least provide some use as a goal line/2 point conversion machine.

    As of now, Lynch doesn't really offer anything of any value.

    I love Tebow, but he really can't play QB. Although to date the same can be said for Lynch...
    Tebow could play football though. Jury is out on Lynch.

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    21,219
    Quote Originally Posted by Houshmazode View Post
    Tebow could play football though. Jury is out on Lynch.
    Could he? he averaged 150 yards/game and 1 TD/game over his 11 game run in 2011. 2 out of 8 and 6 out of 22 in 2 games against KC.


  15. #30
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    21,219
    Quote Originally Posted by BroncoFanDK View Post
    You can find many derogatory articles - just go look for anything from Merrill Hodge, Steven A Smith.....
    Maybe at the same time you might remember that Elway lined up wrong, got benched half ways through his first three starts, lost his starting job...., scored less, threw more interceptions, won less....

    The sad thing is that there are actually people that hate this guy so much that they will shift through his game film to highlight every bad throw he has made. How exactly do you think a hate tape of Elway, Cutler, Rookie Payton... would look?

    In the end this thread was to evaluate Tebow against Lynch, but it is hard to see that you make a valid argument for Lynch.
    Looks like they were right doesn't it? NFL fans who jumped on Hoge for accurately assessing Tebow owe him an apology. He told the truth better than Tebow throws a football.

    lets see...
    Elway...HoF
    Manning...HoF
    Cutler.....12 year solid carreer

    tebow....14 game starter. Love how you guys compare tebow to Some of the best QBs in the history of the league and others who had solid careers
    Last edited by broncos SB2010; 08-02-2018 at 09:56 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •