View Poll Results: Who Would You Rather Was the Backup?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tebow

    20 76.92%
  • Lynch

    6 23.08%
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 110
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    32,692
    Quote Originally Posted by PowderAddict View Post
    Tebow could at least provide some use as a goal line/2 point conversion machine.

    As of now, Lynch doesn't really offer anything of any value.

    I love Tebow, but he really can't play QB. Although to date the same can be said for Lynch...
    Hey dude!!! Glad to see you here!!


  2. #32
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    5,280
    Posts
    6,527
    Quote Originally Posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    Could he? he averaged 150 yards/game and 1 TD/game over his 11 game run in 2011. 2 out of 8 and 6 out of 22 in 2 games against KC.

    I said he was a good football player, which he was. Not a good qb. Would prefer to not think about his passing skills.
    2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    21,134
    Quote Originally Posted by Houshmazode View Post
    I said he was a good football player, which he was. Not a good qb. Would prefer to not think about his passing skills.
    I don't know if I would say he was a good football either. He was a great COLLEGE player, maybe one of the best, but I don't think so in the NFL. He was too slow to be a RB type and couldn't catch or block when people suggested he move to TE.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    5,280
    Posts
    6,527
    Quote Originally Posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    I don't know if I would say he was a good football either. He was a great COLLEGE player, maybe one of the best, but I don't think so in the NFL. He was too slow to be a RB type and couldn't catch or block when people suggested he move to TE.
    Might have been a decent fullback.

    For what it's all worth, Tebow showed me a lot more skill on the football field than Lynch has to this point. And that isn't saying much.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    1,581
    Why am I being presented with a choice between a guy who proved he couldn't make it in the NFL after washing out with 4 teams and a guy who hasn't shown the ability to start after 3 years? I choose option C, none of the above.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    Posts
    14,384
    Quote Originally Posted by BroncoFanDK View Post
    It is quite derogatory to chuck the Pittsburgh win down to "a poor game plan". Exceeding all playoff performances and setting all time NFL records are not casual flukes. Pittsburgh's game plan followed exactly what the majority of his "critics" claim was the golden manual on winning - force Tebow to win the game with his arm!

    The result of forcing Tebow to throw from the pocket was that he produced the most passing yards in a playoff debut in NFL history, produced the highest passer rating of any Broncos QB ever in a playoff game, became the only NFL QB to ever to complete four passes of 30 yards or more in a single quarter of an NFL playoff game, with 51, 30, 58, & 40, produced the most yards per attempt in a playoff game in NFL history, produced the most yards per completion in a playoff game and fewest passes to 300+ yards in any NFL game, became the only quarterback in NFL history to throw three 50+ yard passes in a playoff game and threw the longest touchdown pass in NFL playoff history in overtime in the shortest overtime winning play in history.

    As for the "game plan to beat him", Patriots in w15 beat "Tebow" by scoring at will, irrespective that we scored on our first 3 possessions, and kind of lost the edge when both McGahee and Moreno were injured, Buffalo showed that if you score on ST and put up points that mistakes happen when you must take chances as they also did for our other QBs, and the KC defensive game looked like the game plan used by Steelers, except that KC could cover one on one with the CBs. KC was a practice run and the 1st TD of the Steelers game was a replaca where Tebow had learned from mistakes in the KC game so he moved the safety before the TD to Eddie Royal.

    Tebow was replaced by the best FA QB ever signed in NFL and Tebow won in spite of some glaring flaws. I definately would rather have the fastest player in NFL history to six game-winning drives, the one producing the largest comeback win in Broncos history (later surpassed by Manning), the one producing the largest comeback in NFL history within the last 3 minutes and the guy that reached Elway’s career total for 13+ Point Fourth-Quarter Comebacks by his 4th start.

    No one knows what Tebow would have become if he had gotten the support and coaching, but the facts are that irrespective of the three HCs in 2 years, the strike, and the less than enthusiastic support of Tebow from both Foxey and Elway, Tebow produced results than exceeds every other young QB Broncos have had over a similar time frame. The 2010 games seemed so much more fluid in the use of screens to Buckhalter, scoring was roughly 7 points more per game. Tebow was a combination some aspects of dominance that NFL has never seen and some horrendous flaws, where small improvements could pay huge dividends.
    It's not derogatory to point out that the Steelers had an awful game plan and Lebeau refused to change it. The way to beat Tebow was shown by other teams and he ignored that and instead went cover 0 press. Which means a slant pass can become a long touchdown, because you've got no one to help tackle on even a 5 yard pass.

    That's not taking anything away from Tebow, he made some plays in that game (the pass to Royal in the end zone being the best) and he made them pay for their poor choices.

    As for what Tebow would have become, I think it's pretty obvious he would have never become an NFL QB because of his passing. If there was any doubt on that it should be erased by the fact he's attempted 8 passes in the NFL since the 2011 season. Coaches are in the business of winning games, if they don't they get fired. If an NFL coach thought he had the chance they'd have brought him in. But Belichcik (who will add anyone who can help him win) passed on him. And Chip Kelly passed on him despite an O that would have fit his strengths.

    As for the comparison of Elway and Tebow, one is in the HOF and the other has attempted 8 passes since all of those comebacks, and we're coming up on 6 years since he attempted the last of those 8 passes.

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    21,134
    Quote Originally Posted by BroncoFanDK View Post
    It is quite derogatory to chuck the Pittsburgh win down to "a poor game plan". Exceeding all playoff performances and setting all time NFL records are not casual flukes. Pittsburgh's game plan followed exactly what the majority of his "critics" claim was the golden manual on winning - force Tebow to win the game with his arm!

    The result of forcing Tebow to throw from the pocket was that he produced the most passing yards in a playoff debut in NFL history, produced the highest passer rating of any Broncos QB ever in a playoff game, became the only NFL QB to ever to complete four passes of 30 yards or more in a single quarter of an NFL playoff game, with 51, 30, 58, & 40, produced the most yards per attempt in a playoff game in NFL history, produced the most yards per completion in a playoff game and fewest passes to 300+ yards in any NFL game, became the only quarterback in NFL history to throw three 50+ yard passes in a playoff game and threw the longest touchdown pass in NFL playoff history in overtime in the shortest overtime winning play in history.

    As for the "game plan to beat him", Patriots in w15 beat "Tebow" by scoring at will, irrespective that we scored on our first 3 possessions, and kind of lost the edge when both McGahee and Moreno were injured, Buffalo showed that if you score on ST and put up points that mistakes happen when you must take chances as they also did for our other QBs, and the KC defensive game looked like the game plan used by Steelers, except that KC could cover one on one with the CBs. KC was a practice run and the 1st TD of the Steelers game was a replaca where Tebow had learned from mistakes in the KC game so he moved the safety before the TD to Eddie Royal.

    Tebow was replaced by the best FA QB ever signed in NFL and Tebow won in spite of some glaring flaws. I definately would rather have the fastest player in NFL history to six game-winning drives, the one producing the largest comeback win in Broncos history (later surpassed by Manning), the one producing the largest comeback in NFL history within the last 3 minutes and the guy that reached Elway’s career total for 13+ Point Fourth-Quarter Comebacks by his 4th start.

    No one knows what Tebow would have become if he had gotten the support and coaching, but the facts are that irrespective of the three HCs in 2 years, the strike, and the less than enthusiastic support of Tebow from both Foxey and Elway, Tebow produced results than exceeds every other young QB Broncos have had over a similar time frame. The 2010 games seemed so much more fluid in the use of screens to Buckhalter, scoring was roughly 7 points more per game. Tebow was a combination some aspects of dominance that NFL has never seen and some horrendous flaws, where small improvements could pay huge dividends.
    just have to comment on this one again...

    aspects of dominance that the NFL has never seen? I must have missed that dominance somewhere....

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    Posts
    14,384
    Quote Originally Posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    just have to comment on this one again...

    aspects of dominance that the NFL has never seen? I must have missed that dominance somewhere....
    Perhaps the NFL hasn't seen it because he couldn't make an NFL roster after it was shown he needed a very specific playbook to have any semblance of success?

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Gtown
    Posts
    4,243
    It's been 7 years since the likes of tim tebow was a Starting QB in the league. Why not see if Craig Penrose, Norris Weese, or Alan Pastrana are available? All 3 were better passers.

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    1,581
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    It's not derogatory to point out that the Steelers had an awful game plan and Lebeau refused to change it. The way to beat Tebow was shown by other teams and he ignored that and instead went cover 0 press. Which means a slant pass can become a long touchdown, because you've got no one to help tackle on even a 5 yard pass.

    That's not taking anything away from Tebow, he made some plays in that game (the pass to Royal in the end zone being the best) and he made them pay for their poor choices.

    As for what Tebow would have become, I think it's pretty obvious he would have never become an NFL QB because of his passing. If there was any doubt on that it should be erased by the fact he's attempted 8 passes in the NFL since the 2011 season. Coaches are in the business of winning games, if they don't they get fired. If an NFL coach thought he had the chance they'd have brought him in. But Belichcik (who will add anyone who can help him win) passed on him. And Chip Kelly passed on him despite an O that would have fit his strengths.

    As for the comparison of Elway and Tebow, one is in the HOF and the other has attempted 8 passes since all of those comebacks, and we're coming up on 6 years since he attempted the last of those 8 passes.
    Well said. Anyone who thinks Tebow was a "dominant" quarterback is denying history, and is saying he knows more about quarterback play than everyone in the NFL. No one buys that.

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Denver, Colorado
    Posts
    2,125
    I choose 58 year old John Elway. Why isn't that an option?

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    9,600
    Quote Originally Posted by gtown53 View Post
    It's been 7 years since the likes of tim tebow was a Starting QB in the league. Why not see if Craig Penrose, Norris Weese, or Alan Pastrana are available? All 3 were better passers.
    And next year it will be 8 years removed and yet another Tebow debate.

    Once or twice a year this forum needs to have one... forever.

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    10,437
    I would rather have Tebow...on Special Teams.

    Tebow gave us some exciting plays but Prater had as much if not more to do with winning those games IMO. Prater was $$$ in many of those wins.

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Las Manzanitas, NM
    Posts
    30,952
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    Perhaps the NFL hasn't seen it because he couldn't make an NFL roster after it was shown he needed a very specific playbook to have any semblance of success?
    Well, the NFL goes back to 1920 when offenses were Single/Double Wing. Tebow could have been a good Single Wing Fullback because all four Backs in that offense were running, passing, receiving and drop kicking threats. Vince Lombardi was once asked what he thought would happen if the Single Wing came back to the NFL. He said, "It would embarrass the hell out of us." In a way, something like that has happened with Spread/Gun, Read Option, zone blocking RPO offenses. Unfortunately for Tim, still gotta throw.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    1,099
    Srsly?

    All the amazing stuff happening in camp and this is what we want to talk about?

    How our backup QB compares to Tebow?

    This is why we can't have nice things...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •