Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 151
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    29,559

    pre-season game 1 observations.

    I might have been wrong, the chargers back up QB situation is so bad i think geno may make it man oh man if rivers goes down they are in big trouble, they almost have to draft a QB in the first couple rounds next season if they know what's good for them.

    it also looks like the chargers could still have issues with their kicking game.

    other than that it is hard to tell but some chargers rookies really looked good, especially their two rookie LB'ers that they drafted in the 2nd and 4th round. of course their depth at receiver and corner looked good and their second string RB austin ekeler looked improved from last season's good rookie campaign.

    https://twitter.com/NFL/status/1028501777719558144

    that is their 5th string receiver geremy davis if he can beat out artavis scott for that last receiver spot.

    as far as the broncos go i can't say too much as i only seen the beginning of the game but the only thing that stood out to me was the shaky pass protection for keenum. looks like that OL still has a lot of work to do but they did go against a good defensive unit.

    who looked better out there, kelly or lynch? i have a new bold prediction..........chad kelly not only wins the back up gig,. he starts at some point this season.
    Last edited by baphamet; 08-12-2018 at 06:51 AM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Parts Unknown
    Posts
    1,703
    Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    I might have been wrong, the chargers back up QB situation is so bad i think geno may make it man oh man if rivers goes down they are in big trouble, they almost have to draft a QB in the first couple rounds next season if they know whats good for them.

    it also looks like the chargers could still have issues with their kicking game.

    other than that it is hard to tell but some chargers rookies really looked good, especially their two rookie LB'ers that they drafted in the 2nd and 4th round. of course their depth at receiver and corner looked good and their second string RB austin ekeler looked improved from last season's good rookie campaign.

    as far as the broncos go i can't say too much as i only seen the beginning of the game but the only thing that stood out to me was the shaky pass protection for keenum. looks like that OL still has a lot of work to do but they did go against a good defensive unit.

    who looked better out there, kelly or lynch? i have a new bold prediction..........chad kelly not only wins the back up gig,. he starts at some point this season.
    Lynch puked all over himself! You could be right about Kelly. Your bold prediction might not be so bold.
    http://i67.tinypic.com/so4fua.jpgFOR HOF!!!!
    Adopted Bronco: Justin Simmons 2017,2018 ,2019
    PATS FANS COME TO THIS BOARD BECAUSE THEY RESPECT AND APPRECIATE US

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Oh Yea...Right there!
    Posts
    7,315
    My observation was that the personality of the team seems to have remained the same. Last year I was excited we had Jamaal Charles and an amazing defense which were grossly underutilized. This year I am hopeful, but am bracing for the likely possibility of disappointment.

    How do I cope with disappointment Baph? Tell me, after all these years as a Charger's fan, how do you cope?
    https://media.giphy.com/media/cAgxSFqbyaQgeyY3VA/giphy.gif

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    7,682
    I guess everyone was right. Beast Mode looks washed up and finished.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    29,559
    Quote Originally Posted by Rancid View Post
    My observation was that the personality of the team seems to have remained the same. Last year I was excited we had Jamaal Charles and an amazing defense which were grossly underutilized. This year I am hopeful, but am bracing for the likely possibility of disappointment.

    How do I cope with disappointment Baph? Tell me, after all these years as a Charger's fan, how do you cope?
    well, i don't lose interest in the games like you do, i'll tell ya that.

    it's just pre-season dude, as much as you broncos fans have talked up bill musgrave, i'm sure he has a miracle offense ready to unleash that will fix everything come week 1.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    29,559
    Quote Originally Posted by DevilSpawn View Post
    I guess everyone was right. Beast Mode looks washed up and finished.
    that run got called back but he still looks explosive.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    7,682
    I heard Vance Joseph's two front teeth were arguing and had to be separated. It's so bad that his left tooth has a restraining order on the right tooth. Witnesses say the argument was about him getting fired before the season, which Keith, the left tooth, thinks is inevitable.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    29,559
    Quote Originally Posted by DevilSpawn View Post
    I heard Vance Joseph's two front teeth were arguing and had to be separated. It's so bad that his left tooth has a restraining order on the right tooth. Witnesses say the argument was about him getting fired before the season, which Keith, the left tooth, thinks is inevitable.
    anthony lynn's grill > Vance josepeh's


  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Mile High Stadium
    Posts
    8,992
    Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    I might have been wrong, the chargers back up QB situation is so bad i think geno may make it man oh man if rivers goes down they are in big trouble, they almost have to draft a QB in the first couple rounds next season if they know what's good for them.

    it also looks like the chargers could still have issues with their kicking game.

    other than that it is hard to tell but some chargers rookies really looked good, especially their two rookie LB'ers that they drafted in the 2nd and 4th round. of course their depth at receiver and corner looked good and their second string RB austin ekeler looked improved from last season's good rookie campaign.

    https://twitter.com/NFL/status/1028501777719558144

    that is their 5th string receiver geremy davis if he can beat out artavis scott for that last receiver spot.

    as far as the broncos go i can't say too much as i only seen the beginning of the game but the only thing that stood out to me was the shaky pass protection for keenum. looks like that OL still has a lot of work to do but they did go against a good defensive unit.

    who looked better out there, kelly or lynch? i have a new bold prediction..........chad kelly not only wins the back up gig,. he starts at some point this season.
    This is smack?
    Your bold prediction was geno was arguably better than all bronco QBs and he would get cut!....those are your predictions!

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    29,559
    Quote Originally Posted by 58Miller View Post
    This is smack?
    Your bold prediction was geno was arguably better than all bronco QBs and he would get cut!....those are your predictions!
    because cardale jones has not looked good, not because smith is great and yes looking at your QB situation i still think he is arguably better than keenum and clearly better than kelly or lynch. remember when you said lynch was't a first round bust? :

    that dude is on life support and will be lucky to have a job in the NFL a month from now, great job elway!!. :laugh

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Mile High Stadium
    Posts
    8,992
    Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    because cardale jones has not looked good, not because smith is great and yes looking at your QB situation i still think he is arguably better than keenum and clearly better than kelly or lynch. remember when you said lynch was't a first round bust? :

    that dude is on life support and will be lucky to have a job in the NFL a month from now, great job elway!!. :laugh
    Ill take Elways bad with the good.
    Elways team won division first 5 years he was GM after he inherited a 4-12 squad.

    Tom Telesco
    0 playoffs since he took over in 2013

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Mile High Stadium
    Posts
    8,992
    Quote Originally Posted by DevilSpawn View Post
    I guess everyone was right. Beast Mode looks washed up and finished.
    Beast mode is an average back until he reaches the next level, once he is past the line he is a nightmare.
    ... that being said did the hold help the play?

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    29,559
    Quote Originally Posted by 58Miller View Post
    I’ll take Elways bad with the good.
    Elways team won division first 5 years he was GM after he inherited a 4-12 squad.

    Tom Telesco
    0 playoffs since he took over in 2013
    when it comes to drafting QB's, there has been no good at all, only bad. really when it comes to drafting offensive talent he's been far off the mark most of the time, he's a vastly over-rated GM. oh and the chargers went to the playoffs in 2013 and beat the Bengals in the WC round, but you may as well just keep making stuff up, it's really all you can do at this point.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Mile High Stadium
    Posts
    8,992
    Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    when it comes to drafting QB's, there has been no good at all, only bad. really when it comes to drafting offensive talent he's been far off the mark most of the time. hes a vastly over-rated GM, oh and the chargers went to the playoffs in 2013 and beat the Bengals in the WC round, but you may as well just keep making stuff up, it's really all you can do at this point.
    Built an all time great offense and defense in his first 5 seasons, the only thing overrated is your smack game.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    29,559
    Quote Originally Posted by 58Miller View Post
    Built an all time great offense and defense in his first 5 seasons, the only thing overrated is your smack game.
    then why did that all time great offense look mediocre when manning got old and after he left? why did that best defense of all time not even sniff the playoffs the very next season after manning retired? never mind the QB position, your team is not stacked with talent, especially on offense. the best thing elway ever did as a GM was sign one player and one defensive coordinator, both are now gone and it shows.

    as far as my smack goes..........

    https://forums.denverbroncos.com/sho...80#post5719080

    now go run and hide before i terrorize you some more!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •