Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Paxton "upset" he lost number 2

Maybe it'll open his eyes and put a little fire in him???

We'll see.

https://broncoswire.usatoday.com/201...lly-promotion/
    *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
    *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
    *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*

I'm upset he's not a good quarter back.

hahahahaahahaha

Paxton should be bothered that he didn't get the job done, lost out to Trevor two years in a row, and made it necessary for Denver to sign Case. Hey, Paxton. If you want to know whom to blame for being demoted to third team, look in a mirror.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

I wonder how he is going to feel when the Broncos sign a Veteran backup and either cut Paxton, or if we are really, really lucky, get a conditional late-round pick for him in a trade with a team who hasn't been paying attention. In any case, the only way he stays is if there is an injury in Pre-season.
    Last edited by gtown53; 08-14-2018 at 04:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    Paxton should be bothered that he didn't get the job done, lost out to Trevor two years in a row, and made it necessary for Denver to sign Case. Hey, Paxton. If you want to know whom to blame for being demoted to third team, look in a mirror.
    If he really asked "why"...I don't know what to say about that....

I'm not suprised he asked why, the guy doesn't get it.
    "Criticism is a privilege that you earn--it shouldn't be your opening move in an interaction."

Quote Originally Posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    If he really asked "why"...I don't know what to say about that....
    alternate universe
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Quote Originally Posted by JakeNbake View Post
    I'm upset he's not a good quarter back.
    I'm upset he's still on the team.

Still a bit dumbfounded by his lack of awareness by this comment. Broncos need to accept the realities and just cut this guy before a bad situation gets toxic.

Lynch has lost any shred of confidence he might have had from his teammates. He has no control of the offense and plays scared. He is not going to win any over with clueless comments like this.

Not likely Broncos can trade him unless they pay his salary. Even that is a long shot. There might be team willing to give him a fresh start. He certainly needs it! But his lack of self awareness and competitive personality is making that unrealistic.

Such a frustrating situation that needs to end sooner then later.

I think Lynch like so many NFL players have been told by family, friends and everyone else that will listen that they are SOOOO much better than everyone else. For the most part they were. The really good players when they end up in college start to adjust their mindset and realize that if they truly want to be GREAT and remain great as they progress in their football careers they need to push themselves and ask for their coaches to push them as well.

A comment like the one which Lynch made here says to me that he has not come full circle yet and simply does not realize that he needs to ACTUALLY work and get better. He has been coached his whole life to say the right things publicly but he either fits into one of these following two categories at this point:

1. He is just incapable of getting better
    2. He is just not putting in the work to get better.

There is a large part of me that when I hear this comment it leads me to believe that he may actually be #2 above. If that is the case then the ONLY way I can see someone like that truly get better is for there to be a shock to the system. Cut him and then he will see that if he doesn't work then he wont be playing again. I really think that after a comment like this that is what someone with that mentality needs.

Unbelievable. If he doesn't know why after the last game, he'll never get. 6/11 for 24 yards.

Hey Paxton, that's why-

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_C View Post
    I think Lynch like so many NFL players have been told by family, friends and everyone else that will listen that they are SOOOO much better than everyone else. For the most part they were. The really good players when they end up in college start to adjust their mindset and realize that if they truly want to be GREAT and remain great as they progress in their football careers they need to push themselves and ask for their coaches to push them as well.

A comment like the one which Lynch made here says to me that he has not come full circle yet and simply does not realize that he needs to ACTUALLY work and get better. He has been coached his whole life to say the right things publicly but he either fits into one of these following two categories at this point:

1. He is just incapable of getting better
    2. He is just not putting in the work to get better.

There is a large part of me that when I hear this comment it leads me to believe that he may actually be #2 above. If that is the case then the ONLY way I can see someone like that truly get better is for there to be a shock to the system. Cut him and then he will see that if he doesn't work then he wont be playing again. I really think that after a comment like this that is what someone with that mentality needs.
    Good athletes will excel their entire lives on every level... pee wee football, high school, college, they are the really big fish in the small pond. Yes, their peers, parents, everyone around them tells them how special they are and as they coast through every level of life they truly believe it.
    They become entitled. AND THEN.... the NFL comes calling and suddenly they are not the best athlete on the team anymore, they are in a sea of many really talented athletes and that big fish in the small pond many times becomes the tiny fish in the vast ocean of superiority.

The NFL plucks out true greatness and exposes the weaknesses of those who do not have the extreme talent, willingness to put in the really hard work or the heart of a champion. My guess is Paxton skated by on doing as little as he possibly could up until the NFL and still hasn't figured how the NFL is an entirely different reality for him. Although... maybe the kid is as smart as they come.. I mean look at the millions he has made to basically do nothing and even if the Broncos cut him tomorrow he will be a very wealthy man.
    My adopted Bronco is Case Keenum

I'm "upset" Dallas didn't draft Lynch like they wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by mozzerpete View Post
    I'm "upset" Dallas didn't draft Lynch like they wanted.

Lol...... amen to that.....
    http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

Adopted Bronco: Andy Janovich