Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    I look forward to the day when we visit California again. I'll get over to Yountville for sure...the small place with all the Michelin stars!!

eb, and others, ever been to The French Laundry? My daughter went thru Yountville recently, and could not get reservations, even though they tried way ahead. Months are required. But they apparently have a take out, whereby she ended up with some of Thomas Keller's interesting take on fried chicken. Not quite the same as a proper reservation, but they probably saved nearly a $100 each.
    I've never been. But I've only heard amazing things about the place. And you're right... it's months out to get in. Your best bet, once you plan dates, is to call ahead and make those reservations. But they are a bit pricey, as you know from your daughter.
    *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
    *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
    *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*

I am lucky....the town I work in has a great restaurant on virtually every corner..

And a good variety....steaks, Viet, tai, Chinese, pasta, desserts....

The travelling is minimal..
    http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

Adopted Broncos: Garett Bolles

Quote Originally Posted by ebsoria View Post
    I've never been. But I've only heard amazing things about the place. And you're right... it's months out to get in. Your best bet, once you plan dates, is to call ahead and make those reservations. But they are a bit pricey, as you know from your daughter.
    Will do. (Off topic) but I am a fan of Thomas Keller. I've told this story before, I'm quite sure, but many years ago I saw a great show about Anthony Bourdain, Eric Ripert and at least one other chef, who visited The French Laundry and were prepared about 20 servings (it was nuts!). They were in culinary heaven!! I never forgot that episode, and always knew that if Bourdain and Ripert were in awe and inspired, this Keller dude must be incredible!! (and I got a nice peak of what to expect if one wanders over the Golden State to surrounding wine country.

Anyway....back to topic. Anyone else wanting to share stories of food getaways?

Shows the power of the press.....the story in the local newspaper has clearly reached many others, because there has been some feedback from other satisfied, "travelling" customers, who related how the story had got them out of the city, and onto tasty journeys.

I still can't believe how we bumped into one of my fav cousins at the small restaurant we visited last week!

Eb...you close to Yountville? I have written about it before, but we had one of the nicest lunches there, on a perfect day to eat outside! No, it was not The French Laundry, but a wonderful place (have to look up the name), that served fabulous "pressed' sandwiches and salad, along with all sorts of other good things. Love that town!

I commend you for helping the needy.
    I'm close enough to Yountville. It's about another 15- 20 minutes passed Napa. When I still lived in Napa and in high school I worked in Yountville at the Napa Valley Grille and also at the Piatti's there. I LOVE the peace and serenity of going "up-valley".

How long ago was it that you went??
    Ahh... well after NVG closed. But you might be talking about Bottega Napa Valley... not sure what's near it. Glad you like my "home"!!

Anywho... back to on topic? Great place to drive to for lunch in the Napa Valley. Rutherford, Yountville, even St. Helena.
    I believe I finally have the answer....my daughter remembers it from her trip. It's called Ottimo. Loved it!!!

I believe I finally have the answer....my daughter remembers it from her trip. It's called Ottimo. Loved it!!!
    That's after my time. I don't know it.
    *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
    *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
    *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*

Fresh fruit pie!!! You are killing me!!!

Eb...you close to Yountville? I have written about it before, but we had one of the nicest lunches there, on a perfect day to eat outside! No, it was not The French Laundry, but a wonderful place (have to look up the name), that served fabulous "pressed' sandwiches and salad, along with all sorts of other good things. Love that town!

I commend you for helping the needy.
    I'm close enough to Yountville. It's about another 15- 20 minutes passed Napa. When I still lived in Napa and in high school I worked in Yountville at the Napa Valley Grille and also at the Piatti's there. I LOVE the peace and serenity of going "up-valley".

How long ago was it that you went??
    That's after my time. I don't know it.
    If you are ever nearby, give it a try!

It may not be 3 hours in each direction but In highlands ranch there is a really great pig out joint called Crave a Real Burger!

Not sure how many here are familiar with this small chain but they have won some awards in the recent past.

My fav is the sin city burger, every now and then when we want to reward ourselves well hope in the car and drive to the southern end of the city to devour these monstrosities! Lol

Last edited by Sam_Z; 02-22-2019 at 10:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    It may not be 3 hours in each direction but In highlands ranch there is a really great pig out joint called Crave a Real Burger!

Not sure how many here are familiar with this small chain but they have won some awards in the recent past.

My fav is the sin city burger, every now and then when we want to reward ourselves we’ll hope in the car and drive to the southern end of the city to devour these monstrosities! Lol

Why do you folks have to make me so dang hungry all the time???!!! Those are massive portions!! But I draw the line at donut burger.....that is going too far my friend! Shame on you!!

*I like to have my donut after I eat my massive burger and fries

Quote Originally Posted by EddieMac View Post
    I am lucky....the town I work in has a great restaurant on virtually every corner..

And a good variety....steaks, Viet, tai, Chinese, pasta, desserts....

The travelling is minimal..
    I am not that lucky.. I have to travel for good food. We found a couple new restaurants the last couple weeks. Fuegos in Tampa TX. and The Scoreboard in Woodward Okiehoma.
    http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l7...amp69/asdf.jpg
    "Let's just give them Keenum for an, "I owe you".

Why do you folks have to make me so dang hungry all the time???!!! Those are massive portions!! But I draw the line at donut burger.....that is going too far my friend! Shame on you!!

*I like to have my donut after I eat my massive burger and fries
    Hahahahaha Dont hate until you try it bruh.

Theres another place in downtown Littleton called the Pint Room, very fun place all colorado brewed, nothing less than 8% but anyway they have a char burger with peanut butter and jelly.

Last edited by Sam_Z; 02-23-2019 at 08:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    Hahahahaha Don’t hate until you try it bruh.

There’s another place in downtown Littleton called the Pint Room, very fun place all colorado brewed, nothing less than 8% but anyway they have a char burger with peanut butter and jelly.

I know....don't knock it til you tried it!! And something makes me feel like a big tasty burger, fries and a tall glass of beer in the clean Colorado air, would be so, so good!!!

Sort of along the same track, we recently started going to a very local burger place, and I can not believe we never tried it for so many years! My wife chose it for tonight, and I am 100% on board. Huge delicious portions....reasonable prices. But I am off track in fact, because unlike the topic, this is very close....and not much of a "road trip".

^^^^that burger and fries were so good that I was a mess when we left....this is me after taking my first few overwhelmingly delicious bites:

We found a new place to eat yesterday. We travel all day everyday for work so we always eat out... anyways yesterday (03-11) we had a huge day, hours wise and miles, we were done with work, other than a 4 hour drive home, so it's time to eat, driving through Yukon, Okiehoma arguing about food, I hate fast food Mexican, taco bell, del taco' etc. Anyways, boss finally pics a joint in a strip mall of all places called Primos Italia....OMG..... Awesome food, really nice decor, and what I am assuming is an excellent wine list.... Now guys...dont freak out when you go to the rest room and there is a woman in the crapper stall, you'll get used to her presence.... I kid you not....
    http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l7...amp69/asdf.jpg
    "Let's just give them Keenum for an, "I owe you".

Quote Originally Posted by Saddletramp View Post
    We found a new place to eat yesterday. We travel all day everyday for work so we always eat out... anyways yesterday (03-11) we had a huge day, hours wise and miles, we were done with work, other than a 4 hour drive home, so it's time to eat, driving through Yukon, Okiehoma arguing about food, I hate fast food Mexican, taco bell, del taco' etc. Anyways, boss finally pics a joint in a strip mall of all places called Primos Italia....OMG..... Awesome food, really nice decor, and what I am assuming is an excellent wine list.... Now guys...dont freak out when you go to the rest room and there is a woman in the crapper stall, you'll get used to her presence.... I kid you not....
    What could that even mean? There's a woman who lives there? There's a cardboard sign? It's co-ed?