Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

John Elway: Broncos might look at veteran backup QB

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...eran-backup-qb

General Manager John Elway told 103.5 The Fox radio station in Denver there is a chance the Broncos could add a veteran to the mix.

"I'm not going to tell you we're definitely going to stand pat, but I'm not telling you we're going (in) that direction, either," Elway said,
    are you freakin kidding me?

does this guy have any idea what the hell he is doing? how come one of the greatest QB's of all time who is now an NFL GM has absolutely no clue how to evaluate and bring in the right QB's?

you can mention that dumb no brainer peyton manning all day but other than that this dude is obviously clueless when it comes to QB's. are you guys really so confident in case keenum at this point? unless you're peyton manning, any QB elway touches turns to dog crap. i will be shocked if keenum can survive elway.

Imagine that, a GM not giving away his plans. That's truly shocking! But it's the reason the Broncos have won nothing and the Chargers have that full trophy case.

BTW since we're talking QBs I will once again point out the Chargers will never win anything the stats compiler heaving the ball down the field. He accumulates stats in garbage time, is the king of the crushing interception when the game is on the line.

Yeah, yeah, hotter than a pistol down the stretch last year. All of the preseason pundits love them, blah, blah, blah.

You're really scraping the bottom of the barrel for smack when you're going with this. What's next preseason game observation smack?...

Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    Imagine that, a GM not giving away his plans. That's truly shocking! But it's the reason the Broncos have won nothing and the Chargers have that full trophy case.
    oh look! another one that fully credits elway with bringing in arguably the greatest QB of all time to save his team from mediocrity, a move literally any GM would have made given the same situation and opportunity. how come the dude has struck out every single other time he has tried to bring in a QB? how sad is it that one of the all time great HOF QB's needs another all time great QB to come in and make him look good because he has no clue what to do at the QB position?

BTW since we're talking QBs I will once again point out the Chargers will never win anything the stats compiler heaving the ball down the field. He accumulates stats in garbage time, is the king of the crushing interception when the game is on the line.

Yeah, yeah, hotter than a pistol down the stretch last year. All of the preseason pundits love them, blah, blah, blah.

You're really scraping the bottom of the barrel for smack when you're going with this. What's next preseason game observation smack?...
    " He accumulates stats in garbage time" pardon me but i'm pretty sure every single QB in the NFL accumulates stats in garbage time, same with all the skill positions. or are you trying to tell me he generates most of his stats in garbage time? if that's the case i would say that's a factually incorrect statement and it isn't even close.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/player/splits/_/id/5529

i just went back 3 years but in the last 3 years rivers has put up by far the most stats in games when his team is either up by 1-8 points or down by 1-8 points. not only that but he also seems to put up the most stats overall in the second and third quarter.

rivers finally has the defense to go with his offense, he isn't constantly going to be put in obvious long passing situations when he "heaves the ball up" in desperation at the end of games. he has also won a lot of those situations as well.....he is still top 10 all time in game winning drives, after all.

hope you enjoy watching rivers put that gold jacket on one day, i know i will!

Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    oh look! another one that fully credits elway with bringing in arguably the greatest QB of all time to save his team from mediocrity, a move literally any GM would have made given the same situation and opportunity. how come the dude has struck out every single other time he has tried to bring in a QB? how sad is it that one of the all time great HOF QB's needs another all time great QB to come in and make him look good because he has no clue what to do at the QB position?

" He accumulates stats in garbage time" pardon me but i'm pretty sure every single QB in the NFL accumulates stats in garbage time, same with all the skill positions. or are you trying to tell me he generates most of his stats in garbage time? if that's the case i would say that's a factually incorrect statement and it isn't even close.

i just went back 3 years but in the last 3 years rivers has put up by far the most stats in games when his team is either up by 1-8 points or down by 1-8 points. not only that but he also seems to put up the most stats overall in the second and third quarter.

rivers finally has the defense to go with his offense, he isn't constantly going to be put in obvious long passing situations when he "heaves the ball up" in desperation at the end of games. he has also won a lot of those situations as well.....he is still top 10 all time in game winning drives, after all.

He had the defense to go with the O last year and beat one playoff team. Stats are worthless if they don’t result in wins.

Elways plan has been to find a QB in the draft and have that QB thrive under a rookie contract therefore he can maintain a strong team around that QB.

You do know the going rate for free agent QBs these days and is it Elways fault that the college game hasn’t done their job in producing very many capable QBs?

It’s a damn good plan by Elway however it’s really bad timing since the talent pool in the college ranks isn’t very big right now while also considering that the Broncos have only picked once in the top five in the last five years.
    You’re in here hyping the Chargers and their talent every day however they’ve been picking on the higher end of the draft rounds for a significant amount of years yet they’ve still got Nothing but an empty trophy case with a monkey on their back to show for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Baph OOPS I mean Lloyd

Rivers has had significant leads, even into the fourth QTR. Its not his defense that loses the game it’s his lack of focus when he turns into Barney Fife on the sideline. The dummy always loses focus, comes out and does Something extremely stupid to hurt his team rather than managing the game and closing out the victory for his team.
    Last edited by Sam_Z; 08-16-2018 at 09:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post

Rivers has had significant leads, even into the fourth QTR. Its not his defense that loses the game it’s his lack of focus when he turns into Barney Fife on the sideline. The dummy always loses focus, comes out and does Something extremely stupid to hurt his team rather than managing the game and closing out the victory for his team.
    read the underlined you just wrote and realize how dumb that sounds.

so rivers' team has a lead and if that lead gets blown it's not the defense that had anything to do with it? really? the only way that can even be remotely accurate is if rivers throws a pick giving then other team the ball. most of the time when rivers has a "significant" lead going into the 4th he doesn't take a lot of chances that lead to those picks.

the vast majority of those late game picks are in obvious long passing situations where it's the last play of the game (or twords the end) and the lead has already been blown. ken whisenhunt was just talking about that yesterday at his press conference in fact.

again, the fact is rivers is top 10 all time in game winning drives, that wouldn't be a fact if he always did something stupid rather than closing the game out for his team, as you put it.

but don't let facts stop you from running your nonsense smack, keep it coming bro!
    Last edited by baphamet; 08-16-2018 at 09:05 PM.

so rivers' team has a lead and if that lead gets blown it's not the defense that had anything to do with it? really? the only way that can even be remotely accurate is if rivers throws a pick giving then other team the ball. most of the time when rivers has a lead he doesn't take a lot of chances that lead to those picks, the vast majority of those late game picks are in obvious long passing situations, ken whisenhunt was just talking about that yesterday at his press conference in fact.

again, the fact is rivers is top 10 all time in game winning drives, that wouldn't be a fact if he always did something stupid rather than closing the game out for his team, as you put it.

but don't let facts stop you from running your nonsense smack, keep it coming bro!
    "Criticism is a privilege that you earn--it shouldn't be your opening move in an interaction."

so rivers' team has a lead and if that lead gets blown it's not the defense that had anything to do with it? really? the only way that can even be remotely accurate is if rivers throws a pick giving then other team the ball. most of the time when rivers has a "significant" lead going into the 4th he doesn't take a lot of chances that lead to those picks.

the vast majority of those late game picks are in obvious long passing situations where it's the last play of the game (or twords the end) and the lead has already been blown. ken whisenhunt was just talking about that yesterday at his press conference in fact.

There’s nothing dumb about it barph, the only thing dumb is your lack of understanding.
    Why don’t you highlight the entire statement and you’ll understand it better but I guess maybe it’s way too much and far beyond your level of focus.

Now read your pathetic attempt to respond and you’ll see how dumb that sounds.
    Last edited by Sam_Z; 08-16-2018 at 09:25 PM.

"Criticism is a privilege that you earn--it shouldn't be your opening move in an interaction."

Quote Originally Posted by 58Miller View Post
    upload a photo
    In all seriousness bruh the time for them to succeed or do anything if they ever were would be now.

Because of all the talent he claims that they have, all the high-end draft selections and their failures of the most recent past Philis Rivers and the Chargers need to do something now or else forever be remembered as nothing more than mediocrity in loserville.

That is what Baph is so scared of right now because all his assumptions and trash talking is basically all coming down to this season (perhaps the season after) but when they fail, he’s going to see all the talent they’ve pee’d away along with all the missed opportunities, he’ll realize that he has nothing left and he understands it right now all too well as well as we!
    Last edited by Sam_Z; 08-17-2018 at 12:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    upload a photo
    In all seriousness bruh the time for them to succeed or do anything if they ever were would be now.

Because of all the talent he claims that they have, all the high-end draft selections and their failures of the most recent past Philis Rivers and the Chargers need to do something now or else forever be remembered as nothing more than mediocrity in loserville.

That is what Baph is so scared right now because all his assumptions and trash talking is basically all coming down to this season (perhaps the season after) but when they fail, he’s going to see all the talent they’ve pee’d away along with all the missed opportunities, he’ll realize that he has nothing left and he understands it right now all too well as well as we!
    Chargers passed on Brees and Eli for Phillip but don't forget they also drafted the this gem:

Last edited by 58Miller; 08-16-2018 at 09:41 PM.

Bring back jake the snake

Quote Originally Posted by Remedy View Post
    Bring back jake the snake
    I loved Jake the Snake but he left football to be happy:
    https://www.si.com/nfl/2015/07/01/si...ntent=20180817

I think we sign somebody after the final cuts, should be some decent Qbs available as veteran back ups.

Quote Originally Posted by 58Miller View Post
    I loved Jake the Snake but he left football to be happy:
    https://www.si.com/nfl/2015/07/01/si...ntent=20180817

I think we sign somebody after the final cuts, should be some decent Qbs available as veteran back ups.
    Matt Moore is available I believe, i think he’d be a nice signing.

Do you realize the Chargers backups are Geno Smith and Cardale Jones? Are you okay with that?

This has nothing to do with Case Keenum and everything to do with Paxton Lynch. Elway had to take one final look at his 1st-round QB in his 3rd year before parting ways. If anything happens with Keenum, the team needs a backup QB that can play, and Lynch has proven once and for all that he can't do it. It's quite simple.
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607