Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ebsoria View Post
    Elway wasn't drafted by us... I'd venture we would have drafted him had we had the #1 overall. He never spent a second with any team. So I'd say he was developed by us.

To say otherwise would be like you claiming both Giants' SB wins because you drafted Eli.
    yeah, the one good starting QB the broncos have developed that i was referring to was elway. jake the snake wasn't developed by the broncos and that's really the only other ex broncos QB i consider to be good (other than manning), hated that guy too! he was the one that finally broke my huskers winning streak in college after they won back to back national titles! lol
    Last edited by baphamet; 08-17-2018 at 10:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    yeah, the one good starting QB the broncos have developed that i was referring to was elway. jake the snake wasn't developed by the broncos and that's really the only other ex broncos QB i consider to be good (other than manning), hated that guy too! he was the one that finally broke my huskers winning streak in college after they won back to back national titles! lol
    What's funny is after Elway retired he put out a coffee table book. In it he said something about how he thinks Jake Plummer was good. No other reference to any other QB in the book that I remember. Jake was a Cardinal still and a few years out from coming to us. When he came to us I cracked up! I miss 'ol Jake!! Hope his handball career is still going well for him.
    *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
    *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
    *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*

Quote Originally Posted by ebsoria View Post
    What's funny is after Elway retired he put out a coffee table book. In it he said something about how he thinks Jake Plummer was good. No other reference to any other QB in the book that I remember. Jake was a Cardinal still and a few years out from coming to us. When he came to us I cracked up! I miss 'ol Jake!! Hope his handball career is still going well for him.
    I miss the snake as well. Him and that naked bootleg were sure fun to watch. He frustrated me sometimes, but I miss his playstyle.

how come you didn't post the link to the article?

https://www.ocregister.com/2017/09/2...n-close-games/

hahaha maybe that's why you didn't post the link to the article? this was a fair article and if i were to say those things here, many of you would ignore it and just say i'm making excuses for rivers.
    Lol I was actually going to steer you towards the article because it's written with an apologetic homerism for Rivers.....I knew you would appreciate it.

Hope and expectations for the Chargers are up.....it must be preseason lol

Soon all that hope that many of my family and friends share for the Chargers will be replaced with the fear and helpless feeling of watching Rivers try to put together a late drive. You said it yourself Baph, the guy is a choker.

Yea the chargers are often the paper pre-season champs. Then reality catches up and then go 8-8 or worse lol. We'll see what happens this year. As much as it pains me to admit it, I really like their coach, I wish we would have hired him instead of the idiot who wears the headset in Denver.

drew brees?

besides, i'm not saying elway needs to pick start QB's every time, just pick one that is capable of starting maybe?

let me ask you this, who is the best QB the broncos have ever drafted and developed themselves? jay cutler?

the broncos have drafted or developed one good starting QB in their entire existence the chargers have had developed several.

good starting QB's the chargers have drafted or developed themselves

john hadl
    dan fouts
    drew brees
    phil rivers

yes i will hate on thank you very much!
    While you were drafting all those great QBs Denver has been winking Superbowls and selling out stadiums, and staying in Denver.
    Chargers drafted a QBs instead of giving Drew Brees talent like Larry Fitzgerald.

@greggrosenthal
    Following Following @greggrosenthal

John Elway fully guaranteed Menelik Watson’s salary in March, and now will cut him with a $6.8 cap charge. OL decisions have haunted Elway’s tenure.

@greggrosenthal

John Elway fully guaranteed Menelik Watson’s salary in March, and now will cut him with a $6.8 cap charge. OL decisions have haunted Elway’s tenure.

Even your great GM has made struck out on the O-Line ( Elway let him walk)
    Franklin signed a five-year, $36.5 million contract in 2015. He lasted just two seasons with the Chargers. Cutting ties saves L.A. $2.8 million against the cap, per OverTheCap.com, while leaving $4.8 million in dead money. The Chargers owed Franklin $3.5 million guaranteed this season, but decided swallowing that pill was worth it to move forward with younger options.

Franklin counts $3.2 mill this season in dead money.

@greggrosenthal

Although he's a HORRIBLE lineman, I didn't see that they cut him. Even in Denver news I only saw that they designated him as reserve/injured.

*UPDATE*

Never mind.... Just found it. They'll wait until he's healthy, then cut him.....
    Last edited by Stackhouser; 08-22-2018 at 06:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 58Miller View Post
    Even your great GM has made struck out on the O-Line ( Elway let him walk)
    Franklin signed a five-year, $36.5 million contract in 2015. He lasted just two seasons with the Chargers. Cutting ties saves L.A. $2.8 million against the cap, per OverTheCap.com, while leaving $4.8 million in dead money. The Chargers owed Franklin $3.5 million guaranteed this season, but decided swallowing that pill was worth it to move forward with younger options.

Franklin counts $3.2 mill this season in dead money.
    Cannot argue on this point though, bud. When healthy, Franklin was a good player. He managed to switch positions and still play at a respectable level. Only with his knees going did his play decline.

Watson on the other hand was a signing out of desperation where the player / agent had the team cornered and somehow managed to get a more than generous offer of a contract. He was injured half his career and the other half played terrible.

I'm glad he's gone, he needs to be gone Hindsight - another bad signing on the OL that will cost us dearly. Even an injured / retired Franklin would be better than a healthy Watson - if a healthy Watson even exists.

Quote Originally Posted by Rastic View Post
    Cannot argue on this point though, bud. When healthy, Franklin was a good player. He managed to switch positions and still play at a respectable level. Only with his knees going did his play decline.

Watson on the other hand was a signing out of desperation where the player / agent had the team cornered and somehow managed to get a more than generous offer of a contract. He was injured half his career and the other half played terrible.

I'm glad he's gone, he needs to be gone Hindsight - another bad signing on the OL that will cost us dearly. Even an injured / retired Franklin would be better than a healthy Watson - if a healthy Watson even exists.
    I agree Franklin was a better signing than Watson, but Elway new Franklin was done. Unfortunately he thought Watson looked good, I think he was comparing him to Fonald Stephenson ( another horrible Elway pick up).

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...eran-backup-qb

are you freakin kidding me?

does this guy have any idea what the hell he is doing? how come one of the greatest QB's of all time who is now an NFL GM has absolutely no clue how to evaluate and bring in the right QB's?

you can mention that dumb no brainer peyton manning all day but other than that this dude is obviously clueless when it comes to QB's. are you guys really so confident in case keenum at this point? unless you're peyton manning, any QB elway touches turns to dog crap. i will be shocked if keenum can survive elway.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=055wFyO6gag LMAO! Just like this guy! Another year, another Lucy pullin out the Football out from Baphyboys attempt at slamming Elway, Doggin the Broncos, telling himself that Charredgirls will be relevant , and ending up the year disappointed, again!!! Somethings NEVER change, or get old!!!
    Last edited by Axemaster; 08-22-2018 at 04:58 PM.
    oh YEAH?

oh look! another one that fully credits elway with bringing in arguably the greatest QB of all time to save his team from mediocrity, a move literally any GM would have made given the same situation and opportunity. how come the dude has struck out every single other time he has tried to bring in a QB? how sad is it that one of the all time great HOF QB's needs another all time great QB to come in and make him look good because he has no clue what to do at the QB position?

" He accumulates stats in garbage time" pardon me but i'm pretty sure every single QB in the NFL accumulates stats in garbage time, same with all the skill positions. or are you trying to tell me he generates most of his stats in garbage time? if that's the case i would say that's a factually incorrect statement and it isn't even close.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/player/splits/_/id/5529

i just went back 3 years but in the last 3 years rivers has put up by far the most stats in games when his team is either up by 1-8 points or down by 1-8 points. not only that but he also seems to put up the most stats overall in the second and third quarter.

rivers finally has the defense to go with his offense, he isn't constantly going to be put in obvious long passing situations when he "heaves the ball up" in desperation at the end of games. he has also won a lot of those situations as well.....he is still top 10 all time in game winning drives, after all.

hope you enjoy watching rivers put that gold jacket on one day, i know i will!
    SO! If "EVERY other GM in the NFL" could bring in Manning, why is you sorry excuse for a GM unable to bring ANYTHING, to you team, like , EVER, in the history of your team, that would closely resemble anything close to what Elway has done, or any other Denver GM has done? Hmmm?

Your ETERNAL hatred of all things ELWAY, all the time, has really polluted you cotton picking Charredgirls loving mind!!! Elway has been DIRECTLY responsible for bringing us to 7 Super Bowls, and won 3. Deny, refute, disbelieve, argue, cry piss and moan ALL YOU WANT! Just wont ever change the facts though, CHARLIE BROWN!! LOLOL!
    oh YEAH?

Quote Originally Posted by 58Miller View Post
    While you were drafting all those great QBs Denver has been winking Superbowls and selling out stadiums, and staying in Denver.
    Chargers drafted a QBs instead of giving Drew Brees talent like Larry Fitzgerald.
    Dude that would had been something epic, those two paired with LT & Gates and with the right coach they could had rivaled Brady and Belichick.

I’m still ticked at shanny for passing on Brees, I knew then that he’d be one of the best and even he and shanny alone would had rivaled Brady and Belichick. I guess that’s why it’s so easy to crap on San Diego fir making that epic blunder of letting him get away.

Baph likes to say that Denver can’t develope a QB however we developed one of the greatest of all time while they pushed one out the door!

@greggrosenthal

And if history repeats itself your LA chargers will be signing him very soon.

How’s Michael Schofield doing rig oh better yet how’s that much anticipated Rivers/Green connection looking right now?