Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Roger Staubach missed 4 years serving time in the Navy after graduation, so there is a bit or precedent. It will be tough for Johnson but it has been done before.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    After 3 calendar years away from football, you can speak in absolutes. He's not prepared to play on a final 53 at this point in time. As the year goes on, or next season, sure he could make that happen. But he won't be on the Broncos 53 that they go to the game against Seattle with. That's an absolute. And if I'm wrong I'll wear it.
    I mean, crazier things have definitely happened. However, there aren't really any consequences for being wrong with guaranteeing on a message board, so it doesn't really matter that much, I suppose.

Neither does a 3 year contract with the lowest wages they can give that has very little (relatively speaking) tied to it.
    It's the highest contract they've ever given an undrafted player.

So...I read somewhere that he has not played a snap on defense yet, but had actually looked pretty good on STs....has anyone noticed the same? For some reason, this guys story has me kind of pulling for him.
    Last edited by 4th Amigo; 08-26-2018 at 08:55 AM. Reason: Bad grammar!

Did he play on Friday? He didn't register any stats and I didn't see the game.

Did he play on Friday? He didn't register any stats and I didn't see the game.
    He played some STs.

(14:13 - 4th) B.McManus kicks 60 yards from DEN 35 to WAS 5. K.Bibbs to WAS 22 for 17 yards (A.Johnson).

Quote Originally Posted by Rastic View Post
    He played some STs.

(14:13 - 4th) B.McManus kicks 60 yards from DEN 35 to WAS 5. K.Bibbs to WAS 22 for 17 yards (A.Johnson).
    Thanks for the info, they hadn't given him credit for a tackle when I checked the boxscore after the game. But it does change a lot, such as King being credited with an 18 yard reception and Chubb's half sack first being shared with Miller, then Walker, then Miller again.

It was a nice hit too from what I can remember.

Quote Originally Posted by ksubroncosfan View Post
    I mean, crazier things have definitely happened. However, there aren't really any consequences for being wrong with guaranteeing on a message board, so it doesn't really matter that much, I suppose.
    I think you were right. With Zaire Anderson being cut AJ Johnson has probably made the team
    Superbowl 50 Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    I think you were right. With Zaire Anderson being cut AJ Johnson has probably made the team
    Funny. I just made a comment to you on the other thread about this just a minute ago. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Bootleg View Post
    It was a nice hit too from what I can remember.
    Yes it was. He also made a hard hit on kickoff coverage the previous game, IIRC.

Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    Yes it was. He also made a hard hit on kickoff coverage the previous game, IIRC.
    Yeah, he had one against the Bears and another against the Redkins. Both were hits that made him stand out. The TFL against the Cardinals probably sealed the deal for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Bootleg View Post
    Yeah, he had one against the Bears and another against the Redkins. Both were hits that made him stand out. The TFL against the Cardinals probably sealed the deal for him.
    Which is why I thought it was easy to see a path for him to make the roster. All it took was showing a glimpse of something.

Butler's going to lose it lol
    Superbowl 50 Champions!

And if that happens they need to fire everyone and start over. Or Johnson is the best prospect in NFL history. You can't miss almost 4 calendar years of football and be a better option than professionals who have been playing.

No way he makes ANY final 53 in the NFL. He had teams bidding on him to add him to the practice squad. Not to be on a roster, because he's not ready to be on an NFL roster. It's insane for anyone to think he is.
    So...about that
    Superbowl 50 Champions!