Page 29 of 31 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by gtown53 View Post
    I can see this scenario becoming a pattern for the season. Outplaying the opponent, and losing the game in the end. We are now 0-2. But it's only Preseason, right? And it was only our 3rd and 4th string guys against Chicago's 1st and 2nd String players. Oh wait, we lost to Chicago's 3rd and 4th string players.

Frankly I'd like to see "winning the game" being a little more important to the Broncos. Oh well.
    Can't win with Lynch, and our 3rd string defense is very bad.
    Superbowl 50 Champions!

I can see this scenario becoming a pattern for the season. Outplaying the opponent, and losing the game in the end. We are now 0-2. But it's only Preseason, right? And it was only our 3rd and 4th string guys against Chicago's 1st and 2nd String players. Oh wait, we lost to Chicago's 3rd and 4th string players.

Frankly I'd like to see "winning the game" being a little more important to the Broncos. Oh well.
    They likely would have won if Kelly stayed in. But they had to go through the motions of playing Lynch.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    Can't win with Lynch, and our 3rd string defense is very bad.
    I think the point is that the likes of Chicago has better depth than the Broncos.

Lynch should be on the next Air Canada flight out of Dodge.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    Well that loss was on our terrible defensive depth and on Lynch. Looking at some of the depth, it's obvious they're not cut out for the league. Bierria looks very bad, and probably should not have been drafted. Yiadom looks very raw as well. He'll probably take a season or more to get it figured out imo. The CB lineup is already very suspect, and if Brock or any starter goes down then it's completion city against our defense.
    Bierra was never going to play much on D this year anyways. He's a special teams guy if he's active. And he'll have the chance to develop.

The good thing about "lack of depth" is that during the season you're never going to have mass substitutions, so you'll always have depth guys able to lean on the regular contributors. But it does show the key is remaining healthy, and learning to cover TEs. However the scheme they run will always leave them in trouble against TEs and RBs when they're in their base set.

I don't care about winning in preseason. The first team O was improved from last week. The run defense was better, covering TEs still poor. Those are the takeaways from this game. Not the W/L.

Last year they went 4-0 and ended up 5-11. The 0-16 Lions and 0-16 Browns both went 4-0 during the preseason. It means nothing.

How much longer are they going to drag this Lynch thing out? Do they really need to see more?

Safety depth was a strength and now its a weakness due to injury. Anyone hear anything about parks?
    Glen Haven Fire

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco51 View Post
    How much longer are they going to drag this Lynch thing out? Do they really need to see more?
    He's unlikely to play next week. Starters will play at least a half, if not into the third quarter. Then 2nd string and 3rd string knocking on the door after that. He'll get the majority of the fourth game, and I'm sure they'll hope he boosts his stock enough that someone offers a 7th for him and a 5th.

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco51 View Post
    Broncos would be doing him a favor to release him. Let him get on with the rest of his life.

Quote Originally Posted by armedequation View Post
    Safety depth was a strength and now its a weakness due to injury. Anyone hear anything about parks?

Just from what was posted on here that he was talking around fine after the injury. Not surprising he didn't go back in during a preseason game even if it was minor. Hopefully he'll be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    I don't care about winning in preseason. The first team O was improved from last week. The run defense was better, covering TEs still poor. Those are the takeaways from this game. Not the W/L.

Last year they went 4-0 and ended up 5-11. The 0-16 Lions and 0-16 Browns both went 4-0 during the preseason. It means nothing.
    When you have a lot of youth and inexperience on a team that hasn't won a game since early December, it means something. I think it's become pretty clear that the Broncos need help in the Secondary, having traded away one of the top Cornerbacks in the league for ........... nothing. They also need to get a Veteran QB in here to learn the Playbook as soon as possible. Lynch should be gone at that point as he is very simply a waste of valuable time.

He's unlikely to play next week. Starters will play at least a half, if not into the third quarter. Then 2nd string and 3rd string knocking on the door after that. He'll get the majority of the fourth game, and I'm sure they'll hope he boosts his stock enough that someone offers a 7th for him and a 5th.
    At this point, I would take a bag of Doritos and a Coke Zero

I donít see any team giving up a pick for him, not even a 7th round. Could be wrong but Lynch has squandered the opportunities.

Quote Originally Posted by sendacash View Post
    At this point, I would take a bag of Doritos and a Coke Zero
    Doritos and Mountain Dew are a pretty good combo.