Page 30 of 31 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    Bierra was never going to play much on D this year anyways. He's a special teams guy if he's active. And he'll have the chance to develop.

The good thing about "lack of depth" is that during the season you're never going to have mass substitutions, so you'll always have depth guys able to lean on the regular contributors. But it does show the key is remaining healthy, and learning to cover TEs. However the scheme they run will always leave them in trouble against TEs and RBs when they're in their base set.
    Agree, he isn't going to play much. But it seems he's destined for the practice squad and will likely not be a contributor overall on this team. I didn't see him do all that much on Special teams either. But I digress, he's a 6th rounder that isn't going to be on this team for long anyways.

Yiadom however is a concern, because there's a good chance he'll see playing time this year, and he is straight up a liability.

And as for covering TEs and RBs, it's just simply not going to be solved until Cravens comes in. Even then, I don't expect much because of all the time he's missed and been off the field.
    Superbowl 50 Champions!

Lost the ball and the game on a fumble!

Quote Originally Posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    Well that loss was on our terrible defensive depth and on Lynch. Looking at some of the depth, it's obvious they're not cut out for the league. Bierria looks very bad, and probably should not have been drafted. Yiadom looks very raw as well. He'll probably take a season or more to get it figured out imo. The CB lineup is already very suspect, and if Brock or any starter goes down then it's completion city against our defense.
    Not to make excuses, but the Bears left Chase Daniels in the rest of the game, he's a 10 year vet who should be picking these guys apart.

Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    Doritos and Mountain Dew are a pretty good combo.
    and maybe a little bit of Colorado home grown to wet the appetite?

Would love to bring back Kayvon Webster

Quote Originally Posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
    Not to make excuses, but the Bears left Chase Daniels in the rest of the game, he's a 10 year vet who should be picking these guys apart.
    He is a vet, but the receivers he was throwing to aren't. All night it seemed more that Daniels was exploiting Bierria and Yiadom's mistakes in coverage than it was throwing the receivers open. I'm probably being harder than I need to on those two, but it is what it is. They looked bad. It'll probably be awhile before they start putting it together if at all, i.e Brendan Langley.
    Superbowl 50 Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    Agree, he isn't going to play much. But it seems he's destined for the practice squad and will likely not be a contributor overall on this team. I didn't see him do all that much on Special teams either. But I digress, he's a 6th rounder that isn't going to be on this team for long anyways.

Yiadom however is a concern, because there's a good chance he'll see playing time this year, and he is straight up a liability.

And as for covering TEs and RBs, it's just simply not going to be solved until Cravens comes in. Even then, I don't expect much because of all the time he's missed and been off the field.
    He was decent on special teams last week. He just seems like the next in the line of Broncos LBs who get picked late and then developed.

Cravens would help v TEs. But they need to add some wrinkles to their base scheme if they don't want to get picked on early by TEs. KC has everything worked out, they use motion to force Miller into coverage v Kelce, which is problematic because it takes away Denver's best pass rusher/run stuffer.

Bring a blitz from the secondary and drop a lineman into the TE window. Something like that. Just change it up to make the other teams work for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
    The problem is that WE don't have a "10-year Vet" at QB, and Chicago does. So you're right that you can't use that as an excuse for losing.

Quote Originally Posted by roushmartin6 View Post
    Would love to bring back Kayvon Webster
    May have to. Id bring him in now for langely
    Glen Haven Fire

Quote Originally Posted by sendacash View Post
    and maybe a little bit of Colorado home grown to wet the appetite?
    Lol...

10 char

Quote Originally Posted by armedequation View Post
    May have to. Id bring him in now for langely
    I honestly think Webster brings more to the table than Brock does.

Edit: Also the drop off from really from after Harris and Roby is steep. Brock doesn't seem to be close to their level, and then it gets even steeper with Langley and Yiadom. If we can fit Webster into the cap space, I would do it.
    Last edited by TheAsianPA; 08-18-2018 at 09:50 PM.
    Superbowl 50 Champions!

He was decent on special teams last week. He just seems like the next in the line of Broncos LBs who get picked late and then developed.

Cravens would help v TEs. But they need to add some wrinkles to their base scheme if they don't want to get picked on early by TEs. KC has everything worked out, they use motion to force Miller into coverage v Kelce, which is problematic because it takes away Denver's best pass rusher/run stuffer.

Bring a blitz from the secondary and drop a lineman into the TE window. Something like that. Just change it up to make the other teams work for it.
    Sort of like what Carolina did when Ealy picked off Manning?

Sort of like what Carolina did when Ealy picked off Manning?
    Yes, and like what Denver (Miller) did in the AFC Championship, as well as what Pittsburgh has done forever. Going with a 5 man front helps against the run but puts a lot of stress on the LBs to cover, they have a long distance to go to get where they need to be. Mixing it up makes defenses think twice about that passing lane. Or at least delays it slightly giving the LB more time when you don't mix it up.

Yes, and like what Denver (Miller) did in the AFC Championship, as well as what Pittsburgh has done forever. Going with a 5 man front helps against the run but puts a lot of stress on the LBs to cover, they have a long distance to go to get where they need to be. Mixing it up makes defenses think twice about that passing lane. Or at least delays it slightly giving the LB more time when you don't mix it up.
    Makes sense and now I recall that play by Miller...even Brady didnít expect Miller to be there.

Makes sense and now I recall that play by Miller...even Brady didn’t expect Miller to be there.
    Peyton Manning would've expected it...
    2014/2015 Adopt-A-Bronco : TJ Ward - GO DUCKS!