Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    I wander does this mean that Lynch is here regardless? With the dead money they are eating with Watson I suppose they won't want to cut Lynch

As much as I'm happy to see Watson gone that second half by Billy Turner doesn't exactly give me the warm and fuzzy if Veldheer or Bolles go down either.

Special thanks to Sam_Z for the SB rings collage above

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    Must have been me....he was the answer to our Broncos Trivia question, yesterday!
    Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    Lol I just commented to you on this in the trivia thread.
    Yes DB.....and just to make sure I reach the entire Bronco base, is there anyone else you want released?

OK, lets try this....he's a 6'7" backup QB and likes the number that represents a dozen. Who is he? (poof)

(hey, to those who like him, please disregard my foolishness)

Last year there were some decent tackles available like Andrew Whitworth, Riley Reiff, and Ricky Wagner. Elway instead opted for the bargain bin and picked up the always injured Watson. The funny (sad) part is that while trying to save money they now way overpaid, and have to pay Watson to go away.

Moral of the story.... I guess... is that you can never save money on o-linemen, either draft and develop them or pay for a good one.

And there was much rejoicing.......

We must really like some of the rooks enough to take the hit..
    http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

Adopted Bronco: Andy Janovich

Sam must be partying right now
    Glen Haven Fire

Where are you Sam??? Want to put in your

Should have cut him before June and saved the 5.5 million along with not signing Brock for 4 million (5.5+4=9.5 million) in which case we could have kept Talib (11 million). Sigh...

Quote Originally Posted by kapzk View Post
    Should have cut him before June and saved the 5.5 million along with not signing Brock for 4 million (5.5+4=9.5 million) in which case we could have kept Talib (11 million). Sigh...
    He was hurt (shocker) and couldn't pass a physical until after the date his contract was guaranteed, so they were stuck paying him. It was just a horrible deal all around.

Blame Elway for giving a contract that was guaranteed against injury to a player who is always injured. Watson had to be thinking he won the lottery as he was signing the contract.
    Last edited by Broncos-R-Great; 08-20-2018 at 02:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bootleg View Post
    More dead money, but the Broncos are still only middle of the pack when it comes to that across the league. Hopefully they move Billy Turner back inside to guard (he's better depth there than he is at tackle) and keep Kouandjio as the swing tackle.
    Dont save much this year, but Den has near 10 mil in cap now, we'll get the savings off next years cap, saves about 6.1 mil.

He's the first of alot of veterans who could get the axe next offseason.

Quote Originally Posted by kapzk View Post
    Talib wasnt let go because of his contract, not sure why people think that's the SOLE reason he was let go/traded.

Quote Originally Posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
    Last year there were some decent tackles available like Andrew Whitworth, Riley Reiff, and Ricky Wagner. Elway instead opted for the bargain bin and picked up the always injured Watson. The funny (sad) part is that while trying to save money they now way overpaid, and have to pay Watson to go away.

Moral of the story.... I guess... is that you can never save money on o-linemen, either draft and develop them or pay for a good one.
    Yep and FA year before, Mitch Schwartz signed a bargain contract with KC for barely 6-7 mil a year, and Den opted for Stephenson on the first or second day of FA.

If you're gonna go for a FA OL, better spend on them, not gonna find many good ones who are cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    Where are you Sam??? Want to put in your
    Menlik Watson has been placed on Reserve/Injured. While his financial impact on the team isn't good, it is necessary to remove him from roster consideration.

This clarifies the O-Line depth situation. With Bolles, Leary, Paradis, McGovern and Veldheer starting, depth looks like Turner and Kouandijo for sure with Garcia and Wilkinson likely as the eighth and ninth O-Linemen. Poutasi, Jones, Dielman and Schlottman are possible candidates for the PS.

With the recent release of OT Leon Johnson and the subsequent signing of OT Austin Fleer, Denver's TC O-Line group is at fifteen which is just enough for first, second and third team lines.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Quote Originally Posted by ERoyal248 View Post
    Yep and FA year before, Mitch Schwartz signed a bargain contract with KC for barely 6-7 mil a year, and Den opted for Stephenson on the first or second day of FA.

If you're gonna go for a FA OL, better spend on them, not gonna find many good ones who are cheap.
    Yep, since they've been bad at drafting and developing o-lineman, the only other option is to open the checkbook.