Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 31
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Ville of Rose, NorCal
    Posts
    18,338

    The Concert Thread

    Where are you headed and who are you going to see? How was it?!?!

    Sooo... the kids' mom allowed the kids to buy themselves tickets to a concert that is tonight. Last minute planning and I'm now the sucka that get's to take them and each have a friend going.

    Ski Mask The Slump Dog?!?! Holy heck, what did I get roped in to?!?!?
    *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
    *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
    *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*



  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    7,510
    Quote Originally Posted by ebsoria View Post
    Where are you headed and who are you going to see? How was it?!?!

    Sooo... the kids' mom allowed the kids to buy themselves tickets to a concert that is tonight. Last minute planning and I'm now the sucka that get's to take them and each have a friend going.

    Ski Mask The Slump Dog?!?! Holy heck, what did I get roped in to?!?!?
    I don't know what that is, but you're a major league dad, for sure.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Ville of Rose, NorCal
    Posts
    18,338
    Quote Originally Posted by Spice 1 View Post
    I don't know what that is, but you're a major league dad, for sure.
    Ha! Thank you! I'll report back tomorrow. After checking youtube, I'm not very excited.
    *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
    *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
    *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*



  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Ozarks
    Posts
    13,254
    Quote Originally Posted by ebsoria View Post
    Where are you headed and who are you going to see? How was it?!?!

    Sooo... the kids' mom allowed the kids to buy themselves tickets to a concert that is tonight. Last minute planning and I'm now the sucka that get's to take them and each have a friend going.

    Ski Mask The Slump Dog?!?! Holy heck, what did I get roped in to?!?!?
    You mean Ski Mask the Slump God?

    Oh and have fun.
    Last edited by FL BRONCO; 08-21-2018 at 01:34 PM.
    My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Ville of Rose, NorCal
    Posts
    18,338
    Quote Originally Posted by FL BRONCO View Post
    You mean Ski Mask the Slump God?

    Oh and have fun.
    I can't get it's name straight! But, yes, that looks like it's it.
    *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
    *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
    *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*



  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Pittsburg, KS :(
    Posts
    3,289
    I have seen 3 concerts this summer. Gin Wigmore at the Fox Theater in Boulder ... great show. Then I went on a trip to California and Washington seeing Ann Wilson, Paul Rodgers and Jeff Beck at the 5 points ampitheater in Irvine, CA. Ann was so-so she played NO Heart that was disappointing, Paul Rodgers was a good show, played a lot of BadCo his band is actually call Free Spirit sort of after his first band in the 60s, Free. He has a pretty good lead guitarist. Jeff Beck was good, great guitarist - one of my favorite - his band was pretty good too ... very powerful guitar.
    Went and saw the grandkids in Spokane WA and then traveled over to Snoqualmie for a show by Roger Hodgson at the ampitheater there... great show and great venue Roger is a very good entertainer and musician and his band was great too ... one of his band members played sax, flute, harmonica, clarinet, piano and some other instrument that is a keyboard that has a strap over his shoulder and he also blows into it and he has good vocals too. GREAT show.
    Oh yeah, saw the Dixie Dregs at the Boulder theater last March too. Good show, great musicians.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Ville of Rose, NorCal
    Posts
    18,338
    Quote Originally Posted by brianmcfarlane View Post
    I have seen 3 concerts this summer. Gin Wigmore at the Fox Theater in Boulder ... great show. Then I went on a trip to California and Washington seeing Ann Wilson, Paul Rodgers and Jeff Beck at the 5 points ampitheater in Irvine, CA. Ann was so-so she played NO Heart that was disappointing, Paul Rodgers was a good show, played a lot of BadCo his band is actually call Free Spirit sort of after his first band in the 60s, Free. He has a pretty good lead guitarist. Jeff Beck was good, great guitarist - one of my favorite - his band was pretty good too ... very powerful guitar.
    Went and saw the grandkids in Spokane WA and then traveled over to Snoqualmie for a show by Roger Hodgson at the ampitheater there... great show and great venue Roger is a very good entertainer and musician and his band was great too ... one of his band members played sax, flute, harmonica, clarinet, piano and some other instrument that is a keyboard that has a strap over his shoulder and he also blows into it and he has good vocals too. GREAT show.
    Oh yeah, saw the Dixie Dregs at the Boulder theater last March too. Good show, great musicians.
    Sounds like you've had some good times! CHEERS!!!!
    *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
    *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
    *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*



  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    9,530
    I saw Stone Temple Pilots, Bush, and The Cult on Saturday night at Isleta Amphitheatre in Albuquerque. The new, younger singer of STP
    Jeff Gutt sounds just like the old one Scott Weiland (R.I.P.)and they did a great job, but Bush stole the show! They were very high energy and the lead singer Gavin Rossdale came running down into and through the crowd and even way out onto the green! Never seen anything like it! On the way back he came running down my row and almost plowed me over - it was great! The Cult was meh.
    Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Ville of Rose, NorCal
    Posts
    18,338
    Okay, that was NOT what I expected. Based off what I saw on youtube I was expecting a more "gangsta rap" vibe. I was waaay wrong. I'd call it more "pop rap". In fact, when we got back into the truck I had asked the four kids(ages 14, 14, 16, 16) if there was something wrong with Ski. He stuck me as possibly slightly Down or had some sort of mental development issues. I don't quite know what it was.

    I had to be about the oldest person int he crowd. As we waited in line they asked everyone under 21 to put a hand in the air so they could get a sticker indicating. It seemed like about five of us kept our hands down. Then once verified I was of drinking age I was given a different wrist band. Since I was driving, I wasn't drinking. But what a night to have been drinking! Each time I looked over at the five different bars there was NO ONE waiting in line!!

    I'd probably not go again. However, seeing the pure joy in my kids' faces made it worth it.
    *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
    *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
    *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*



  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Ville of Rose, NorCal
    Posts
    18,338
    Our GM and COO just bumped into my office asking if I wanted to join them for Kid Rock and Brantley Gilbert tomorrow at the Toyota Amphitheater in Wheatland. Not a huge fan of the venue because it's a ton of people jamming in trying to get out on a two lane dirt road.

    But the concert should be great!!
    *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
    *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
    *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*



  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    An End Zone Near You
    Posts
    16,163
    Quote Originally Posted by ebsoria View Post
    Our GM and COO just bumped into my office asking if I wanted to join them for Kid Rock and Brantley Gilbert tomorrow at the Toyota Amphitheater in Wheatland. Not a huge fan of the venue because it's a ton of people jamming in trying to get out on a two lane dirt road.

    But the concert should be great!!
    We saw Tim McGraw there it was awesome... as long as you're not in the lawn seating it's not too horrible.

    2013 Adopted Bronco - Duke Ihenacho

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Ville of Rose, NorCal
    Posts
    18,338
    Quote Originally Posted by JakeNbake View Post
    We saw Tim McGraw there it was awesome... as long as you're not in the lawn seating it's not too horrible.
    That's where I'll be for part of it. Sounds like we have some close and in the lawn and there will be bouncing back and forth. I just hate the getting in and out.
    *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
    *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
    *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*



  13. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Buckeye Nation
    Posts
    8,976
    I've seen hundreds beyond hundreds of bands. I've seen a lot of shows but the bulk of bands have been at festivals such as Ozzfest.

    Pantera was my favorite live act! I was fortunate enough to see them live like 10 times before it came to an end.

    Notables that I've seen

    Metallica
    The original Black Sabbath lineup.
    Megadeth with the Rust In Piece lineup
    The original Sepultura lineup
    Black Crowes
    Black Label Society
    Ozzy several times solo
    Slipknot
    Down

    I could keep going but we'd run out of thread lol.

    I went to a festival this summer which had been the first time in awhile I'd been to a show. Loved it, as always. I saw Corrosion Of Conformity, Hatebreed, Devildriver and Black Label Society.
    Last edited by ELWAY421; 08-25-2018 at 06:53 AM.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Ville of Rose, NorCal
    Posts
    18,338
    Quote Originally Posted by ELWAY421 View Post
    I've seen hundreds beyond hundreds of bands. I've seen a lot of show but the bulk of bands have been at festivals such as Ozzfest.

    Pantera was my favorite live act! I was fortunate enough to see them live like 10 times before it came to an end.

    Notables that I've seen

    Metallica
    The original Black Sabbath lineup.
    Megadeth with the Rust In Piece lineup
    The original Sepultura lineup
    Black Crowes
    Black Label Society
    Ozzy several times solo
    Slipknot
    Down

    I could keep going but we'd run out of thread lol.

    I went a festival this summer which had been the first time in awhile I'd been to a show. Loved it, as always. I saw Corrosion Of Conformity, Hatebreed, Devildriver and Black Label Society.
    Festivals is where it's at. We have an annual Country in the Park and in Napa we also have Bottle Rock. CITP is a one day thing, but Bottle is three days and happens to be right smack dab in the middle of my hometown. So it's fun to bump into people I haven't seen in years. I need to make sure to go next year. I missed the last three.
    *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
    *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
    *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*



  15. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    land of the firebird
    Posts
    8,060
    Im pretty bummed as one of my favorites in minus the bear is calling it done. They will play one last tour and will be here in denver on the 5th of december. If you like alt rock at all i highly recommend going. They are never expensive and always sound just as good if not better in concert. Dave knudson is crazy talented and i got to meet him earlier this year, real down to earth cool dude

    So many concerts. Used to hit up ktcl's freeloader concerts any chance we could. Buddy of mine ended up winning smashing pumpkins tickets at a placebo freeloader concert. This was after missing out on the pumpkins tickets earlier in the week when we had waited 4 hours in a blizzard

    Tool at red rocks was my virgin concert experience. That was so much fun and awesome to see. Maynard came out looking like anjelica houston

    However i did not get to see my all time favorite in Pink Floyd. My parents had tickets and went but didnt take me. It was 94 the pulse tour at the old mile high stadium...
    Last edited by armedequation; 08-26-2018 at 08:31 AM.
    Glen Haven Fire

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •