Kiwi Kids about to live our dream scenarios!!!

Hi everyone!!!

First of all, please move my post if it shouldn't be here. I haven't been on the Broncos forums for a few years now so have lost my way a bit (I did however join back in 2006 as this was the only way I got my Broncos gold back in the day!)

My childhood friend and I both grew up in Christchurch, New Zealand (not sure how many people will know where that is ) and have been huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge football fans for the last 20 years. As much as we love Rugby in our homeland, Football has always just had something special that we have loved. Ever since 1998 when we randomly got a Denver Broncos game on TV (we would have hopefully 1 a week at 12pm on a Monday) I fell in love and have followed them ever since. I recently got married to my wife last year and the only other time I've bawled my eyes out was watching Superbowl 50 in front of all my friends on Waitangi Day (New Zealand Holiday). When we got married I even forced my best friend (he'll come up again later) to give my wife a Denver Broncos Superbowl 50 championship ring instead of my wedding band

Anyway, back to the real story. My best friend and I grew up together constantly playing Madden in Franchise mode, taking our Broncos and Rams through 20-30 seasons and playing countless head to heads. We ended up having to go our separate ways after University for jobs and he now lives in Australia, while I live in London. We skype and chat all the time, but only get to see each other every few years. He called me the other day and said he was going to a family members wedding in Utah, and said he might try catch a football game while he was over there. Next thing we know his favourite team the Los Angeles Rams were playing the exact weekend he would be in the states....against the BRONCOS!! It took us all of 5 seconds to decide that I was going to fly to Denver to watch my 2nd ever Broncos game with my best friend, against his favourite team at Mile High!! I'm more pumped for this than anything ever and this is where we need some help from the Broncos community!!!

- How in the world do we join the tailgate?? We see it all the time on TV but have never been to one. Do we have to have a car park pass/friends or can we just rock up and try to make friends?
    - Disclaimer again my best friend is a huge Rams fan, can he come too?
    - I know Mile High has been sold out for the last 40 years (I even joined the season ticket waiting list about 10 years ago just in case I moved there!) but I have no idea how to actually get tickets. I assume we have to buy them off a reseller because they are all sold out?
    - Any tips on where the best spots in the stadium are to sit?

- ANY OTHER TIPS ON HOW TO LOVE BRONCOS FOOTBALL WHILE WE'RE IN DENVER I'M SO EXCITED!!!!

ARGHGHGHGHGHG
    Dumervil's Biggest Fan

Congrats on getting the chance to go to Denver for a game! I moved this to the Tailgating Section, hopefully people in here can help you out.

As for tickets, I would recommend going to Ticketmaster.com and looking up Denver Broncos, that way you can select that game and it will let you see any unpurchased tickets (probably none) but also give you a chance to look for tickets being sold by the ticket holders in a secure way.

https://www.stubhub.com/denver-bronc...sort=price+asc

https://www1.ticketmaster.com/denver..._header_search

Welcome back to the BCMB. Hope you both have a great time. Come back and let us know how it went.
    Last edited by Peanut; 08-21-2018 at 02:33 PM.
    It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see.

Henry David Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by rusty_thomson View Post
    - How in the world do we join the tailgate?? We see it all the time on TV but have never been to one. Do we have to have a car park pass/friends or can we just rock up and try to make friends?
    - Disclaimer again my best friend is a huge Rams fan, can he come too?
    - I know Mile High has been sold out for the last 40 years (I even joined the season ticket waiting list about 10 years ago just in case I moved there!) but I have no idea how to actually get tickets. I assume we have to buy them off a reseller because they are all sold out?
    - Any tips on where the best spots in the stadium are to sit?

- ANY OTHER TIPS ON HOW TO LOVE BRONCOS FOOTBALL WHILE WE'RE IN DENVER I'M SO EXCITED!!!!

ARGHGHGHGHGHG
    There are 2 stickies at the top of the forum. Lots of good information in them, but quite long. The first few posts might have what you're looking for.

Here's some things that I have read.

- I'm almost positive that anyone can join a tailgate without a park pass. When they find out how far you have traveled to be there, I'm sure they will welcome you.

- Despite your friend's bad taste in teams (joking! Sort of. ), any person that stays respectful should have no problem.

- As Butler said, we can recommend Ticketmaster because they are a sponsor for this MB and because they are secure (and Stub Hub).

- From what I've heard, there are no bad seats at Mile High.

I know you're going to have a great time. I hope you come back and share your experiences with us.
    Last edited by Peanut; 08-21-2018 at 02:35 PM.
    Administrator

#LupusAwareness

Adopted Bronco: Derek Wolfe --- I adopted: Everyone!

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Very cool story. Sure hope you both have a great time!

With your accents, you'll be welcome at pretty much any tailgate. I'd honestly just walk around telling people your story and saying hi to folks a couple hours before the game. Your friend wearing a Rams jersey will be fine, as long as you have your Broncos jersey on (and constantly apologize for his misguided ways)

I'd stay away from parking anywhere near the game. A couple dollars for the train ride from downtown is a MUCH more desirable option.

Thanks for all the comments they are all really useful!

We will definitely try and cruise around the Tailgates beforehand and see if we can meet some people! Are we allowed to bring our own drinks into the Tailgate or do you have to purchase them all in there?
    Dumervil's Biggest Fan

Bring your own to the tailgate (which is just fans hanging out in the parking lot). You can't bring anything inside the stadium outside of the basics... phone, wallet, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua2585 View Post
    Bring your own to the tailgate (which is just fans hanging out in the parking lot). You can't bring anything inside the stadium outside of the basics... phone, wallet, etc.
    I would check out the policy for things you can and cannot take in. I took a small "purse" to FedEx Field Friday night. One that I had taken in before. Not this time. Seems that they are more strict than before.

https://www.denverbroncos.com/stadium/

https://www.denverbroncos.com/stadium/clearbagpolicy
    Administrator

#LupusAwareness

Adopted Bronco: Derek Wolfe --- I adopted: Everyone!

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Quote Originally Posted by Peanut View Post
    There are 2 stickies at the top of the forum. Lots of good information in them, but quite long. The first few posts might have what you're looking for.

Here's some things that I have read.

- I'm almost positive that anyone can join a tailgate without a park pass. When they find out how far you have traveled to be there, I'm sure they will welcome you.

- Despite your friend's bad taste in teams (joking! Sort of. ), any person that stays respectful should have no problem.

- As Butler said, we can recommend Ticketmaster because they are a sponsor for this MB and because they are secure (and Stub Hub).

- From what I've heard, there are no bad seats at Mile High.

I know you're going to have a great time. I hope you come back and share your experiences with us.
    That is correct! Especially if your'e from out of town and super thrilled to be there! My first time was up in the nose bleeds. Been all over the stadium since, including Club Level(twice), and all are amazing!
    *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
    *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
    *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*

We've got our tickets ready to pick up on Gameday and are ready to go!! We can't wait!!

Have been reading up on the tailgating info and will try and jump in and make some friends. Are there any organised tailgates that we can buy tickets to and show up? I can't find any info about this anywhere?

Thanks!!
    Dumervil's Biggest Fan