Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Bronco View Post
    I feel like DAL has traditionally been a little jealous of, and annoyed w/DEN (perhaps going back to Reeves having success in DEN). It’s like we’re their AFC kid brothers in the mountains that have somehow found a way to go to 8 SBs, and even occasionally have stretches of being “America’s Team” (i.e. Elway twilight years, Tebow-mania, Manning era, etc.). Stolen some of their thunder/spotlight. Particularly with them largely being in disarray since ‘95. Just a theory anyway....
    So....did you watch the Dallas preseason game against Cincinnati? The Dallas announcers were talking about the 2011 NFL draft, and how awesome it was. They started going down the list, "Cam Newton, AJ Green, Julio Jones, Tyron Smith, JJ Watt..." Then, another announcer went out of his way to go, "Hey, did we get JJ Watt yet?"

Last night on Sandy C's show he mentioned that of all the QB's in preseason Kelly ranked higher than all of the 1st round 2018 QBs's take as far as QB Rating. I did a search for backup qb's but couldn't find an article. While I like Kelly it would be nice to have a vet like Bridgewater ( 4th rd pick in trade) or RGIII etc. And it was also beyond funny that Paxton's QB rating before last night was 39!!! He jumped up to 68 last night which may help if we could trade him for a 4th rounder or 5th rounder. In looking over the NFL there are a ton of teams starting with Washington who may be fooled into thinking the can "fix" Paxton. No matter what if we can't trade him he should be cut as at this point he is a joke. Even without a trade we can and should pick up a vet which won't hurt Kelly at all he can certainly grow a lot in the season say coming in at cleanup time.
    Bronco Bob

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    Johnson?
    Yes, our head coach Vance Johnson. I personally would have preferred Ricky Nattiel.

Quote Originally Posted by gerontion View Post
    Yes, our head coach Vance Johnson. I personally would have preferred Ricky Nattiel.
    Mark Jackson never gets any love.

Quote Originally Posted by gerontion View Post
    Throw in Mark Jackson and we could have a triumvirate for the head coaching spot.

Then, some people could have three possible guys about whom to complain.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Quote Originally Posted by Spice 1 View Post
    So....did you watch the Dallas preseason game against Cincinnati? The Dallas announcers were talking about the 2011 NFL draft, and how awesome it was. They started going down the list, "Cam Newton, AJ Green, Julio Jones, Tyron Smith, JJ Watt..." Then, another announcer went out of his way to go, "Hey, did we get JJ Watt yet?"
    Ha. Wow. Pathetic...

Quote Originally Posted by Rastic View Post
    Mark Jackson never gets any love.
    Mark was my fav of the three.

LOL, my mistake. Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by MH Stampede View Post
    Mark was my fav of the three.
    Probably mine, too. I'll never forget his sliding td catch during "The Drive."

Im hearing sloter passed trevor on minn depth chart. Good thing for mn is that trevor was cheap
    Glen Haven Fire

Quote Originally Posted by armedequation View Post
    Im hearing sloter passed trevor on minn depth chart. Good thing for mn is that trevor was cheap
    Bad thing for us, there’s our vet QB if he gets cut

Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    Bad thing for us, there’s our vet QB if he gets cut
    The Vikings are sitting in a similar cap situation as we currently are, $10.4 mill to $9.8 mill respectively. Sloter is an intriguing player who, even now, has only looked good against 3rd and 4th string players but to his credit has done so well. If they cut Siemian it is doubtful they roll with Cousins and Sloter as backup, so who do they sign that is cap friendly that will leave them with a reserve of emergency funds for the season?

My guess is they roll with the three they have who will probably all be on the active roster.

It's funny, our QB situation is pretty similar to the Vikings. A solid vet leader, a broken QB, and an unproven QB that excites the fans.
    Last edited by Rastic; 08-25-2018 at 06:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kansas Bob View Post
    I think QB's on most teams have a big advantage on all our QB's in the fact that they don't have VJ as their head coach. We have a good OC, other coaches but Johnson drags their good work down by being him. Elway decided to live with him another year so we have to live with him also. The Vikings are doing better with our rejects because they have a better head coach! Winning starts at the top! Any weak links can damage us and VJ is a weak link!
    I hope it won't be long Johnson is out of there.
    https://media.giphy.com/media/cAgxSFqbyaQgeyY3VA/giphy.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Rastic View Post
    The Vikings are sitting in a similar cap situation as we currently are, $10.4 mill to $9.8 mill respectively. Sloter is an intriguing player who, even now, has only looked good against 3rd and 4th string players but to his credit has done so well. If they cut Siemian it is doubtful they roll with Cousins and Sloter as backup, so who do they sign that is cap friendly that will leave them with a reserve of emergency funds for the season?

My guess is they roll with the three they have who will probably all be on the active roster.

It's funny, our QB situation is pretty similar to the Vikings. A solid vet leader, a broken QB, and an unproven QB that excites the fans.
    if trevor keeps playing like he did last night, he wont be. he was 4/8 for 3 yards. Yes I had to double check that he had more completions than yards. last week he was 5/10 for 46 yards. So technically speaking lynch had a better game than trevor did. good thing is that its not our qb competition anymore

we are similar to them and both of us will probably only keep 2, thats just how I see it though. Thats also why i had a problem with brandt labeling them with one of the most envious situations
    Glen Haven Fire

Quote Originally Posted by Rancid View Post
    I hope it won't be long Johnson is out of there.
    Long Johnson?