Page 1 of 24 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Broncos @ Redskins Preseason Week 3 Game Night Thread

Hi, Broncos fans! . Our 2018 Denver Broncos try to avoid remain winless, as they are in the East Coast to play the Washington Redskins.

Most of the starters and first-string players traditionally are on the field for the most playing time during tonight's third preseason game.

Broncos and Redskins players and each teams coaching staffs, continue both their on-field audition and evaluation in live game action, to form the final 53-man regular season roster, from the current 90-man training camp roster by the September 3, deadline.

Tonight is the Broncos first preseason meeting with the Redskins since 2004, and Redskins are also hosting a preseason game with our Broncos in Our Nation's Capital Since 1973.

Denver will try to win in a preseason game in Washington D.C. in their third attempt, but also their first preseason game tonight played at FedExField. Redskins routed the Broncos, 41-10, on August 11, 1972. and 14-10 on August 10, 1973 with both games played at RFK Stadium.

Washington defeated Denver by the score of 20-17, in both teams recent preseason game ,when both teams met at the Pro Football Hall Of Fame Game in Canton, Ohio, on August 9, 2004.

Denver and Washington are playing their seventh preseason game and meeting in the preseason. Redskins owns a 5-1 record after games played with the Broncos in August 1971, 1972, 1973, 1979, 1984, and the 2004 PFHOF Game.

Redskins also defeated the Broncos 17-13 in both teams first preseason meeting at Mile High Stadium in 1971.

Broncos only preseason win over the Redskins was their 13-6 win, played at Mile High Stadium, back on August 11, 1979.

Denver Broncos in their team history had only one winless preseason record. Broncos were winless in their very first year in professional football, back in 1960, finishing 0-5 in the preseason. and eventually finished their first regular season in the American Football League at 4-9-1.

Broncos finished their 2017 NFL Preseason Record undefeated at 4-0, and outscoring the Bears, 49ers, Packers, and Cardinals 107 points to 50 points in those four games. 2017 was their first undefeated preseason since 2005.

Broncos also had their first undefeated preseason in 1982, and later in 2000. Both Denver Broncos teams finished with 11-5 regular season records.

Washington though, also defeated Denver by the score of 42-10 in Super Bowl XXII, played in San Diego back on January 26, 1986.

Washington defeated Denver most recently with a 27-11 win at FedEx Field back on December 24, 2017. Broncos and Redskins are also tied 7-7 in the all-time regular and postseason series between the teams.

Redskins signed RB Adrian Peterson to help and add depth to their running game for tonight's contest with the Broncos. Peterson will wear #26 in his jersey, last worn by former Bronco and Redskin player Clinton Portis. Portis is currently the sideline reporter for the Redskins Preseason Television Network.

Mostly sunny skies 79 degrees, feels like 77 degrees, along with 6 mile east/northeast winds, is the game forecast tonight, for the 5:35PM Mountain Standard Time kickoff at FedExField, in Landover/Hyattsville, Maryland.

NO injuries, great luck to all the players making their cut to play for the upcoming 2017 NFL regular season, win your first game, albeit on the road, in your 2018 NFL season, and LET'S GO BRONCOS!!!!

Broncos @ Redskins Live 2018 NFL Preseason Game Center:

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/201808...fo&tab=preview
    Last edited by CaribouRanch; 08-25-2018 at 01:43 PM.

I read earlier that Lynch might not even get to play tonight. Let's see how that works out with upsetting him.
    *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
    *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
    *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*

I actually hope Denver goes 0-4 this preseason. Last year they go 4-0 and have arguably one of the worst seasons in team history. Reverse psychology I guess......

Andy Jano 2017 adopted Bronco

Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    I actually hope Denver goes 0-4 this preseason. Last year they go 4-0 and have arguably one of the worst seasons in team history. Reverse psychology I guess......
    I'd be okay with that.
    *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
    *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
    *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*

All I want is some efficient movement of the ball on O, some good stops on D and NO INJURIES
    http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

Adopted Bronco: Andy Janovich

Quote Originally Posted by EddieMac View Post
    All I want is some efficient movement of the ball on O, some good stops on D and NO INJURIES
    I 2nd that, please oh please stay away from the injury bug!!

Andy Jano 2017 adopted Bronco

Last week was good, the first and second teamers did well. Lynch blowed and the 3rd team D gave up 2 late TD's to lose but so what. Pre-season wins and losses are meaningless as we saw last year.

Hopefully no injuries and efficiency on both sides of the ball. It will be fun watching Chad Kelly and see how his progression is going

Thanks for starting the thread, CaribouRanch.

I have an hour before we leave for the game. I don't care if it's preseason, I'm excited to see the Broncos again. Should have a good look at the starters. Having a full half should settle them in.
    Administrator

#LupusAwareness

Adopted Bronco: Derek Wolfe --- I adopted: Everyone!

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Quote Originally Posted by Peanut View Post
    Thanks for starting the thread, CaribouRanch.

I have an hour before we leave for the game. I don't care if it's preseason, I'm excited to see the Broncos again. Should have a good look at the starters. Having a full half should settle them in.
    Have fun!!!!

Go broncos!
    Glen Haven Fire

Hope to see another quick start. We were bad at that all year last year and in the first preseason game. Hopefully the 2nd game wasn't a fluke.

Want a more accurate Keenum, and him working with Sutton more. Throw one deep to him again.

More clarity at RB and TE would be nice, as well.

See more of Chubb and hopefully Jewell. Also want to watch more of Yiadom. I actually think he's been doing really well for a rookie. He's had some balls caught on him - but he's always been right there and been beat just because of great adjustments by WR or timing throws. He should be able to pick that up as he goes and gets more experienced, but he doesn't seem to be blowing coverage and always right there.

I'll be on a date with my wife, though, so I'm probably going to miss all/most of it, which makes me sad. Wish I could rewatch it later somewhere.

Hello everyone!

We're all aware that things can get heated during game time and people can become upset by play or calls or anything... just remember every we still follow the Code of Conduct even during game time. If you miss behave you're more likely to be met with a temporary ban plus IP then at normal times because this is the busiest time for us mods and we won't have time do deal with repeating offenders. If you lovely folks could just behave that'll save us all some time.

Have your opinions share your excitement just make sure to follow the Code of Conduct.

Also... Go Broncos!

2013 Adopted Bronco - Duke Ihenacho

Go Broncos!!!!!!

2019 Adopted Bronco: Phillip Lindsay
    2013 Adopt-a-poster: #87Birdman, AZ Snake Fan,
    BSD, Housh, Humcalc and Sophia

Wish I could watch but am listening on 850 KOA....

Go Broncos.
    Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

I'm glad the CW decided to aire this game!
    Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    I always want to us to get losses out of our system in preseason if we have to lose at all.
    Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016