Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 23

Thread: Sloter

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    Posts
    14,300

    Sloter

    Since I've been pretty critical of him for a year now, I figured I would give him some props. I didn't watch the Vikings/Seahawks game tonight, but looking at the box score Sloter was 11/15 for 85 yards and 2 touchdowns (1, 25) which is pretty good. Compare that to our former starter who was 4/8 for 3 yards.

    In the preseason Sloter is 30/41 73% 236 yards and 3 touchdowns.

    He's turning out to be better than I thought and might just end up beating Siemian for a roster spot.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    the gulf of mexico
    Posts
    15,403
    He’s definitely been playing well but there’s just something about his release/throwing motion that just bothers me.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    9,323
    MHR posted an update about Sloter possibly passing Siemian:

    https://www.milehighreport.com/2018/...gs-depth-chart

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    5,575
    Link below:

    https://twitter.com/EricGoodman/stat...09861871493120

    Details as of right now have Sloter beating out Trevor....

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Temecula, CA
    Posts
    331
    Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    He’s definitely been playing well but there’s just something about his release/throwing motion that just bothers me.
    If you watch his feet instead of his release he looks like a NFL QB but the glove and the way he puts the ball behind his helmet looks odd.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    5,575
    Quote Originally Posted by BroncoNTemecula View Post
    If you watch his feet instead of his release he looks like a NFL QB but the glove and the way he puts the ball behind his helmet looks odd.
    Odd throwing motion...Phillip Rivers. I would say that at this stage of his career Sloter is showing better poise.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    1,192
    Sloter, the one that got away, doing good things for the Vikings. Nice touchdown drive from him tonight.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    Posts
    14,300
    Quote Originally Posted by elway7777 View Post
    Sloter, the one that got away, doing good things for the Vikings. Nice touchdown drive from him tonight.
    Third QB into the game, from what I've read doing not much to wow anyone in camp. Essentially in a battle with Mannion for the backup job, seems like they'll keep Jake Browning as the third QB, or PS QB, so Sloter will have to separate himself from Mannion. I'm not sure a hopeful backup QB is a QB that one can label as the one that got away. If he can become a starter that label would seem appropriate.

    Lets look at the other from Broncos QBs around the league:
    -Paxton Lynch is back to being the QB he was in Denver, so far tonight he's 4/10 for 30 yards and 1 rush for -4

    -Chad Kelly had another impressive game, but he was once again he third Colts QB into action, which means that he's still fourth on their depth chart. He's going to need to show enough to gain some ground quickly or he'll be looking for another team on Sept 1. (I believe he has practice squad eligibility left)

    -Trevor Siemian had the most Trevor Siemian game possible in his first PS game, going 13/16 with a touchdown, but those completions adding up to just 77 yards, or 4.8 yards per attempt. He was 2/4 for 10 yards in the game this week.

    -Case Keenum has had limited reps through two preseason games, going 4/9 for 60 yards and 1 TD in week 1, and then 3/7 for 52 yards in week 2.

    So far I'm not sure I'd label any of these QBs as the ones that got away, but it depends on the play of Flacco and Lock going forward to see how it all plays out.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Nelson, BC
    Posts
    17,975
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    Third QB into the game, from what I've read doing not much to wow anyone in camp. Essentially in a battle with Mannion for the backup job, seems like they'll keep Jake Browning as the third QB, or PS QB, so Sloter will have to separate himself from Mannion. I'm not sure a hopeful backup QB is a QB that one can label as the one that got away. If he can become a starter that label would seem appropriate.

    Lets look at the other from Broncos QBs around the league:
    -Paxton Lynch is back to being the QB he was in Denver, so far tonight he's 4/10 for 30 yards and 1 rush for -4

    -Chad Kelly had another impressive game, but he was once again he third Colts QB into action, which means that he's still fourth on their depth chart. He's going to need to show enough to gain some ground quickly or he'll be looking for another team on Sept 1. (I believe he has practice squad eligibility left)

    -Trevor Siemian had the most Trevor Siemian game possible in his first PS game, going 13/16 with a touchdown, but those completions adding up to just 77 yards, or 4.8 yards per attempt. He was 2/4 for 10 yards in the game this week.

    -Case Keenum has had limited reps through two preseason games, going 4/9 for 60 yards and 1 TD in week 1, and then 3/7 for 52 yards in week 2.

    So far I'm not sure I'd label any of these QBs as the ones that got away, but it depends on the play of Flacco and Lock going forward to see how it all plays out.
    Glad to hear Lynch is coming back to earth !

    And I am rooting for Kelly. Wish he would have focused and stuck around here
    http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

    Adopted Bronco: Andy Janovich

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    13,091
    Quote Originally Posted by elway7777 View Post
    Sloter, the one that got away, doing good things for the Vikings. Nice touchdown drive from him tonight.
    Sloter was fun to watch but you have to admit, third string for yet another season? He clearly isn't making the impression that counts on the depth chart.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    1,041
    Quote Originally Posted by Rastic View Post
    Sloter was fun to watch but you have to admit, third string for yet another season? He clearly isn't making the impression that counts on the depth chart.
    He's doing all he can when given the chance in actual games, although he appears to have issues in practice that are holding him back.

    Being the undrafted guy is counting against him more than it really should.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    Posts
    14,300
    After Mike Zimmer hammered him in his press conference on August 20th, I think he's got a decent chance of being available this weekend. However considering the things Zimmer said are things other NFL coaches would see, I'm not sure he'll be any closer to being a backup QB.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    5,280
    Posts
    6,456
    https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...h-kyle-sloter/

    Vikings will release him if they can't trade him.
    2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    Posts
    14,300
    Quote Originally Posted by Houshmazode View Post
    https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...h-kyle-sloter/

    Vikings will release him if they can't trade him.
    He was signed to Arizona's practice squad today. As much as some Broncos fans seem to believe in him, right now he's probably in a fight to try and earn a chance to go to a fourth training camp somewhere. His best bet might be to see if he get a contract in the XFL or CFL (less money than an NFL PS, but more opportunity) otherwise he's probably going to end up as a former player soon.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    9,381
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    He was signed to Arizona's practice squad today. As much as some Broncos fans seem to believe in him, right now he's probably in a fight to try and earn a chance to go to a fourth training camp somewhere. His best bet might be to see if he get a contract in the XFL or CFL (less money than an NFL PS, but more opportunity) otherwise he's probably going to end up as a former player soon.
    And quite a lot of Vikings fans think he's a baller too. I'm not sure why he keeps getting passed over --he must have terrible B.O. or something!
    Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •