Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Sloter

Quote Originally Posted by GMTD View Post
    He's doing all he can when given the chance in actual games, although he appears to have issues in practice that are holding him back.

Being the undrafted guy is counting against him more than it really should.
    Zimmerís comments about Sloter on August 20th:

ďHeís got to get a lot better in a lot of the other parts of being a quarterback. Making the right checks, getting people in the right formation, making sure the motion is there, not missing the time clock when itís eight yards in front of you. Thereís a lot of things that he has to get better at if he wants to be the backup quarterback.Ē

Sloterís inability to manage details counted against him, nothing else.

Cardinals just got their third QB: Kyle Sloter. He will be behind Kyle Murray and Brett Hundley in their practice squads Somehow the Vikings cut him and Arizona got him, being first priority in the waiver wire. I'm still mad Elway (the Prez of F.O.) put Sloter in the final cuts and Vikings claimed him at the time..

Hopefully more and experience on the field will get Sloter more organized on the field.

https://azcardinals.com/news/cardina...qb-kyle-sloter
    Last edited by CaribouRanch; 09-04-2019 at 12:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CaribouRanch View Post
    Cardinals just got their third QB: Kyle Sloter. He will be behind Kyle Murray and Brett Hundley in the depth chart. Somehow the Vikings cut him and Arizona got him, being first priority in the waiver wire. I'm still mad Elway (the Prez of F.O.) put Sloter in the final cuts and Vikings claimed him at the time.

Hopefully more and experience on the field will get Sloter more organized on the field.

If I recall, we were not going to carry 4 QBs on the roster. At one point we had Siemian, Osweiler, Lynch, Sloter, and Kelly. I think Lynch got hurt and went to the IR (2017-ish :confuse. Kelly had not yet gone mental for Halloween was was never going to the practice squad. Neither Siemian nor Osweiler were PS candidates which left Sloter to be released. He cleared waivers. Let that sink in, we cut him and none of the other 31 teams expressed interest in him during waivers. Elway made him an offer to sign to the practice squad and at that moment the Vikings came and and made a great offer that Sloter chose to take.

Sloter chose the Vikings over the Broncos. And I think it made sense for him at the time. Though we had (still have) QB drama, it was a crowded field and Sloter would likely be the odd man out. With the Vikings he would have more opportunity - and did. Yet he still managed to stay 3rd in the depth chart and was finally released to be the Cardinals #3.

Elway has had a mess of QB issues. Some, though not all, issues were self-inflicted but Sloter was not one of them.

The urban legend of Sloter lives on. Meanwhile, crickets on the Broncos #2 QB less than a week before the season opener. Gotta love it!

I wonder which legend will live on longer Sloter or Ingle Martin
    All that is gold does not glitter,
    Not all those who wander are lost;
    The old that is strong does not wither
    Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

--J.R.R. Tolkien

Quote Originally Posted by CaribouRanch View Post
    Cardinals just got their third QB: Kyle Sloter. He will be behind Kyle Murray and Brett Hundley in the depth chart. Somehow the Vikings cut him and Arizona got him, being first priority in the waiver wire. I'm still mad Elway (the Prez of F.O.) put Sloter in the final cuts and Vikings claimed him at the time.

Minnesota never claimed him, he went unclaimed, Denver tried to sign him to the PS, Minnesota offered him more money and he went to their practice squad, he was signed to the regular roster after injuries took their toll, but he was never active.

He's also not on the Cardinals roster nor is he not he depth chart, he's on their practice squad. He could be signed by any team in the league at this point.

I have to ask, you're upset Denver let him "get away" but two years later he's never been active for an NFL game, never played meaningful minutes (if there is such a thing) in the preseason, nor is he on an NFL roster at this point. He's not an NFL QB.

Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    The urban legend of Sloter lives on. Meanwhile, crickets on the Broncos #2 QB less than a week before the season opener. Gotta love it!

What do you mean? They claimed Brandon Allen on Sunday and he's their backup QB.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    What do you mean? They claimed Brandon Allen on Sunday and he's their backup QB.
    Thereís more talk about Sloter on the board than Allen. Thatís what I meant.