Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Atoka, Oklahoma
    Posts
    1,863

    First Denver game, opening Day!!! Advice!!

    Hey guys,

    So my brother and I will be attending our first Regular Season Denver Bronco game on Opening Day vs Seattle!! Flying in on Saturday, got us a hotel downtown, and will be heading over as soon as we can get in.

    We will be hitting the concession stands, so what foods do you suggest? Neither of us drink ďadultĒ beverages, so what can we expect to pay for some eats and drinks?

    Hey man, and as each day draws closer, Iím getting giddier and giddier. I feel like a little school kid fixing to go on my first field trip!

    A couple of things: weíve got to fly home Sunday night. Iím curious if the hotel can hold our bags until we leave the stadium and swing by there and pick them up, despite the fact itíll be after checkout times. Anyone else have an answer to this issue?

    And what about taxis? Saw where someone mentioned a train station in the FAQs thread. Does it take you to the airport?

    Also, anyone else on here going to the game? Help out a displaced Bronco fan with as much information and advice you want to share. Like a good place for supper Saturday night? Anyone tailgating with breakfast? Lol

    Seriously, just really excited to take it all in.
    Personal goals: GOAL WEIGHT = 250lbs
    Weight loss needed for FGW = 120 lbs
    Weight lost so far: - 24 lbs

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    7,363
    Quote Originally Posted by diesel51 View Post
    Hey guys,

    So my brother and I will be attending our first Regular Season Denver Bronco game on Opening Day vs Seattle!! Flying in on Saturday, got us a hotel downtown, and will be heading over as soon as we can get in.

    We will be hitting the concession stands, so what foods do you suggest? Neither of us drink ďadultĒ beverages, so what can we expect to pay for some eats and drinks?

    Hey man, and as each day draws closer, Iím getting giddier and giddier. I feel like a little school kid fixing to go on my first field trip!

    A couple of things: weíve got to fly home Sunday night. Iím curious if the hotel can hold our bags until we leave the stadium and swing by there and pick them up, despite the fact itíll be after checkout times. Anyone else have an answer to this issue?

    And what about taxis? Saw where someone mentioned a train station in the FAQs thread. Does it take you to the airport?

    Also, anyone else on here going to the game? Help out a displaced Bronco fan with as much information and advice you want to share. Like a good place for supper Saturday night? Anyone tailgating with breakfast? Lol

    Seriously, just really excited to take it all in.
    Not sure what the non-adult beverages cost, but all concessions at the stadium are pricey. Expect to pay about $20-25 for a sandwich and a drink.

    Most, if not all, hotels will hold your bags.

    There is a light rail line that runs to the airport, but I have never taken it. Not sure how often it runs.

    There are a lot of good places to eat in downtown, what do you like?


  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Atoka, Oklahoma
    Posts
    1,863
    Quote Originally Posted by 80stheman View Post
    Not sure what the non-adult beverages cost, but all concessions at the stadium are pricey. Expect to pay about $20-25 for a sandwich and a drink.

    Most, if not all, hotels will hold your bags.

    There is a light rail line that runs to the airport, but I have never taken it. Not sure how often it runs.

    There are a lot of good places to eat in downtown, what do you like?
    Well, both of us will eat about anything, but Iím thinking either a Steakhouse or a good Mexican restaurant for Saturday.

    Good to know on the hotels. Iíll double check ours. And thanks!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Atoka, Oklahoma
    Posts
    1,863
    Also what time do they open the gates for the Broncos game?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    7,363
    Quote Originally Posted by diesel51 View Post
    Well, both of us will eat about anything, but I’m thinking either a Steakhouse or a good Mexican restaurant for Saturday.

    Good to know on the hotels. I’ll double check ours. And thanks!
    Benny's is a very good Mexican Restaurant. It's on 7th & Grant, near downtown.


  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    D-Town
    Posts
    1,461
    A-line (airport line from Union Station) runs every 15 minutes. Takes about a hour to get you to the airport.

    You have to walk West (from Union Stations) across Wewatta and Chestnut if you want to catch the E, C, or W lines to Mile High Station.

    I wouldn't take a taxi. It's an absolute cluster when you get close to the stadium. The train will be much cheaper and easier to use.

    http://www.rtd-denver.com/LightRail_Map.shtml

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Ville of Rose, NorCal
    Posts
    18,342
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshua2585 View Post
    A-line (airport line from Union Station) runs every 15 minutes. Takes about a hour to get you to the airport.

    You have to walk West (from Union Stations) across Wewatta and Chestnut if you want to catch the E, C, or W lines to Mile High Station.

    I wouldn't take a taxi. It's an absolute cluster when you get close to the stadium. The train will be much cheaper and easier to use.

    http://www.rtd-denver.com/LightRail_Map.shtml
    Every time I'm in Denver we stay Downtown and train to the stadium. The walk with all of the other Broncos' fans makes it well worth it!
    *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
    *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
    *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*



  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Atoka, Oklahoma
    Posts
    1,863
    I want to say before I fall asleep in my own bed, that trip was awesome!!! Loved the entire experience! Enjoyed the game, the activities, the people around us. Tremendous experience!!!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •